My dad just had it over the weekend didnt feel any pain after the surgery and was demanding food the next day it all depends on the Dr that does the surgery, some Drs dont care sad to say but true. my mother had hers removed and so did my sister they on the other hand had a little bit of gas bubbles but they went away a couple days after the surgery. 

I went through exactly what u did. 2 days after having my gallbladder remove. I started having excruciating pain. In my upper epigastric area. When the pain started my body would shake and I could barely breath or call for help. I truly thought I was dieing. My sister stopped by and called the squad immediately.
Once I get to the ER they started with all the tests. The radiologist and the ER doc said it was either a bile leak or internal bleeding and they admitted me. The next morning I found that my surgeon cancelled the HIDA scan because he thinks I'm constipated. I disagree but I work at this hospital so I'm trying to be a good patient.
I drank the stuff they give you before a colonoscopy. Doc comes back next morning and is disappointed that my pain level is still an 8 while on Dilaudid. He said to me "I think you should of had a larger bowel movement" and he then said "The Dr of radiology and I are really bucking heads on this. He says it's a bile leak but, I think you are constipated. He then orders me to drink a 1/2 gallon of this stuff so he can get the big bowel movement he wants. Needless to say I spent the entire night in the bathroom.

Now we are on day 3 the nurse comes in and says we are taking you of the IV and giving you Colace( more stool softener) and maybe you can go home. My body turned that pain into RAGE "I said NO you are not doing anything I want another surgeon now" she said ok and my surgeon was there in minutes. He now wants to have the tests done the ER docs ordered 3 days ago.

He read my test and had me in emergency surgery because my abdomen was full of bile. He irrigated my organs and put 2 drains in me. The next morning to my surprise a squad was there to take me STAT for an emergency surgery at a larger hospital
They repaired the leak because my surgeon missed a spot and didn't get it cauterized. He also made an incision in the opening of my small intestine to insert a stent from my comon bile duct to my small intestine.

This has been a night mare because I should have missed 2 weeks work but, the stent and the drain won't be taken out for 6 weeks! And they can't even do it at my hospital I have to travel back to the big hospital to have it removed.
All is I can say is if I wouldn't have stood up for myself on day 3 I would been sent home. I know it would have turned septic and I could have died. All because a doctor wouldn't listen to me when I said I only ate 1 day I'm not constipated. I feel he was more focussed on making sure "he wasn't at fault"...........cover his ass while I lay and suffer. Now that is doctor that cares? Always speak up because you take care of you!!!!

The procedure is a called a hida scan they iv meds that shows how your bile is being distributed and can also show if you have dilated Ducts ive had 2 of those before. They removed. My gallbladder. I had my surgery. Almost. A week ago and was in the. Most pain ive ever been in after wards and ive had two children i was feeling alot better after the gas pain. Subsided but now i am experiencing alot of pain and fevers also have been vomiting. I dont have my 2 week followup. With the surgeon for another. 10 days but i know something. Isnt right with my body i can feel it and after feeling better and now worse i don't know what to do because they love to tell me it's just gas pains and its frustrating. also. I have 5 incisions. All. Over my stomach when i was told itd be 3 small holes not 5 ranging from inch to two inches. Sorry for the venting lol im just so frustrated and dont want to hear gas pains again when i know there is more to it i was supposed to have the mrcp first because. Of blocked ducts and. Never had it. If anyone can help me with advice it would. Be greatly appreciated thank you also sorry for the typos im writing from my phone and its deciding when to end and start new sentences. My prayers. Go out to everyone who is going through problems and pain and prayers to their family's as well thanks again. Hope to hear something back soon.

The same thing happened to me and they put a tube to leak out the bile for three weeks now I got it removed but I'm so scared the pain is going to come back

I went through similar symptoms, just have to ride it through you will start feeling better.
Take it easy when you begin to eat. I am still experiencing chills and sweating and poor digestion but again I also had a pancreatic attack prior to the surgery.

My gallbladder was dead and so was my husband and brother in law and believe it or not my daughter in laws mother but NONE of us has had any problems after surgery--no surgery to remove it just three small hole like incisions. Your situation has got to be something else so insist on an MRI as soon as possible. There sh be no bubble at all!

It's called a hida scan

I totally agree think twice before getting this surgery done. Yes some people are lucky and have no problems. The people who do have problems the surgery doesn't seem worth it. I'm on 23 days post op and my insides are so uncomfortable and eating is hard. My back aches from compensating. So painful. Would rather the occasional attacks before surgery

Are you fu*#ing?

This is me ! Almost exactly same . 6 years ago I had the gall bladder and stones removed followed by pneumonia. I always felt there is a permanent weakness in this area of my body. Slowly I gained weight. This year I am suffering with inflamed stomach ( had Endoscopy) so far no meds have worked ( seen 3 Drs). And now I am suffer with the shortness of breath after shopping or putting out rubbish. I am sweating regular. I am female and 47- all this by the way is getting me down especially as no real answers.

Get to a hospital donot leave , you need to see a surgeon the head of the department

I had the same kind of pain and vomiting. Went into delirium for a week. I am. Home , but not myself. I also have syrupy Silvia and water and food taste like soap

Medical field had gone this far! You should be doooo Thankful!

I just went through this- had my gall bladder removed on Friday, by Sunday, in extreme pain.
Went back to my surgeon- another HIDA scan done that showed a bile leak- my upper abdominal cavity was filling with bile which caused the pain & fever.
I was hospitalized for pain control & the next day had a Gastroenterologist place a stent in the bile duct via an endoscopic procedure.
Went home this afternoon& feeling much better.
Stent has to be removed in about a month.

I Know the Dr. Told me we have to blow up your abdomen like a balloon so we can see good and that causes a great deal of pain but slowly subsides!