Hi All, I am 28 now. Recently after my first dilevery, I got super big boil near my panty line at bottom. I could not even sit and was crying like hell. the boil drained in 5 days and then I used to get them now and then regurlary every month. I didn't had my period yet, Every month the time my mc cycle used to come, I used to get these boils and not period. Firstly my doctor thought these might be due to post pregnancy heat dur to heacy stuff we ate. But then he suggested me to do culture test for PUS. I dod it. he found a certain type of bacteria in this which need to be treated only. Doc said bateria wont go that easily hence you get it every month. I have started the treatment for the bacteria this month. lets see the result in next month.

I am going threw the same issue always at my period time and in the same spot I had surgery two months ago and it didn't help it is back in the same spot and it hurts twice as bad now

I get a boil every month when my period is on. I get one where ever my pad has came in contact with my skin down there. My doctor said is from the pads most women are hypoallergenic and they don't make a pad for that. I have been dealing with boils under my arms since I was 14 I'm 30 now my underarms have been lanced so many times I have scars and bumps. The best thing I have found to work is cheap aspirin from the dollar store I take 6 and u will fill the aspirin goin to the boil it will throb for a few mins then pop. Clean the area well and let it close.

I've been getting these regularly for the past 8 years or so (I'm nearly 54 now) and they're definitely cyclical, arising either with or right before my period. I used to let them run their course but walking could get excruciatingly painful sometimes, to the point of limping, but eventually it would fade.

Back in 2006, a dermatologist gave me a topical strong antibiotic ointment by prescription for rosacea and one month, out of sheer desperation, I applied it twice a day, morning and night, to the boil. In a couple of days it was gone. Now, every time I feel that telltale tingle warning of its return, I start applying and it never comes to anything. I'm not enthusiastic about the idea of monthly antibiotic use, what with the rise of resistant bacteria, but I don't feel I have a choice at this stage if I want to be comfortable. 

What I use is Metrogel (metronidazole gel) 1% which is manufactured by Galderma Labs (according to the tube I'm looking at right now). I live in Europe these days and am getting down to my last two tablespoonfuls or so, so I'm hoping it'll be something I can get over here. But I hope this info helps someone. The stuff has been a godsend for me. It's important to note that it expressly warns against using it orally, ophthalmically, or intravaginally (and, although it doesn't say so, that would more than likely include nasally or anally) so clearly it doesn't mix with mucus membranes, however, on the exterior of the labia, pantyline, etc., it should be fine.

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

Yes, I believe whatever it is, is hormone related in some way.

I have had them appear a few days before my period as well for going on 5 years. They usually appear in the crease of my leg by my panty line,sometimes so painfull I cant walk. I have read on the internet it could be related to uncontrolled Diabietes. I have yet to get myself checked but am worried as diabietes runs in my family. For now I take warm baths with epson salts it helps with the swelling and brings the boil to a head quicker, I then apply an antibiotic cream that i got from the drugstore. 

I have the same issue been like this for years,had to have surgery a few times,doctor says they are abscesses not boils and theres nothing that can be done for them...sad...they are just in the way,but im glad im not the only one having this issue,thought something was really wrong and doctors were just giving me the run around,i have found soaking in epson salt helps to ease pain,also use dial unscented soap when washing up,and no baths (only when soaking in epson salt )

I am so relieved that I'm not the only one who gets these darn things!

I've just had a third abscess in the same exact place, right before my period, in a matter of two years. The first time it was very large, about the size of a quarter, and I went to the doctor to have it drained and they gave me antibiotics. The second time it appeared it was in the exact same place but much smaller (smaller than a penny.) Not wanting another huge bill from the doctors I took things into my own hands and used a natural approach.

Research told me to use a combination of aloe vera juice and wild oregano oil which acts as a natural antibiotic and  can be found in natural food stores. I got the gel capsules of oregano oil, cut them open and used a Q-tip to soak up the aloe-oregano oil combo and applied it to the abscess about every 3 hours. and every third time I'd wash the infected area with aloe soap, and take a hot (really hot) bath. By the end of the second day of this the abscess came to a head by squeezing it gently after a bath. It drained with almost no effort and much of the pain went away. I continued putting the aloe and oregano-oil on it even after the swelling and redness went away.

This has been the second time this method was successful in getting rid of the abscess, Now I just need to figure out how to prevent it from happening all over again! It seems to be hormonal because I eat a very healthy diet, exercise regularly and practice good hygene. I think I am going to change my diet to less 'hormone' filled foods like dairy and soy, before and during ovulation. It's the only thing I can think of at this point, besides not wearing underwear that may cause chafing? Maybe that will help... Any thoughts?

both of my daughters have the same problem. i never had it. its bad enough having a period then a boil on top of that. we r looking 4 help also on what to do about this. doctor is no help just tells us poor hygeine. my daugs shower daily so thats out of the question. and it is scary. if any knows about this please help.

Sorry could not remember my user name but i posted on here a few times before.

I FINALLY HAVE AN ANSWER well possibly. I have seen a Doctor here in Australia and there is a new clinic that opened and im off to see a specialist who deals with exactly this. Well apparently it is because we have too much Proestrogen and it manifests itself on your skin as an infection. I have been told that medical professionals have been aware that the menstruating cycle can cause things like this but nobody has ever really studied it. Anyway i will have more info after i have had another consultation with this specialist... Good thing is it can be treated if thats what it is.

Hi - can you let me know if you find a resolution please.

I have been getting these boils/cysts/lumps for YEARS. I went to a dermatologist who confirmed that it is hidradenitis suppurativa (HS). I am taking a low dose minnocyclene twice daily. It seems to reduce the number of them that I get, but not the intensity. I still have 1-2 per month. I have noticed that they do seem to flare when it's period time, or when I'm stressed.

I recommend that you find out more about Lichen Sclerosus (LS).

Relieved to see that I am not alone suffering such problem. Even i was scared as suffering from the same problem of getting boils just before periods from last 2 years. Recently went to gynec and came to know that its common in women to have those boils just before your period. But frankly speaking though they dont have any medication and solution for this particular problem but it pains a lot when sumtimes those boil are big in size and when swelling is their as cant wear jeans and tight trousers.

Just hoping that at some stage this problem would stop as I have read somewhere that womens pre mensural symptoms changes in every 3-5 years.

Ok I've noticed that I've so been getting them every month but I didn't link it to my periods. I started getting one yesterday and I'm actually due to get my period in a couple days. I'm going to keep track from now on. But ladies, they don't have to be painful. I learned that if u put castor oil on it as it begins to grow, it goes away. Get a cotton ball and put castor oil on it and secure it over the boil with a bandaid. Put it on before bed and in the morning u will noticed its gone down. If it had a head, it will be gone in the morning. I usually do this as soon as I notice one is starting to come out and I do it usually two nights in a row. Apparently the castor oil on the cotton ball absorbs the toxins from it. All I know is that when I came across this natural cure online I was skeptical but figured it was worth a try bc they are painful and so ugly (I don't want my bf seeing this planet seized ugly thing on me). It works! Try it! I don't really care about getting these so often now bc as soon as I put on the castor oil it goes back down n doesn't hurt at all.