I don't have bowl movements freqently lice once or twicw a week but when I get my period I always always get an upset stomach is that normal?

Hi! I have the same problem. Try some of the following, and see if any changes you make help with your symptoms. Regular cardiovascular exercise helps your circulation and promotes bowel regularity. Make an extra effort to get a workout in as your period approaches. Increase your water intake. Increase intake of fiber. Watch (and moderate) your intake of sugar. Watch consumption of alcohol and caffeine. Be aware of where you are in your cycle to help with making good food choices. If you have a history of recurring bowel problems, talk to your doctor about other possible causes. If these other approaches don't improve your comfort, talk to your doctor about using a gentle laxative to prevent constipation. I hope this helps.