Hi all,
My daughter is just 5 and she has this long black curly hair. her hair is pretty dense and recently a thick mat of dandruff settled on her scalp.
I really feel it whenever I see her scratching her scalp and am presently trying everything to rid her of the dandruff.
Her dandruff is a bit weird because when I remove a large flake, there is a tiny hole with blood in it. Not all flakes have blood under them but a number of them. She doesnt feel a thing. Is that normal?
And because her hair is abit difficult to manage shampooing everyday and conbing through is difficult on her.
I have now bought both selsun blue and nizoral. I will first try nizoral and give it sometime. if it doesnt work, I will try selsun blue. I have also bought Listerine (which I read works) and that will be on standby. I am at war with dandruff.
I am presently using sulphur ointment with menthol and peppermint to relieve her itch.
If anyone has experienced the "blood under the flake" bit should pls share share thier experience.
Thanks %-)

visit a Doctor Asap.

I had the same problem since i was a child , didnt take care of it , now I am 29 and suffering from it.

it will move from little pieces to large pieces of flakes with red dot inside (blood)
then after some time will spread all over to the neck and ears and then to face

then they hair loss will start and this takes years.

I was always using Nizoral and cortisone lotions , thinking it was normal mild dandruff .. then it worsened . dont take this lightly. go see a doctor and make analysis for bacteria , fungal , etc .. oh and see a good doctor.

I only started to notice the dried blood stains recently (3-4 yrs), but I've been having dandruff since a child, am now 34 and I'm also suffering from blistering on my soles. I've been googling a lot lately and I've done a prelimary self diagnosis of my situation to be "Psoriasis". I'm really sad at how weak the doctors are at diagnosing my situation, perhaps it's also my inability to consolidate all the symptoms.

You should also check other parts of your daughter's body over a year to note down all the skin issues that are not normal (like blitering, itching, etc) because not all the symptoms will appear at the same time. Consolidate them and present them to your doctor for proper handling of the situation.

In my case, I've noticed that with higher stress and lesser sleep or after a flu, my condition will worsen. More rest and less stress will be less frequent and less intense. Western medicine doesn't work well for me, I've tried Selsun, it'll work for a while but it's too harsh for my scalp, I'll advice you not to use that for your daughter too. Traditional chinese medicine worked better for me. Hope it helps.

That is NOT normal get a doctor!

i think i face a problem which is even worse!!!!! along with removing large chunks of flakes and finding tiny holes of blood in it my hair is also turning grey... i have tried a lot of shampoos and oils but nothing has worked!!! astonishingly i havent consulted to a doctor!!! someone please help...reply asap

Go see a doctor 

ya ive seen a doctor today... he has given me a new shampoo and a lotion ...i hope it works....thanks anyway for the advice

Even I also have the same problem. Someone suggested me to take steam after oiling my hair and then washing off my hair i.e dipping a towel in hot water, squeezing out its water and wrapping it over my head to take its steam and then repeat this at least 5-6 time for half an hour before washing it with shampoo. But due to my busy schedule couldn't get time to do this every time whenever I wash my hair but I follow this on Sundays. Until now I haven't got any relief, so I am also very worried about all this. My hair also started falling too much.

if you don't treat it on time it can lead to seborrheic dermatitis. Nizoral is a strong shampoo, but I would recommend you to visit doctor ASAP. 

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed***Please read our Terms of Use

You're the dumbass who can't spell "you" right.

umm... i think i need to go to a doctor then. Like i will pull out dandruff that is all red (has blood on it)

Can u tell me which shampoos ?? I too have same prob.

Hi, I'm a 13 girl and I'm really addicted to scratching the damdruff off my scalp and now I seem to scratch so much my scale starts bleed. Is this serious or what? I just want an opinion

Stop picking her dandruff or she probably picks at it all the time and the flakes are really big and thick like bloody which leaves a bloody spot on your scalp...i always pick and scratch or scrape dandruff from my scalp and collect it because it's so huge I'm obsessed haha

I have the same problem, it is normal cause I have the same problem it removes that layer of skin then the scalp has to heal through time. So irritating! The best thing to do is use Kera Care Dandruff shampoo and conditioner. This works wonders. I've been buying products thinking that it was going to work and this is the only thing that could. The skin is suppose to have a ph balance of 5 which this is what the shampoo and conditioner does. Wash really really good. Her scalp will definitly feel relieved! I had so many friends come by and try the shampoo and was like I love it! They didn't even read the bottle when it said anti dandruff especially for me! lol It's a good product. Went to beautican and they couldn't tame it but this product is the best product out there hands down. I tried everything! Try Kera Care in the blue bottle that says anti-dandruff I promiseyou will not buy any other product. The next day you wash you would hardly see any dandruff, flakes, blood....none of that just a clear healthy scalp!!! Hope this helps!