I had similar problems when I went home 24 hours after surgery. I ended up taking a laxative to poop. I hadn't pooped until Saturday. I had surgery on Wednesday. The gas was horrible. I also had endometriosis. It has something to do with having surgery. I also was on the same meds you were.

So it is 7/28/13 and I had my gallbladder removed 07/26/13. I was admitted through the ER where they found bile in my gall bladder via ultrasound. Keep in mind I had been having these abdominal pains for almost three years. Had a hyda scan done three yrs ago along with ultrasounds with no diagnosis of choleycystitis. I carried those attacks with me since and finally they find the problem in the ER. My last BM was the day before going into the ER on the 23rd 

On a wednesday  7/24/13 admitted via the ER ultrasound confirmed "sludge" in the gall bladder

Thursday 07/25/13  they add me to the "add on" list for the on call surgeon. No surgery until almost 7pm Friday night.

Friday 07/26/13 I have surgery around 8PM.

Saturday 07/27/13, I ate jello and crackers at 4AM,  a regular breakfast Saturday morning along with a regular lunch that same day. I was sent home this day in the early afternoon.

so we are now at day 5 with no bowel movement. I am having minimal pain, I have four incisions. I am able to go about my daily chores if moving slowly. I get up frequently but it hurts to sit straight up for long periods. I can not lay on my side because its not comfortable. I am hoping that this al passes and I am able to produce a BM so as to not become distended. After reading all this I am contemplating taking a mild laxative I just hate to put any undue stress on my innards.

Take the laxative! Be up and moving as much as possible. You can drink the lemon lime flavor stuff they give before a colonoscopy if you start feeling really bad. Try not to take pain meds, they make the problem worse. Hope you feel better!

It was probably a ct scan

I am not a physician. So my comment is based upon reading of others experience. You probably need a CT scan. Others have had problems and stated that their problem as found only after a CT scan.

I feel the same way. My family & friends think I'm crazy, but my back and chest hurt like someone is beating the hell outta me. I bloat, burp, pass gas and still hurt. WTH?

Hi I feel for you, because everything you just mentioned, I had my surgery on 9/10/13 and I am going through the exact same thing. The only thing is I haven't had a bowel movement in 5 days. I AM ALSO LOOKING FOR ANSWERS CAUSE IT'S GOING ON A WEEK AND I FEEL AWFUL.

Go to the doctor

I walked around in pain for 4 days to get the gasses out of my system. one year later i wish i had gall stones compared to the after effects of surgery. Every person has there own recovery .

I had my gallbladder removed 5 yrs ago, had lots of complications, nicked intestions, 2 major infections, wound vac for 2 months, and additional surgury to fix intestional damage, I have had constant pain in my upper stomach and my lower left groin area, bloating, and knot in the area where the gallblaer was removed, been hospitalized every 3 to 6 months for pain, nausa.  Just wondering if anyone else have had these problems, and if so, any suggestions as to whats the problem.

Could be a ileus especially if she is not having bowel movements

I have read and read post after post, and read some more! I feel like there is some sort of scam going on. Unbelievable and beyond, and Forget anybody telling me there is nothing wrong. 2 weeks after gallbadder surgery i am in the ER with the same attack. OMG is not enough to describe REALLY. To hell with it, I have no gallbladde,r I want It back or somebody is going to pay.

I just had a Hid a scan done and it was nothing. it was not painful at all. Now in 2 weeks I'm getting my gallbladder out. Any suggestions?

I have had my Gaul bladder out weekago imI'm bleeding in my urine also I get the runs evert day I feel horrible and week and in pain all the time