Wikipedia is often full of sh*t

Do not have stump neuroma surgery it was a nightmare and does not help,now i have new pains

So how are you doing now because I just had the same thing done yesterday. I had a bunion removed on my right foot eight months ago on my left side which was hardly noticeable, and now it's become to another surgery and had to have the same thing you had done with removal of a nerve that can affect not feeling anything in those two toes yet also he removed the hardware from having a screw in my Big toe from taking the bunion out. I've been in nothing but pain for eight months and buying different kinds of shoes just to satisfy my foot. And to specialist and they said the same thing as he is, but the reason why they took part of the nerve is because I was having shockwaves coming from the ball of my foot up to my leg to my To my knee and it felt like I was putting my foot into a 110 socket all the time all day long. Thank you!

Mine is almost the same pain as before the removal. From the top left foot between 3-4 toes, & now i have frozen foot syndrome, too!When in an air conditioned meeting, or just a colder room, the foot & ankle becomes cold, & hurts too. Mr. Surgeon never heard of this..right? So my inner calf is also chronic pain & ankle, too front area, & foot is wider, & no way heels for very long! I'm devastated as it effects everything...I haven't ridden my bike in 3 yrs. since I had it...I've tripped a few times, as the toes are dead...shall I go on..? I went to another Foot Dr. who injected alcohol into the cut! That was fun, & I truly thght he was a quack! I never went back after that! Wanted to try it again! Heck no! He even shushed me, no one in the office either..Nerve! I read others have tried that, too..Dr's..I went to a new Podiatrist here in Fla, & he took an xray & said nothing there..Ano. real great Dr.?! So today I'm going to a Woman Dr. as I have a thorn in my right toe,removed, I can't get at! I hope this helps someone. I'd say don't do it! I think it's worse now than before...Still get the burning to the point, I can no longer stand on it...! In the same area under the toes..

I didn't know what the little symbols are that I presses. Nothing wrong with her comment...Thanks..

I had the same surgery, both feet at the same time, Dec 2010. To date, I have been unable to wear anything but flip flops, winter and summer. I am in constant pain, 24/7. If you find something helpful, please contact me .
Thanks

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

Neurontin will help with the zingers and tingling. Going to take at least 6 months to a year. When walking it feels like there is a huge lump on the bottom of my foot, drives me crazy!!!

I had read that some re-develop neuromas at the stump of the nerves that were severed to remove the neuroma, that nerve endings not secured, but just left in the ball of the foot area, can increase this risk. I'm having this surgery, as well as bunions and hammer toe, in my right foot in 2 weeks, because, as a nurse, I just can't walk on it anymore. I'm literally hobbling at the end of each shift, and I'm not ready to give up my job, I love it that much. I've finished my course of steroid injections, 2 into each joint effected (second toe, and when the pain seemed to worsen between my 3rd and 4th toe, the hammer toe, 2 injections there) and the pain is returning. As steroids are actually corrosive to joints with overuse, the only recourse now is surgery, or live with it, which is not possible for me. I would have to find a new career.

Anyway, I specifically asked my doctor about this...was considering just having the bunions and hammertoe fixed, both of which increase the risk of developing a neuroma, and leaving the neuroma to see if fixing the defects that lead to the neuroma....he said that his feeling, after many years doing these surgeries, is that nerves left with no purpose tend to "act up" and cause pain/pins/needles, etc, so he anchors the end of the nerves after they are severed to a muscle, so they resume a purpose. He didn't guarantee that would prevent that kind of pain, but that he's seen it lessen the chance. We settled on removing the neuroma only if he got in there and saw immediately that it was large enough that it was the main problem...otherwise, he'd fix the other issues and see if a small neuroma resoved.

I really pray this fixes my problems. With larger feet (size 11 now, they grow with age...something to look forward to, for those younger readers....mine were size 9 at age 12 !!) I've had foot pain my whole life. For me to actually be getting ready to have surgery, it's bad.

Wish me luck, and I wish all of you luck with resolving your problems, too.

You're expecting too much too soon. It takes a long time for complete healing. It's been a year for me and it probably took nine months for my foot to feel anywhere near normal.

I had the same experience. I got crps in my right foot. It has been almost 3 years ago & I have had PT, take 2700 mg of neurotin daily, I've had numerous spinal nerve blocks that only take the pain to a 5. I walk carefully everyday & pray for pain relief in a foot that looks perfectly normal. In 2 days I'm having a spinal nerve stimulator implanted in hopes of blocking the pain. I'm 65 & do not want to grow old with this pain & taking so much neurotin . Good luck! Get into PT & get a nerve block to see if it calms it down. Good luck! I feel your pain. If I could take it back I'd never have had the surgery!

Sabrina your account of your Morton's nueroma surgery seems to be good but rare in that other accounts of post op patients can be quite negative and scary concerning aftercare and poor results. Is there something you did to especially to help in the way your surgery has remained successful ?

I also just had neurons surgery. Nerve removal. I'm 2 weeks post op and have awful pain in my calf muscle. Stopped wesringvthe special shoe they gave me because it felt like it was putting strain on leg. No redness or swellingvto leg just awful pain.
Once tablets kick in it eases off but always returns.

You have had 2 removed? Was it in the same foot? How far apart were the surgeries?

I had nuroma in both feet and had 3 surgery to fix the problem let but in fact I'm worse than ever to the point i been prescribed morphine ! I can barley walk and now I have same problem on my left foot just to the side 9f a precious nuroma ... awaiting to see surgeon :( I'm frustrated as I'm living in unbearable pain ...

i am going to try thank you