Hi everybody,

for the last few weeks I’ve been noticing my scalp starting to peel gradually more and more - it started as your usual dandruff in size, but now it can happen that even a post stamp-sized piece falls off. From what I’ve managed to see it’s the whole scalp that’s peeling and not some specific area. I’m female, age 48 and I didn’t really have any major skin problems or allergies in my life up to this point. Since this started happening I haven’t changed shampoo or conditioner and I have my regular hair stylist I visit. I’m trying to set up an appointment with a dermatologist, but could anyone help me with any suggestion as to why is my scalp peeling?

It sounds like what I have, seborrheic dermatitis, but I've had dandruff like what you've described off and on my whole life. It's strange that all the sudden you would s.b just happen if you've never had any symptoms before. Usually, people that have s.b will have other dry patches on their face as well. Like, sometimes it covers some of my forehead, in my eyebrows, and there is always scaling skin on my nose. There is no cure for s.b, but I maintain mine with switching dandruff shampoos constantly. Putting apple cider vinegar on my scalp and letting it sit for a few minutes seems to help as well. Some weeks, I don't have any dandruff at all and all the sudden BOOM.