Hi, last winter I was spending a lot of time with my kids playing in snow, ice-skating, and doing some similar things. However, my daughter developed patches of itchy, red skin on her face, numbness and freezing sensation. It disappeared after a while, but I don’t know if should let her out in the snow again next winter.

Hello, am 24 years old and I still have numbness and freezing sensation every time I go out on the snow. I have skin problems even when I go out on the street when it’s cold and windy. My skin becomes red with white spots, and after a freezing sensation, there comes a burning sensation the second I enter a room with a normal temperature. I don’t think this is a real frostbite, I think that I’m just oversensitive to cold weather. Numbness and freezing sensation usually affect fingers, toes and ears first, but many people have problems with their cheeks, hands and nose, like me. I don’t think you should let your daughter spend too much time playing in the snow again, but I don’t think either that a little chilly air would harm her. If this happens again, take her to a doctor. He might prescribe her some cream medicines for her face and ears.