I'm only 13 years off age & I have had 1 several years back. And I currently have one now. Just found out what exactly they are. 

So i have made a discovery ... Not for prevention but once one occurs... Manuka Honey you can buy them in dressings or put the honey straight on the boil then cover.. Heals the wound alot quicker than anything else... Surprised i had not seen this before.. They did a study on kids in Africa and all had boils that cleared up in half the time.. A google search will show the study results.. Anyway i am using it now and seems great i am using on the wound as my abcess drained already but i will also try digesting the honey orally to see if it will prevent them arising in the first place.
I have added a link about the honey...

***post is edited by moderator *** web addresses not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

Try taking turmeric. I was getting the boils every month, mostly under my arms. I started adding turmeric to just about everything I cook - soups, rice, chicken, scrambled eggs and anything I put in the crockpot. I know it works because when I forget, the boils come back. Try it. I just bought some turmeric capsules from Walmart. Don't know if they work as well.

i thought i was the only one experiencing this problem,. I get boils along my pubic hair line 2 days into my period and last for 2weeks. its been like that religiously for 10 yrs now.i wonder, could it be the pads? 

Have anyone tried eliminating nightshades food from your diet.  Nightshades are potatoes and tomatoes and chilli peppers.  Google and get the list of food.  I'm trying it to see if it works. I read a post on the internet the other day from an individual that had success in this. 

I've had this problem also about 13 years now, after my son was born and my normal periods started again. After he was born my right ovary ruptured with a tumor and was removed. Since the doctors had no treatment besides antibiotics and no real answers I'd just assumed that it was due to not having a right ovary and my hormones being 'out of whack'. A little less than a year ago i had a hemotoma drained on my left ovary (i am the most unlucky person ever lol) and now it is starting to refill AND i have fibroids in my uterus so my obgyn has scheduled me a hysterectomy in 3 weeks. One of my comments to my mom after the news was "YAY NO MORE BOILS!" which she nor any of the other females in my family ever experienced (or admitted to lol), anyway, I know this topic is a bit old but I will try to remember to post the results of the hysterectomy & boil situation, as I know how PAINFULL and downright irritating they can be on so many levels. 

i just made a research about this bcos my gf has been hvng the same problem like you do, one woman advised this topical cream "mupirocin" its an antibiotic cream which she said was very effective.

Think i will try the Turmeric sounds great i hope it works... Been looking for a preventative and this seems like the first idea that has come along.

I'm having the same problem and I've dealt with it all this time (longer than ten years)! Mainly, I would just get them under the arms. I had major surgery for it, in which they cut the sweat glands out and took skin grafts from my legs to cover the gaping holes. I think it was a big insurance thing. Lol. Not a good time for me as you can imagine. But shortly after that (I no longer get them under my arms, and I sure dont have to wear deodorant) I get them in my groin and butt area, and have for years since the surgery. I was told by several doctors that it was Hydradenitis Superativa, an infection of the sweat glands or Staph. Look it up. I think somehow we can overcome this terrible thing!

I am glad to know that I am not alone, I had this problem since I started day periods over 22 years always a week or so before but i had a baby about 9 weeks ago and for the last six week I been getting them in my inner thigh big and massive every day one goes down the other one flares up so annoying and to make the situation unbearable I been having one right on c section scar and that one keeps  coming back. I had read almost all the post and the one I can relate is the one about the sugar intake I personally don't like chocolate or sweet but since having my precious baby I been eating more of it due to my lack of energy will stop consuming any chocolate and sweet s and see the flare ups will stop will post again soon.

Interesting! I have same problem, comes every so often but always during my period. It has always been in the same spot.

Wow, I thought for a while that I had a disease or something! I too have noticed that I get a boil about a week before my period and when I sweat alot it gets worse. Sometimes boil is very painful and sometimes goes away on its own. It feels toxic and I use witch hazel to clean pores and minimize the irritation. Garlic and honey are two herbs that also help. Garlic is a natural antibiotic. I enquired with OBGYN who did not think it was anything. I believe it is hormonal. I dislike this and would really like it to go away! Don't squeeze these boils if you can, they get worse or will spread in your blood stream. Take frequent showers. Let it burst on its own so toxins can drain out. Try Goldenseal tea if you would like. It is the master of all herbs!!

for the past two years, I have started experiencing spots on my butt 3 weeks before my period. They are soo painful. I don't know why or how I get them. Nobody in my family gets them but me. What are they? What can I do about it. Sometimes I just get one, now I am getting three.... I hate it

I have had the same problem for over 3yrs now ...it seems to happen more around my period. I have seen my doctor when I had one pop and it left a dime size hole. My doctor said that ur lymphnoid gets infected and it tries to push out the bacteria thru sweat gland causing the boil. The sweat gland pops but the bacteria still is in the lymphnoid causing the reoccring problem Inorder to stop the boil from reoccrring you have to treat the lymphnoid. I have had one of my lymphnoids removed on one side as I had boils on both sides of my pantyline and ii haven't had any on the right side since. Still get them om my leftside and r about to take out that lymphnoid soon. The process is very painless they numb the infected area cut the area about half inch to 3 qtrs of an inch , cut out lymphnoid and u have like one or two stitches. Down time is nothing just be careful u don't rip stitches. Hope this helps it helped me a lot!

It is good to know I am not alone with this kind of issue. I was actually looking for answers when I came across this discussion board. Whatever the cause is must have something to do with the blood, especially when it occurs a few days prior to the menstrual cycle. All I can say is that it's a lot to handle on top of what women have to go through monthly. I would rather just have my period in peace without the added anxiety of monthly bumps. Wish you ladies the best.