I have a neuroma removed 4 weeks ago today i had all the bandages taken off last Thurday, im still in a lot if pain still feels like im walking on marbles hurts when i move my toes swelling up a lot doc thinks it may be infected but the scar is fine. is anyone else suffering like this or am i just a wimp?

i had neuroma surgery 2 years ago and i have had the worst burning pain since. don't know anything that can be done except strong medication that has terrible side effects and i don't want to take.

Sharp pain in your calf may be a sign of blood clots! Very important to have the doctor get ultrasound images from your groin to your ankle. I experienced the same pain in my calf and it was life threatening blood clots! Get it checked out!

Here is an informative video on what to do when your neuroma surgery fails:

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed***Please read our Terms of Use

I appreciate this advice. After reading everyone's posts, I am scared to death to have surgery & I don't want to have the shots. I used to exercise & now I cannot. Please let me know if you're still feeling fine after all of this time. Thank you!

Thank you I will try this starting now!! Wish me luck! I have been suffering for years and in the last 6 months very painful.

Hi everyone.I had a neuroma removed 18mnths ago on my left foot from the sole,took ages to heal and i am left with painful scar tissue,but it is a different pain and easier to cope with than the neuroma.5 weeks ago i had 2 more Neuromas removed from both feet,i am still heel walking and using crutches.Even so,i do not regret having the operation,i can tell the lumps are gone so future pain will be less than before.I know i have another Neuroma and will have it removed in the future.The healing time is a long one,you have to be very patient.Contrary to popular belief,flat shoes are not good for our feet,we need a little heel to push off from the ground as we cannot use the ball of the foot for the traction needed.Also,the sole of the foot needs protection from the ground so try to wear shoes with a platform or rubberised soles,they make such a difference.

If you have morton's neuroma, there are a number of excellent non-surgical options that are available.

From Wikipedia:
"Recently, an increasing number of procedures are being performed at specialist centers[13] under radiological or ultrasound guidance. Recent studies have shown excellent results for the treatment of Morton's neuroma with ultrasound guided steroid injections,[14] ultrasound guided sclerosing alcohol injections,[15][16] ultrasound guided radiofrequency ablation,[17] and ultrasound guided cyroablation.[18]"

I had two neuromas in my left foot and had surgery to remove them 15 years ago. The swelling in my foot from surgery never went away. My foot turned red to almost purple black, feeling like my foot was on fire to feeling like frost bite and hypersensitive to touch to name a few symptoms. I was dx'd with RSD now called CRPS almost a year after surgery (surgery was in 1999). I was 38 years old at the time of surgery. Over the years I've developed debilitating arthritis in many joints through out my body. Due to having an altered gait from rsd in my left foot, my right hip is completely worn out and need it replaced. I haven't done it yet as the rsd in my foot could spread from the surgery. My right leg 1 1/4" shorter than my other leg cuz of my bad hip. This has been a nightmare for me. I wish you all the best.

I had MN surgery 5/29/14 still in crazy pain. Doc gave me shot in incision and still crazy pain. It feels like someone is drilling into the top of my foot. I don't know what I'm going to do. I can walk for a few hours then around 2 pm pain. Gets crazy bad. Have to put foot up.Anyone have advice?

Yes, If you still have significant pain post morton's neuroma surgery, ultrasound guided cryoablation is a good starting point, assuming that you are a suitable candidate for the procedure.

You should have an MRI (or ultrasound) and, then depending on what is found, you may be suitable for ultrasound guided cyroablation or ultrasound guided sclerosing alcohol injections or ultrasound guided radio frequency ablation.

In general, these procedures can be vey effective if done under ultrasound guidance by a physician with experience.

Good luck.

I had my neuroma surgery 3 months ago in my left foot (5/9/14). At my first sign of it the doctor didn't want to do anything said it was the size of a small pea and so he recommended shots in the area. As months went by the pain worsen and it felt like I was walking on a rock and I wasn't able to wear closed shoes. Continuing the shots would just cause me more pain so I opted to have it remove. Let me tell you it was a painful surgery, and I developed pain in my left hip which later told to me by the doctor that was because I was elevated during surgery which caused a strain on my hip joint. Thank God it went away because 6 days afterwards I had arthroscopic surgery on my right knee for a torn meniscus. Pain was all gone after that surgery. But my foot still gave me problems, where I was feeling like pins and needles in the area of the surgery. Again he recommended shots and I am up to three and still no relief. Lately I have been experiencing spasms where I can watch my toe curl before my eyes. I'm hoping that the next shot will do the trick but will have to see. I really want to be 100% so that I can go back to walking again.

Been there and have done that, shots did not work for me. The ultrasound radiofrequency ablation worked great but within several months it came back again 10 fold. I had it surgical remove but still have no relief, still in pain but not the kind were I felt I was walking on a stone.

I'm very surprised that ultrasound guided RF ablation did not work. I would have suggested you try it another time or try ultrasound guided cryoablation or ultrasound guided sclerosing injections before jumping to surgery.

I suggest you have your pain and your foot carefully evaluated before anything. Cyroablation may still be an option to deal with post operative pain or stump neuroma.

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use