Hiya!!!

I've heard a bit about 24 hour makeup here and there, and of course... it's appealing. Who wouldn't want their makeup to last flawlessly for a really long time, hopefully regardless of how rough you're with it (take a nap, rub your eyes, cry, makeup still in place - that'd be a dream come true!!!)? K, I know that the advertising can never quite match the real thing, but I gotta know... how well does 24 hour makeup work for real?

If you've tested any makeup that makes this claim I'd really love to hear how you got on with it. Did you love it and did it live up to its promises, or is it awful and would you not recommend it to your worst enemy? 

I have the Maybelline 24 super stay foundation and I love it! This foundation is great for my oily skin, it provides great coverage (I get a good amount of pimples too depending on the time of the month) and it really does last a very long time. I have never tried whether it really lasts a full 24 hours because I remove my makeup before bed of course, but I have never had any complaints about it not lasting as long as I need it to. It applies easily and nicely and lasts through clubbing, so it basically does what I need from it. :)

This basically just refers to Maybelline's 24 hour line, right? They have a foundation, lipstick, and perhaps some other products that I am not aware of. 

If this is what y'all are talking about, I looked it up because I was curious and I noticed very mixed reviews. There are some who say the lipstick is great and more praising the foundation, but it is also rather easy to find people who say these are the worst products they ever used. 

Overall, my impression as someone who isn't intending on buying this line is this: Maybelline's 24 hour line is just another cheap, drugstore makeup line which some people will like and some will not. It will not necessarily last longer and if it does, not necessarily in a great state. 

I tried that foundation - one of my friends with the same skin tone uses it and likes it a lot. I see nothing wrong with it. I mean, it provides a nice coverage that is very even, but it's ultimately just a drugstore foundation that is decent but nothing special. The 24 hour makeup label doesn't lift it out of the crowd, turning it into something it isn't. I have to admit, and I know that it is bad, that I often sleep with my makeup on when I'm too tired to remove it and only remove it the following day. I did that with this 24 hour foundation as well, and it looked no better or more intact than any other foundation I have ever used. Maybe if you sleep sitting up in a chair, but I assume that is true for all foundations.

I was interested in the SUPER STAY 24® line from Maybelline myself. I know you have seen my thread about the lipstick. I have not bought any yet for the simple reason that the lipstick has very mixed reviews, leaning towards bad ones with the good ones possibly being posted by people who work for the company? In either case, I am not convinced that it will last longer than other lipsticks and I definitely would want the lipstick to last long properly, looking good, rather than half-baked, if you know what I am saying. If it's not going to stay on properly, I'd rather just reapply. 

Celebrity

Well, I will share that I have tried the 24 hour lipstick by Maybelline and was surprised by it! In the positive sense, that is! I was given this as a present and would not have bought it myself, but since I had it already, I did try it. To my amazement, it didn't fade and it didn't have that weird "there but not nice anymore" feature about it after a few hours, it didn't look like overkill, and it was just all round a nice product to use. It has a good consistency about it as well. 

You can apply the balm several times as you see fit, so don't think you are not supposed to retouch at all after the first application. 

It's hard to remove but oil will do it after a few tries. 

Rosie