Someone, Somewhere told me one day that if you hold anything Gold like a ring to the swollen eyelid it will go away. I think they were talking about styes in particular. hope it works because I have woken up with a swollen eyelid!!!! just checking on here if there is anything else written about the symptoms and remedy : )

My eye is doing the same thing and it hurts to touch.

I had my right upper eyelid itching, and once i scratch it got swollen , i have be having this for about one week now, but not all the time, sometimes it comes itching. now the swell is spread all over upper eyelid. i have never had food allergy before but aftr reading this thred im going to do a food research and see the reaction. Going to avoid milk egg and chicken :(

Try washing with baby shampoo also. I have some upper lid swelling right now and the baby shampoo seems to help a little.

I read in an alternative medicine textbook to use eyebright tea for symptoms involving the eye.  When my eyelid was swollen from unknown causes, I boiled some water, let the eyebright tea bag cool slightly, and then applied it to the eyelid for about 5 minutes.  It cleared up the problem in a day or two.  You can also put the cooled tea in an eyewash cup & rinse the eye with it.  

The problem:
Swollen eyes every morning when I wake up…..I don’t mean puffy I mean SWOLLEN. Some days they can be slightly better some days they can be AWFUL. Swelling goes down as the day goes on sometimes the skin would be red, and begin to flak off, tiny lines started to form under my eyes from the repeated cycle of swelling. I was aging over night!!
I tried everything- ice, cucumbers, tea bags, coconut oil, putting honey IN my eyes, cutting salt out of my diet, cut sugar out of my diet, coconut oil, I went without makeup, tried steroid creams, oil pulling etc etc… nothing worked. I have suffered with this for almost a year……

The treatment:
Mario Badescu control cream. No joke, I’m not even into cosmetics but this stuff was a miracle for me. It was exactly what I had been praying for and it REALLY REALLY worked. For the first time in almost a year my eyes look normal!!! I look like myself again! I am so happy with the results that I just had to share with anyone and everyone who is suffering with this problem! Try it and pass on the good news, this stuff is phenomenal. It worked wonders for me! After using it for one day my eyes began to look better and now ( a few short days later) they are 100% back to normal, NO swelling!!

Might be a sty

I'm a 13yr old female. A while ago the bottom of my eye was swollen, and there was a bump. I went to the dr and he saidnit was like a stye and like a zit in my eye. I was prescribed eye drops and eventually it popped and oozed out slime. Now on the top of my eye, my eyelid, it's slightly swollen and hurts when I blink. I'm having trouble lifting it up to see anything. The eye drops I got before were basically a lubricant. Can I pit it in my eye now to help ? Please reply.

I have had the same thing and it happened twice. My right eyelid was so swollen It was almost shut. I saw a specialist yesterday and he said it could be a rare disease that happens to women who have had trouble getting pregnant or irregular menstrual cycles. Im not sure of the name of the disease but it sounded like he said "idio bleph syndrome". I have not been able to find anything about this online.

I've had this in the past, 2 years ago my eyelid swelled up to the point of my eye was closed from the swelling. I was put on antibiotics, sinus medication, and finally allergy medication. None of which helped. I finally applied a warm tea bag to my eye, three to four times a day and the swelling went down over 24 hours. When it returned, i just repeated the process. Hope this helps you all.

im 14 and currently going into 9th grade and had had problems with my eye since about 4th grade(9 yrs old). it started out with a stye in my right upper eyelid n i had done warm compresses and it worked, then i had got 1 on my bottom lid twice and and got both surgically removed(they had used a clamp and flipped the lid open and sorta "scooped" out with some special tools...ikr sound gross) and the doctor had made sorta an incision on my eyelash line and 1 eyelash now looks like i have it stuck in my eye...wierd but now idk but i haved had any problems with that eye since...but my left eye gets a little swollen sometimes(no pain no redness no anything, just a bit bigger upper lid than other eye..but for me it turned out i had a problem where my eyes over produce some oils(every ones eyes produce these but mine dont drain like it should) i guess and it clogs those little itsy holes u have on your lash line and sometimes caused crusty stuff, thats why everyday i wash my eyes..no need to spend much on the eye lid cleaners, all u need is a wash cloth and baby shampoo, so i do this in the shower as a part of my daily rutien(idk spelling?) and put a little shampoo at a corner of the cloth(btw the cloth i use is like the ones you use to wash a baby's body) and i scrub my upper/bottom lids on both eyes and the lash line and cornersand wash with warm water, or another way, if not in shower, get a small bowl add some water and a drop of the baby shampoo and mix it then do the same as other procedure. asside from that my mom also put this one cream(cant think of name but similar to vasaline) and it sorta has a minty smell and when put on eye lid it made my eye water which helped to drain any oils from eyes. i had also had a white dot on the iris(colored part) of my eye and i got it checkd by a doctor and turned out that it couldve gotten bigger it wouldve covered it so much id wouldnt be able to see:/ so i recommend if u can to see a specialist. i have used so many medications(maybe around 10...no lie) and a few are similar, for ex. i had a cream i applied at night to my eyelid and eyedrops that were similar. my advice is if its a windy day try blocking eyes with sunglasses or something cuz if your eyes are sensitive like mine any particles of dirt or anything can clog one of the pores on your lash line and cause these bumps(your pores are sorta like a sock) but whatever you do dont ever touch your eye with your hands. dont touch the bump or even when your eye is fine because you have bacteria on your hands and sometimes the rubbing causes these bumps, if you need to, then try using the inside of your shirt or a tissue:) and i know how painful it could be when you wake up with these things or an extremely crusty eye, how embarrassing it is to walk around school with a huge bump and sometimes a bloodshot eye. i remember some actually not hurting(but of course some did) and also having to walk around with huge special sunglasses to protect my eyes from sun rays, or even a white cloth patch with a cotton ball inside(because a specialist i saw checked out my eye and i had a red bump on the inside wall of my upper lid and he had numbed it and removed it right then and there) i really hoped this helped and IF YOU HAVE THIS SAME CONDITION YOU CAN LOSE SIGHT IN YOUR EYE IF NOT TREATED...

It could possibly be a sty (stye). You could just go to the store and get some medicine for it. I would perfer to get sty eye reliever and give it a couple of days or weeks to heal. That's what happened to me, and it worked. 

24 yo female having the same issue.

It hurts! I can't help but rub it then it stings super bad! FML hot towels sooth it but don't help

It was a chalizion.even i got this problem of upper lid swollen & soon after it went after the suggestion which gave by the eye doctor.Probably, the formation of oil glands will make this kind of swollen particles. the better way to do is home treatment of warm process.Get solution of antibiotic small bottle like structure with holding of some solution in it which is issued by eye doctor.Just drop that solution filled bottle into the warm water contained bowl. .leave it for 5 minutes & take out that with a help of handkerchief in your hand.Hold that warm helding bottle with kerchief.cover that solution bottle with kerchief & keep it on your eyelida (swollen Part) & hold it for half an hour.repeat this process for two times a day. .By the couples of weeks. .you can see that reduction of swollen part & good appearance of your eye.Be healthy. .

I have had the same problem I'm a 15 year old guy and I have had a sore throat and a bad cough so when the sore throat went away I was laying in bed when all of a sudden my eye lid was sore than like a half hour later it started to swell than now it visible swell its not super bad but it's really noticeable and I'm just wonder how do I get ride of this