Hey there,

anyone have any good Chili recipes? I've got tofu, lean ground beaf, kidney, beans, tomatoes, green/red peppers and various spices

NOW WHAT?!

Thanks :)

Flip

Do you have an onion? Good, I'm glad you do. ;)

Brown beef then set aside. Cook onion and chilis in some of the reserved fat from the beef until tender. If you've got some garlic, now would be a good time to add it to the onion/mixutre. About 1 tsp. should be plenty.

Dump kidney beans in slow cooker. Add one can of diced tomatoes and one can of tomato sauce. Dump in onion/chilis/garlic mixture. Also add 3 TBSP. of chili powder and 1 tsp salt. A 1/4. tsp of ground red pepper if you like your chili hot. Stir everything together and put the lid on the slow cooker and set it on low.

Come back in 4 hrs. and enjoy your chili.

Thanks for the recipe! I made chili and must say it was a very successful attempt!! :) Now I have enough to last me about 2 weeks!

As for the tofu, I just cut it into chunks and threw it into the mix -a little extra protein, and it soaked up the taste just beautifully.

Thanks again!

Flip

No problem. Chili freezes well if you can't manage to eat it all before it gets old.

What would you add if you wanted to spice it up, PH?

A can of Manwich sauce gives chili a nice sweet flavor.

Lose the beans. Down here, the home of chili, it isn't "real" chili if it has beans.

Usually chili mixes do not work, but there is one that is considered pretty good--Wick Fowlers. If you do not like it hot, just do not use the pepper packet.