Is stress the main cause for dandruff? I get that a lot, specially in exams period!

hmm i get that too haha

Hello, i dont think that stress is the sole only reason for dandruff. I agree that it might be one of the reasons but definitely not a main one. The causes of dandruff are : Dry skin, not shampooing often enough, irritated oily skin (seborrheic dermatitis), Psoriasis, Eczema, Sensitivity to hair products. I think the best thing for you to do if you are having problems with dandruff is to change your shampoo. Buy something thats a little bit more expensive. Usually , more expensive shampoos are better. That way you can rule out sensitivity to hair products. Also , make sure you wash your hair once a day. Hope this helps

stress is said to b one of the causes but ther r plenty of other factors.

i had lots of dandruf but now its in control. i oil my hair weekly at night and wash it in the morning - oil softens ur hair and also makes ur scalp less dry.

u can try - Dancel Shampoo everyday. If u can - try to get Neem leaves. Paste it and use it in ur scalp for half n hour.

keep ur hair clean and avoid going under scorching heated sun.

Yes Stress is one of the cause for dandruff.When you are stressed out too much, your blood circulation to your head and in turn to your extreme ends of the scalp becomes low. So there is less oxygen and hence the scalp dries out faster. It is only when your scalp dries out more; there is more room for your fungus to thrive well with the little moisture that is sweat.I think less stress less dandruff is solution for your dandruff.

Stress can be dangerous to your health. It may not cause dandruff, but it has been linked to a number of other physical symptoms and conditions. The American Institute of Stress cites headaches, teeth grinding, heartburn, infections, appetite changes, sleeping problems, and weight loss or gain as just a few of the potential effects.

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use