Well if you see big changes after quitting please let me know. I m sure it will help a lot, I just can't quit right now.... Can't wont same thing huh? Thanx a lot! Hope we both feel better soon!

Well, I am not sure smoking or diet is the problem. As as I explained b4 I have had this issue for most of my life. Luckily, it has stopped it's monthly viscous predictable appearance. However, now when they come they are huge. I am a smoker, but not when I was younger. They also never came to a head when I was younger (premenstration) They boils did not pop premenstration. . It was to the point of boil on one armpit/buttock first, then a day later boil in the same place on the other armpit./buttock. As soon as the first boil was popped its alter ego would disappear. I would guess I have had approaching 700-1000 boils. Sad but true. This has to be hormonal. I also have sensitive skin. I am 49 years old, have had one child, and a partial hysterectomy ( I kept my ovaries)

I have same problem for three years now it same spot and hurts dr dont never act worried but i want it to stop coming ! has anyone found oiut any news on it?

I am bieng treated with Aciclovir Drugs do they help? I took the advise and did the herpes blood test, it came back negative. this month its smaller than the usual so less pain. is there anyone who has had these and they have stopped completely???

Im so glad to hear you had the herpes blood test, Like i said before that diagnosis was a cop out and the negative results prove that!! I do not know how to stop these or know of anyone who has had them consistently stop on there own.. The one i had a few weeks back has now dissapeared and i am left with a purplish round bruise looking scar... The bad news is i feel a new one in the very early stages on the opposite butt cheek !!! YAY here we go again!! Let me know how the drugs work for you although they have prescribed you herpe medication!! Oh well if its a virus we all have maybe that will work.

I have similar, if not the same, problem. I had it looked at over a year ago and was told it was a recurring staph infection. I used to get it down below, but that spot has stopped and now it occurs in the same spot every time on my thumb. It starts out with my skin turning red and becomes very itchy and the next day it turns in to a cluster of little puss filled bumps that get bigger and bigger with each day until it's one huge spot. When this happens it becomes very painful. It never drains and I'm too afraid to pop it or drain it myself. When one spot goes away, another one appears instantly. This happens about 5 days before my period, lasts during my period and for a few days after my period. I get about a week or two of relief until it's time for my next period. It's so embarrassing and I don't know what to do about it. As silly as this sounds, I'm too embarrassed to have another doc look at it... have any of you found anything that helps?

I have had the same thing since I was 13 years old and now I am 42. I've had a couple drained under my arms but mainly get them on my upper inner thigh and my bum. The only thing I have come across 2 keep them at bay is taking zinc 3 times a day, echinacea once a day and sodium ascorbate once a day. This can become very expensive though and as soon as u stop taking these, they come back just as bad. Hope this helps some people. :)

I think its the pad itself just rubbing against the skin. I get them too only when I use pads

I have suffered with this condition since I was nine years old (i'm now 41).. I know the pain and embarrassment of these horrible boils. I eat right, exercise, drink lots of water and have excellent hygiene- none of these have been factors in preventing them from coming. They attack right before my period, so it is a hormonal cause. There are things you can do to help and in some cases, prevent them. Wearing panties seems to increase the chance of getting them if you are prone to it. Using an anti-bacterial cream or oil (like tea tree oil) will help the area of affected skin fight the bacteria. Acupuncture treatment for me was like a miracle, it helped get rid of them for five solid years in connection with doing all of the above so I would highly, highly suggest looking into that. The boils may come back (as they did for me) so periodic visits to the acupuncturist will be needed. Like you I am in tears reading these comments, I never knew there were other women (and some men) who suffer from this. All of the doctors that I went to for help didn't know a thing about this, let alone offer any useful help. I had to discover what worked and what didn't on my own, so I'm so glad I can offer some advice that it may help anyone else who suffers from this.

Im going to try the accupuncture you suggest as i am at my wits end... Like you i eat right, excersise and am very clean... (Really annoys me when Docs presume you dont shower!!) So now i tell them i shower twice a day before i even talk to them... I will let you know how the accupuncture goes.. i am making an appointment today...

I had this problem when I had first started my periods and then it stopped after the first year now that I'm 45 it has started again. Always the same spot under my left armpit, always the week before my period. I think it's hormone related my dr thinks its nothing to worry about. I'd imagine they would think differently of it was happening to them. I've been told it was hygiene which is very unlikely because I am very clean, because of my weight which is very unlikely because I was very tiny when it first happened, and because clothes rub it, also unlikely because I don't wear tight clothing. It ticks me off because it appears that the dr just doesn't care. They don't even give me antibiotics because they go away without infection and I don't like to take them. I have used tea tree oil, drawing salve, and oraganio oil. These things bring relief but not a cure as it always comes back. I'm a health care professional in holistic health and I cannot seem to get to the bottom of this. I do believe its hormone and lymph node related however.

I believe that its lymph node related. whenever mine comes up, the lymph node on my right side of the pelvis starts communicating it. My boils appear on the inner labia of my vagina, a week before my period, every month now. it was once in 6 months but it has since peaked. My doctor says its caused by HSV virus . its not curable and can only be managed by less stress, exercise and good diet. does anyone have them on the same position as I do???

Hi If you read from the start of this thread you will see you are not alone and many of us have them in the same place as you do. Its frustrating.
I can say its not to do with excercise or diet as i eat very well mostly organic and work out and play many sports.
Its a big mystery that NO doctors seem to care enough about to find a solution....
I suggest to everyone that the next time they have to go to the Doctors for this that they PRINT this topic out and beg them to read it!!

I have read every post and sad that so many people go thru the same pain and experience so frequently. I am short on time at the moment but wanted to see if anyone has had a full hysterectomy and had relief from that??? I will write all of my info and knowledge to share. I have had this over 10 years

Regarding this hysterectomy question i to would like the answer too as the posts on here are people who have had only partial hysterectomys.... I am keen to get one after i have had kids in the hope i do not have to put up with this all my life ....
Got another one that came up yesterday its so sore and in a terrible place just between by bum cheeks again but on the opposite side! Im sure i will be doing home surgery again in a matter of weeks !!