Hey friends. I need your help as soon as possible! This dog that I have found a few days ago is still with me. It looks like that no one wants to find him :/

And it is hard for me to struggle with him since I have a cat. My cat doesn’t like this adorable puppy. This is just one of the problems.

The other problem is because I don’t know how to deal with him, I don’t know that much about dogs.

Yesterday, he got diarrhea. His poop is black, smelly and ugly. My whole house stinks :/ I want to give some med to him to stop this, but my vet told me that I should wait before I do this. He is out of the town, he will be here tomorrow.

Can you tell me how to feed a dog with diarrhea?

Please, let me know.

Hello. Here is what you need to do. I have dog for my whole life and I think that I have found the perfect treatment for diarrhea. In fact you should not feed him with anything but the rice and maybe a little bit of chicken meat in the first days. Do not give him water for next 48 hours. I know that this can be hard, but this is the part of treatment. I know that I told you that I am against human foods for dogs – well now I will correct my sentence. You can give your dog boiled eggs for this, but just two times.

Hey.

Don’t worry, there is a cure for this.  Here is very simple but effective plan :)

You need shredded boiled chicken, white rice and cup of war water.

Boil the chicken and cook the white rice. Take this boiled chicken and shred it. Mix chicken and rice together with half cup of water.

Use this food as a replacement for your dog’s ordinary good.

The portion that you will give to your dog depends on his size.

You can also mix mashed pumpkin without additives with two tablespoons of ordinary yoghurt.

Try this for a few days and let me know was it successful.

Hi there,

The good thing about your puppy’s diarrhea is the fact that you found him and you suddenly changed his diet so you know what the cause of it is. Since you know that it’s not caused by any disease or infection, it gets easy to treat it. All you need to do is either stop giving your dog food for the next 24 hours and provide him with fresh and clean water during this time, or give him rice soaked in a small amount of water and small pieces of chicken meat. These two treatments are mostly used and are most effective.

Good day all of you.

It is good thing that you decide to change his diet program. I am positive that this will be helpful for your dog. I will not repeat those advice that your friends told you. I am going to share my experience with all of you. Whenever my dog is having a diarrhea I am making him some meal. It contains rice, turkey and chicken boiled meat and a little bit of oats. Sometimes I put some eggs in it. You just cannot believe how this is good for your dog.

Diarrhea will disappear in three or four days.

Hey friends.

I have never heard about this mix. If this is really helpful I am positive that I will try next time when my dog gets diarrhea :)

You definitely need to avoid to give your dog water in next 24 hours.

Actually next 48 hours are crucial when you want to deal with your dog’s diarrhea.

I totally forgot to mention that I would avoid any medications that can help your dog to heal diarrhea very soon, in days or two.

Look, those meds always have side effects.

Try to heal your dog naturally. That is the best way ever.

Hi there,

789658 CA OC, I don’t think that diarrhea in this case should last more than a single day. If it happens to be 3 to 4 days as you said, then it might be something serious, which doesn’t seem to be the case here. With that said, I would always suggest not giving any food to your dog for a day rather then giving him anything. His stomach needs to rest so no food means more time to rest and heal. In case some other symptoms appeared, you should consult your vet about the group of symptoms that you noticed and ask him about the new treatment.

I think you can feed him with whatever you like.

In your case it seems to be just an ordinary diarrhea caused by the change in the diet. Having that in mind, you can continue to feed your dog with the stuff that you usually give him without worrying about it.

His stomach needs to get used to new food and what’s the better way than this? I don’t think there is a need to starve your dog or to change his diet.

You want to make him comfortable with the diet that he is on now, so what’s the point of changing it? This is all in the case that it’s just diarrhea caused by a change in the diet.