I have a mass of basil that I've cultivated and already I've made a mountain of pesto. Any good basil recipes out there?

hiii  

welcome to this site , here you can find many interesting topics related to health and others . here some example 

Fresh basil is one of our favorite parts of summer. It's herbal, refreshing and remarkably versatile. It can liven up a pasta sauce or salad, even a cocktail or dessert.

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

Tomato-Basil bruschetta....mmmm..

Tomato-Basil bruschetta....mmmm..
Mmmmm...thanks! I'm hungry for it now! :D

How about in a salad with tomatoes, fresh mozzarella, and a light viniagrette?

How about mailing some of that to me??? I love fresh basil...what is it NOT good in?? :D
I'll see if I can find some good recipes worth sharing

This recipe certainly won't use up all of your basil, but it's the best one that came to my mind. I love it.

Care to share your pest recipe?

You can freeze your pesto in ice cube trays, then put the cubes in ziplock bags. It will keep nicely for a while, and you can just dethaw serving sizes as you need them.

Care to share your pest recipe?
Take 1 part Shelfie and.....

Yup, I already do that. ;)

You could do it like they do in Maine.

Take your extra (tomatoes, basil, cucumbers, whatever) and put it on a table in the front yard.

Then put a sign that says 50 cents a bunch, honor system.

I bet it will disappear and you might even get paid for some of it. :)

Ha! They do that down here with coconuts. No one gets any money though because they're lying on the side of the road everywhere.

I had a Basil Brulee once. Yes. Like a Creme Brulee, but with basil. It was the most wonderful shade of green and it was delicious!

I looked for a recipe on the web, but...

Care to share your pesto recipe?
2 cups packed fresh basil
2 garlic cloves (more if you like it really arlicy)
1/2 cup walnuts (I use chopped awlnuts rather than whole)
1 1/4 cups evoo
1/2 cup grated Parmesean
1/2 cup pecorino or Romano
3/4 tsp. salt (or to taste)
Process basil, walnuts, and garlic in a food processor or blender and process for 1 seconds. With machine still on, add oil in a steady stream until almost 1 cup of oil has been used. With machine still running, add Parmesean and pecorino/ROmano, and he remaining oil. Taste and season with salt (if needed).
You can use pine nuts instead of walnuts, or even a combination of the two. A few sundried tomatoes (packed in oil) make it nice and colorful and add a bit more richness to the sauce.