As I read this I find myself in tears to know that there are other women out there with the exact same problem as me. though I haven't seen anyone explain what the problem is or how to stop it. I will keep checking and if I find anything I will post it here.

OMG you have no idea how annoyed i am with Doctors. I have had this problem for 10 years!! (Yay for me)  I have repeatedly told Doctors, Gynos, Dermatologists, Immunologists etc that this problem is related to my MENSTRUAL CYCLE yet none of them listen and some have told me it is not possible. I know my own body so is it just a coincidence that exactly 5 days prior to my period my boil/abbcess grows ?? No probably not.. Now if im lucky once my menstruation has started the boil/abbcess will just reduce in size and subside till next month...

I have kept a diary and its the same every month.........

However i have had 6 surgeries under general anaesthetic and 2 under local (Not recommended) for drainage and packing as the boils will always be very deep in that area.

I have had them in the crack of my thigh/vagina area

On both sides of my buttcheeks (Just in the right place to really ruin your life!!)

Now sometimes even after surgery they will recurr with my cycle in the same area however i tend to just redrain these myself ..

I am at my witts end with this... I have no luck with antibiotics they do not work for most staph infections(Boils) so i just have to put up with it.. I have looked into permanant solutions as this really is taking its toll. I have been put on the implanon to steady my cycle!! NOPE Not working had 4 boils and 3 surgerys since its been in for over 2 yrs so will get that removed next month.

I havent had any kids yet im 36 and  my body clock is ticking so my new plan is to pop a few kids out in the next few years then possibly ask for a Hysterectomy .. (I see this as the only solution) NO PERIODS = NO BOILS Right? SIMPLE Yet trying to convince a DR that this is related is like talking to a brick wall , i now that sounds drastic but seems like there is no other way.

PS . Im nursing a lovely golf ball sized boil/abcess on my left buttock right now that just wont come to a head to drain, (Its been coming and going without coming to a head for the last 7 months, Been doing hot compresses 6 x a day for 15 mins but nothing. Went to hospital but they said it wasnt ready !!!! ARGHHHHH Started a new job Monday and trying to hide my grimacing facial expressions when sitting down......

Also just feel like c**p when i got this... Dont really want sex would be too painful......my husband is suffering

Anyway im hoping it will subside now as im about to get my period .. But if it was this bad this month i know next month will be torture.

I have been having these terrible boils on my inner labia since i was 14 ( now 26). They are very painful, cant walk or sleep when  I

have one of these little monsters. What makes it worse is that they come just before my period, same spot (inner labia), same days until it bursts etc. i have been diagnosied ten different times. the latest one is that i have herpes type 11. Is that for real?I have never had sex ( imagine my first tym and having to explain this to my future partner!!!).

what could really be wrong. Anyone have answers out there? 

Dont worry its not Hepres , That is just a cop out from your Doctor as they dont know what it is !!!! The fact is i dont think anybody knows what it is which is extremely frustrating...
As i said in my last post i am nursing one on my butt cheek.. its a monster!! I am off to the doctors again soon however this time i am printing out all the responses on this thread...
I will keep you posted.
PS there is a blood test which can test for herpes... Ask for it if you are worried.but i doubt thats what it is as symptoms are too different and you have not had sex so that should put your mind at rest.

I have been suffering the SAME fate as you all ever since I was 18... about 15 years now. They are AWFUL and almost ALWAYS come around the time of my period. I have found that if I touch them or try to pop them they only grow bigger and more painful. Also, I noticed that when I was on YAZ birth control (not the generic or any other brand) they were fewer and smaller. For this reason alone my wonderful midwife made sure I wasn't given generic. While I was pregnant with my first child I had a wonderful 9 month reprieve while pregnant, but after I gave birth I got a HORRIBLE one the size of a ping-pong ball right over where they lymph glands are on my left thigh/pubic area. I went to see my midwife and she said it was a "furuncle" which is the same as a boil, but just sounds nastier. She did say that lancing it would be more painful than allowing it to pop on its own. It did pop, eventually, and she tested the drainage thinking that it was MRSA, but it was just general staph. 

The only thing I have found that helps is taking sitz baths when I have these. Lots of them. I had one a few days ago and seriously took 9 baths in one day... even after the thing popped. My midwife also suggested using an antibacterial hand soap to wash the outside parts down there - not the labia minora area, but everything else. I've notice that I get more of them that are worse if I happen to wear panties that are anything but 100% cotton or ones that are too tight in the elastic areas around my legs. 

When I first started getting these at 18 the healing was SUPER painful. The open boils would start to scab over but the scabs would attach themselves to my panties and when I would pull them down it would tear off and make me want to cry or throw up from the pain. If you have anything like this, I would suggest using a layer of vaseline (you don't want to use neosporin or something to aid in the healing before the thing drains completely or it will come back again), a piece of cotton bandage and then some of the "fabric tape" stuff that doesn't pull the hair or skin when you remove it. 

It's taken me 15 years to figure some of these things out and I hope they can help someone out there be a little more comfortable if they get these demon boils. My only worry is that sometimes the lymph glands in my legs will swell up and become painful if I have one of these. I know it's just because they're doing their job and draining the infection and dealing with it, but I don't want them to have issues after years of this misery. 

Hi everyone, I've been having the exact same problem for about 8 months now. I have noticed the boil appears at the same spot, usually on the last day of my period. First time it was huge and scary, very painful, went to the hospital and they cut it open. They gave me antibiotics and i thought it was a one time thing but it kept reappearing and went to the hospital again, was operated on again, took antibiotics again. This time its smaller and less painful. What I 've noticed  is that its always worse and almost sure to appear during or after a stressful time (work problems, personal problems, you name it). I am a smoker and slightly overweight, but, the extra weight was gained after this started happening to me. I am mentioning this cause the dermatologist said boils are connected both to smoking as well as weight problems. Later he said basically they don't know why boils appear. And that If I quit smoking and lose weight, they don;t know whether the problem will go way or not. But the surgeon insists its some kind of infection. Anyway, I think the best way to deal with it is shower a lot and ignore it a lot. 

I am not overweight .... However i do Smoke...... I was actually going to ask how many others on here smoke??? I quit for 2 years a while back and come to think of it i had no problems during that time. Maybe it is related so will be interesting to see how many others are smokers. Also i dont think it is hygiene related at all i was first told this a while back and i shower daily but with the Drs advice started to use medicated soaps and shower twice a day it made no difference. The problem is under the skin and the boil starts very deep away from the surface..... very deep until its forced out so how medicated soap can help doesnt make sense to me until the boil has surfaced. Mine popped on Friday and i got as much out as possible however its still hard and not sure its fully finished doing its thing yet.. However i do have some relief and can now sit down!! Must quit smoking !!!!!

Like everyone else, I am comforted to know that I am not alone with my recurring symptoms.  And I am happy to read some treatment recommendations, as I am currently wearing my husband's boxers to just tolerate the pain of mine (right on the panty line). Just nasty and SO unattractive (not to sound shallow, but really...)

Hello again everyone! Done some more research and found some more information about boils. it says they appear when a person's body is somehow exhausted or tired more than usual and it needs immediate cleansing. i know that many people here have written that they have been having this problem for years so they might argue its not something that just appears when you 're tired. In any case, the advice may help a few of us:

1.Follow a fruit diet for about 5-7 days (no starch, no spices,  no sugar, no junk food, no cakes, sweets, bread, basically nothing BUT fruit, vegetables AND lots of water). You might need to repeat this diet. 

2. Bathe with salts of ammonium sulphate 2-3 times a week. 

3. use teatree oil, lemon or garlic ( i m a fan of garlic for skin infections personally) RIGHT ON the boil. There are also other herbs reccomended but I think these 3 are more easily found round the kitchen, and from my experience, they work best.

4. Get rid of stress  (if you can) and exercize.  

I m gonna try it, and let you know how it went after I'm done.

And to add some info, yes i have read many times that boils are related to smoking as well as weight problems. But the doctors are never sure, and most important, they don;t usually relate boils to menstruation, which is OBVIOYSLY wrong. 

Quit smoking we must, I hear you my friend. Tell me please if you also have noticed some kind of relation with your period? Does it ALWAYS happen right before or after? My boils are exactly the same. Too deep, too "angry"... Try some sitzbaths, with chamomile, basically they will help the boil pop faster. Happy to hear you can finally sit down! I hope you never have it again!!!

I agree with you, we really must make them doctors understand its some home period related. They don't listen to me either. Like you, the antibiotics don't do s**t, and the boils keep reappearing. And of course like you say, it affects us very much, we feel ill. Hope you feel better soon!

i started geting these boils about a year a go and they come aound my period and when i was younger i used to use a sun bed  and when i did i noticed that you would never get spots so im thinking if went on the sundeds for short periods that it would stop these boils cuming up in the first place as if you had a cut and went uneder the sun bed if would heal alot faster

Yes mine are definitely related to my menstrual cycle, If you read my first post it explains my history. This is not my first boil/abcess and im guessing not my last.......

Cant wait to see how your diet goes...
I eat very well anyway mostly organic and fresh but i do think changing diet will have a positive effect.
You do the diet and i will quit smoking !!! See what happens...

Yes, in fact I had read your first post but had missed the name Ladybump! sorry! My story is pretty much same as yours..