I also have a boil about 5-7 days that comes up before my period will start. Years ago I went to a doctor and all he said was stop wearing cotton panties. That didn't help. I pop them myself when they get to hurting and that helps but they come back in exactly the same spot every month. Now though, for the last two months a lump shows up between the pubi area and the top of my leg. I'm thinking its a lymph node. Does anybody know if there is one there or not? It really worries me since my mother has had breast cancer twice and makes me think I may have cervical cancer or something? Sorry everyone has troubles with these boils but sure am glad to know I am not alone!

Though I have no real solution for any of us. I to am pleased too see that I am not alone. I have suffeted these (boil like) sores for over 5 yrs requesting my doctor to investigate them. My main fear is a severe infection ( STD) His response has been " Aw there nothing, dont worry" Dont worry yeah right they're not on him to jave to explain to his spouse during those private moments. I have since switched doctors in hopes to get answer to be again told the same thing in a way. Now he says they ate Shingles and I will have them tje rest of my life. Here take this antibiotic. It wont cure them but will keep it from spreading. Now not only do I have sores on right buttocks , now they show up under my right arm and on right cheek. Which is how Shingles does but I do not belive these are shingles. I am soon seeing a Dermotologist and if still no help I will be contacting the Center of Disease Control in my state. My main concern with the ineffective antibiotics is that they kill the good bacteria within the body which causes further troubles. Eventually weakening my natural defenses to fight off other infections. Grr. Doctors so need to shut off their calculators and listen to their patients. For everyone here please do not stop seeking answers. Maybe the answers can save another from the pain & sorrow these so called boils cause.

Well here is HOPE I hope. Another poster in the beginning of this thread linked us with a possible diagnosis. You-tube has a presentation on these problems we all seem to be sharing. Well worth watching and then presenting to your own doctors. Hidradenitis Suppurativa As I stated in my earlier post I knew what I have been suffering through was not Shingles. Though there still is no cure I am glad too know I am not crazy. I hope and pray that everyone who suffers through this finds relief. Thank you again to everyone who has made this forum available to the world.

I think it may be related to staph infection.. It is hard to get rid of and special antibiotics are needed to fully rid yourself of this infection.. I have been going thru the same thing and am seeking medical attention.. My research actually guided my dr in the rite directions for my own treatment.. They are only human you know.. Lol;).. Ladies I pray only the best for you and myself because this mess hurts ..

wow, thank you sow much for the info, i have been having the same problem and its over 5 years now and i was worried sick cause doctors cant diagnose. Am glad am not the only woman out there having the same issue. Thank you sow much for posting your concern.

Yes I understand what you all is talking about I use to think it was when I come on my menstrual but I had a an Hysterectomy .But it seem to still come back in the same spot ,I have been to the Doctor and they have lance it out and gave me antibiotics too. but it goes away and comes back its hurts like hell and cant barely moves its so bad its makes my side hurts can some one help me please I am 49 years of age and I'm tired of this,

i have tried searching for help or ideas on the net to see whether there is anyone out there who has the same issue as me...I get a purple and dark red coloured boil on my groin area or on my inner thigh at least every month around the time i get my period...it is very painful and would go away (sometimes pop and have abcess too) leaving a scar each and every time!! I searched and searched and found his link : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hidradenitis_suppurativa It is called Hidradenitis suppurativa and seems to match what I have (early stage though)...there are heaps of images on the internet, videos on youtube and articles on the internet to help you find out more....its great to know there is info out there before seeing a doctor as they can misdiagnose this for herpes or something else...so please check this out and see whether it may be what you are after?? hope it helps someone :)

It sounds like you have Hidradenitis suppurativa. Google it.

I am a nurse, the boils are related to follicle stimulating hormone that spikes monthly, as well as pH changes also cyclic. As some people mentioned, hormonal birth controls can minimize recurrence, using anti-bacterial fragrance free soaps, cotton underclothes with covered elastic and using wet toilet clothes with bowel movements are also helpful. My own still recur occasionally. Hot compresses or soaks can offer some relief when they are there.

i started getting this boils four months ago and im concerned, whats going on

Two weeks ago went to the ER Room here for this cause there are no doctors in their office on Friday's around here got the bill this week  boy was I surprize it cost over 2,000.00 dollar to have this done If you have this try to have it done in a doctor office!!Bartholin gland duct cysts are fairly common and result from blockage of the gland opening and subsequent accumulation of fluid and debris. These cysts can sometimes get infected and cause an abscess. They are treated in several different ways including incision and drainage or a procedure called a marsupialization. 

I have had this problem ever since I was 11. Right about when I started menstruation and everything. I am currently 20 and they come and go. When I was pregnant they stopped for awhile. My doctor told me it could be caused by hormones, which when you are about to menstruate you have all these hormones. She told me that's why they stopped for awhile when I was pregnant because my hormones were evulated for awhile. A month or two later after I had my son they came back. They can also be inherited and caused by your diet and cigarette smoke. The question why? There is really no known reason to why.

Add me to the "Thank goodness this thread exists and I'm not the only one!" list. As another period comes to a close and I think I can breathe a sigh of relief, suddenly it hurts to walk and I've got a boil in my groin. It finally occured to me that this is happening every period. I'm 39 and have been dealing with fibroids for the last 6 months, treating them naturally. It makes sense that the boils would be a hormonal spike thing. I know that honey has a lot of antibactierial properties, I wonder if having a spoonful a day at the onset of a period would help?

Apparently, it is a common enough condition. I was researching as I suffer the same predicament, this is what I found.  It is long, I'll just paste some info and you can use the condition's name to find out more:

Hidradenitis suppurativa is a chronic and stubborn disease centred on inflammation of the large specialised sweat glands (apocrine glands) that are found mainly in the armpits and groins. These areas show a distinctive mixture of boil-like lumps, areas leaking pus, and scarring.What causes hidradenitis suppurativa?It is still not clear why the apocrine sweat glands are affected like this in some people, but mechanical blockage plays a part. As the secretions cannot escape, the tubes containing them may swell up and burst, or become infected. Contributory factors include the following:Hormones are involved in the control of apocrine sweat glands and certainly play a part in the disease. Hidradenitis suppurativa affects women more often than men. It does not start before puberty or after the menopause. It may get better during pregnancy, but is often worse before menstrual periods. Some patients do well with hormone treatments (see below). Bacteria play a part too, but a variety of germs, and not just one special type, is found in the spots. It is not clear whether they cause the disease, or just flourish within it. There may be a link with acne.

Hope it helps

Im going thru the samething right now as we speak and its been goin on for years. My situation is kinda wierd I think I have boilsnin between my thighs. Sometimes they are in clusters of 2. They show up on the left thigh forst then exactly across from it another one forms. They are so painful and I can't stand it anymore. Its hard for me to walk sometimes.