Hey. My dog has problems with his stomach currently, but I already started a topic on this site and I hope people will help me deal with it there.

In this topic I don’t want to talk about my dog particularly, I’d like to ask you about some general things regarding digestion of puppies.

I’m interested to know what causes upset stomach in puppies and how are we supposed to deal with it. I’d like to hear about some how remedies since I like that option a lot more than giving meds to my puppy.

So - causes of upset stomach and treatment options (in puppies)?

Good day there.

Firs thing what you need to do when you find out that your puppy has upset stomach you should not feed him with any kind of food for 24 hours. After this everyone who has this problem should start to feed their dogs with cooked rice and boiled chicken.

There are so many cures but this one is the best.  This meal is very easy digestible and after a couple of days every pet owner should see some improvement.

Sometimes you can try to put your puppy on special diet program that contains oatmeal and pumpkin.

Carrots are very good. Bananas as well.

Hello. My dog is already feeling better, I asked this mainly because I know that many dogs have these type of issues and I wanted to hear how different dog owners deal with it.

Do you maybe know what are the possible causes of upset stomach. Is it the food? Could it be that a dog is stressed? It makes sense cause whenever I’m stressed my stomach gets upset.

And I would really like to hear about how to deal with this at home, but by using some home remedies. I already knew that bananas are good, but I had no idea about carrots.

Hello Ruby.

I am really glad that your dog is feeling much better. Treatment options we know already.

Yes, the food can be the main reason because of upset stomach in your puppy.

Usually when your dog comes down with some problems in stomach it has to be because of the diet program.

A lot of puppies can be allergic to the food that they are eating or on the food that they are eating too fast or too much.

But stress is another issue that can cause a sensitive of your dog’s stomach.

I am sure that one of those two reasons caused this.  

Hello. When your dog has upset stomach you can heal it on two ways – with natural remedies or with medications. Upset stomach in puppies usually it is not something to be worried about but just in case you should see the vet. Let him to decide what the best for your dog is. I won’t talk about the treatments. I believe that diet caused it. You need to do some changes in his diet program. This is the only way to recognize what is wrong with your dog. Maybe he is allergic to certain groceries such as gluten.  That is not hard to find out.

Hey there.

I have a puppy and he currently has upset stomach. For three days now.

I didn’t hesitate so I took him to the vet immediately. Thanks God, there was no reason for me to be scared. My dog actually ate something bad while he was at my sister’s house. I believe that her kids were feeding him with everything.

He gave some medications and very soon my dog was feeling better. I didn’t need to change his diet program at all.

I also believe that this issues is caused by the food. I hope that this is the reason.

Hey everyone,

If you don't see any other symptoms, it's probably just a problem in the dog's diet. Since his stomach is upset, he could even have diarrhea but it's still nothing serious. It usually happens if your dog ate something bad, if he hasn't ate at all or if he ate a lot.

It can also happen if you changed his diet quickly, like, just jumped from one type of food to another. He is still a pup so his stomach needs some time to adjust.

This is best treated in a way which Carla and Nick have mentioned. Not feeding your dog for 24 hours or feeding him with only cooked rice and boiled water.

Hey guys,

I'll agree with all of you saying that it is nothing serious. It's just the way puppies are, still sensitive to everything around them, they need some time to get used to the world they're living in.

It always has to do something with the diet, I mean, it is a stomach problem, right? But it is nothing serious and it requires no treatment. It has to happen to every puppy in order for his stomach to get used to the food he's eating.

So give him a day or two, don't give him food or give him some special food and you're good to go. :)

Hey everyone, 

I'll agree with Dalmatian lover, it's just how the puppies are. You said it yourself that your puppy is already feeling better, Ruby. It's always the food.

It happens to all the puppies. I had a few dogs in my life and I currently have a six years old Chihuahua. She had trouble with her stomach when she was a pup but I already knew that was something normal to happen to a pup so I just let it be and my dog was feeling better the next day.

By the way, when I noticed this, I didn't stop feeding her, I continued doing everything I did before and it still got better by itself.