same thing happened to me and my mom said put garlic on it....lets see if it works

My upper left eyelid is sowllen for more thern six months. Over the six months i saw all kind of doctors from eye specials skin specials and all king of lab test, none of them could tell me what is goning on with me. I still have it.

Alright, I have this bump on my eyelid and when stretch the corner of my eyelid i can actually see it. I lifted it up and found a red bump underneath it. I have already had a sty a long time ago and I know its not that, but I got it on Valentines day of this year and i think it happened because I had cried. And then a couple of days ago my boyfriend accidentally flung his hand back when i was getting off the couch and smacked it. It hurt soooo bad so i went to the bathroom and it was all red but thought the bump had gone away. So the next day i woke up and my eyelid is still swollen but i think the bump has spread, it could also be because it might be bruised from the smack. I don't have health insurance and its really starting to bug me. if there is anything you could tell me for like home remedies that would be awesome. Because I have tried the warm compress and it didn't do anything but make it bigger.so if there is anything you could tell me, that would be awesome.

PEOPLE PEOPLE PLEASE!!!!! This is a condition I have been having for the last 4 years, and have never gotten relief until I researched it holistically, NOT western med stlyle, and it is a problem for chinese medicine!!! Not these clueless poor fools you are seeing!!! It is a liver problem, heat in the liver with qi (pronounced chee) moving up and creating heat and swelling in the eyes. also, dampness in the spleen. Sorry girls but you're going to have to lay off those alcoholic drinks, your liver is telling you to pleeeeeeease nurture it!!!

Here is the chinese herbs i recieved with total recovery the next day:

The prescription was Tao Ren 9g, Hong Hua 9g, Chi Shao 6g, Ze Lan 6g, Dang Gui 9g, Bai Zhu 12g, Cang Zhu 3g, Dang Shen 15g, Gan Cao 3g, Huang Qin 9g, Zhi Zi 6g, Qing Pi 3g, Yan Hu Suo 6g, Xiang Fu 6g

Discussion of Formula
Blood moving herbs: Tao Ren moistens the intestines. Hong Hua relieves rashes. Chi Shao clears heat and cools the blood, and clears Liver fire from the eyes (although this was not the pattern responsible for the eye problem, it does demonstrate that the herb has an affinity for the eyes, so I expected it to be something of a medicine horse. Plus, there was some heat from the blood stagnation which it would clear.) Ze Lan unblocks the menses (the etiology of eye problem was blood stagnation from incomplete menstruation). Dang Gui can tonify and move the blood (she has a history of blood deficiency too), and moistens the intestines. Yan Hu Suo relieves pain and is specific for menstrual problems.
Blood tonifying herbs: Ye Jiao Teng was used to nourish the blood, calm the shen, and it also relieves rashes. (see Dang Gui above)
Spleen tonifying herbs: Bai Zhu, Dang Shen, and Cang Zhu tonify the Spleen and dry dampness (I wanted to protect the Spleen, plus Cang Zhu treats night-blindness and so was also used as a medicine horse).
Heat clearing herbs: Huang Qin clears heat from the upper jiao and Liver and descends Liver yang (can clear the excess yang from the Liver, including the eyes) [In retrospect, Mu Dan Pi might have been better than Huang Qin]. Zhi Zi clears heat from all 3 jiaos, cools the blood, and treats hot and blood stagnation rashes.
Qi moving herbs: Xiang Fu moves the Liver qi, regulates menstruation, and relieves pain.

Good luck and try what humans have been using for THOUSANDS of years, if not since the begenning of our existence!!! ummm...h, lets see...NATURAL things that grow on EARTH, not whatever these drug companies are paying these doctors to give you! Please get a clue.

if you noticed swelling on the eyelid/s.. please make sure you start the hot compresses immediately.. you do not want to have to go through the surgery.

Im a Female and im only 16 years old.
well my eyelids are swollen and well it doesnt hurt and it seems like if i havent slept but the
thing is that on monday i stayed home all day and i rested i woke up at 7am then i went back
to sleep and woke up at 11 then i stayed in bed resting but with this massive headache and ive
have noticed that my eyelids were abit swollen but i didnt pay much attention to it until today my
eyelids were like wow...my mother told me that it looks like if ive gotten hit in the eye...if any
answers please let me knw

well im 15 years old . and on wednesday and my eye was fine with in 5 or 10 minutes that i was at school my left i lid became swollen . i went to the school nurse and she callled my momand told her it was fine and sent me back to class. today npw friday , its gotten worse and WORSE ! and it hurts when i blink . on the outside corner of my eye . i dont use eye make so its not that , i havent gotten anythign in my eye, but i do sleep with the air conditioner . could that be it . but i slept with it off last 2 nights and it hasnt been getting better . please can anyone tell me what to do ? or whatt is wrong with my eye ? :-(

Hey, I have the same problem but I don't know why it was caused, you see I have a swollen eyelid and I am so worried after reading what you just said because I'm only 12 years old and my eyelid hurts a bit when I blink my eye. If I close my eyes really hard to take a shower so the soap doesn't get in, it will hurt like a black eye. On the first day nothing happend but I felt pain, the second was the same, but when I woke up on the third day, and my eye was swollen but I didn't think it would effect the way I looked, I thought I was just imagining things. When I went to school on the fourth day, I was in french class and my classmates told me that my eye was swollen and I went home and checked in a mirror because I didn't want to use the school mirror. It freaked me out to know I looked like one of my eyes was smaller then the other and it looked like I had a really big eyelid.

What should I do?

OMG its happening to me today. It happed once before. The last time i rubbed my eye with dirty hands and it swell up in the morning. Its the same reason its happening to me today!. Some dust fell into by eye, so i started to rub it to get it out. Today in the morning "BAM" there is it. Swollen up like a b***h! Regret rubbing it now. LoL. Last time doc gave me some stuff to put on it and some drugs. Gonna go see him in few mins.

Yeah i also faced the same difficulty and the GP suggest me the same medicine, but symptoms are getting worst and worst day by day. Then I read in herbal treatment for this type of symptoms.

I have taken one pepper crush it while mixing it with water and make a paste like form. Then I have applied to the infected upper eyelids.

I truly telling you that it will pain after you apply, Try to keep the paste as much you can bare and then just wash it with cold water. Then put cold wet cloth on your eyes until the pain goes. Then take rest and clean your eyes after some time.

You will find a significant change in the status of your eyes now. Slowly after one day all symptoms will disappear.

For me it really works, just try by yourself..........

for the past 2 days my eye gets itchy and when i itch it it turns red and my eyelid puffs up fairly bad and i have no clue why

ok im 13 and i woke up this morning and my eye just started to sting a bit so i went to the bathroom and it was watering alot so after 3 mins its stopped stinging and its swollen at the eyelid and yea it kinda makes me look crazy and i have to go to school now...

Hi Austin

My wife has the exact same sympthoms. What did the doctors say?

Thanks

I am a 17 year old female, I have had a Stye before and the past 2-3 days my eyelid has been swollen.
Today it wasn't extremely noticeable, however the swelling for some reason seems to be worse at night then in the day.

I have checked for Styes, eyelashes, etc... and honestly I see(no pun intended) nothing wrong other then there IS a lump you can feel in the swelling.
Also, if this is any relivance I have a headache in my temple areas, I'm extremely tired, yet I find it almost impossible to sleep.
When I do I find it hard to get up without feeling sick or just falling asleep again.

There is no way for me for me to see my doctor before I leave town for 2 weeks.

Are their any sites other then "google" anyone knows of that I could find someway to figure out whats going on?

ps. I do not have allergies
help !! ? !