Hiya people... Just wondering whether anyone here has tried the Kat Von D foundation (Lock-It Foundation). Gotta say I didn't really follow her when the whole Miami Ink and stuff was on telly but have since gotten into her on YouTube. I think she's a bit of a tough nut if you know what I mean, a bit of a hard personality, but also fascinating. Now I'm actually quite curious what the Kat Von D foundation is like. Is it mainly a novelty product or is it good makeup worth paying for? If it's good I'd def give it a go so if you got a review for me please add it...

I haven't tried Kat Von D's foundation and didn't even know that she had one, sorry.

I got a friend who has oily and acne prone skin who uses Kat Von D's foundation... Lock It Tattoo foundation can look really pretty. It does on my friend. I tried it myself one time though and for me, who has normal to dry skin, I found it very hard to work with as it was super hard to blend, plus when I was done it was super artificial looking, not at all like what it looks like on my friend. Basically what I am saying is Kat Von D's foundation is not for me. I didn't like using it or the way it looked. Because it looks awesome on my friend I'm gonna say it is a good foundation that works better for people with oily skin.

Hi Londongirl. I am kind of glad that you started this topic. I like YouTube as much as the next gal, I really do, and the fact that more and more people are starting their own makeup lines is not lost on me at all. I did like watching Kat Von D myself even if I'm not a tattoo fan like you. She seemed to be really good at what she did. I like to think I'm pretty good at my job too. That is why I stick to MY job rather than designing a makeup line too, you know?? I prefer buying foundations from people who have made foundations for many years, such as Estee Lauder, which I love. I get that Kat Von D's foundations are made by pros as well but why pay more for the celeb name vs the quality?

I know people have very mixed feelings about the Lock-It Tattoo foundation by Kat Von D. Some love it, others hate it. I personally suffer from melasma, so I need a full-on full coverage foundation. Estee Lauder's Double Wear was my go-to for many years, however, I decided to give Kat's foundation a chance because I had read that it was full coverage.

It makes my skin look normal. That's a great gift. I do not find it hard to work with personally. With double wear as well, lots of people really hate that, but I loved it... until Lock-It Tattoo foundation became my thing, that is.

My advice: if you want full coverage then give Kat's foundation a chance. If you dislike "the cakey" look and have otherwise flawless skin, then you may want to use a BB cream instead. :)

Thumbs up from me.

I like foundations that don't just provide full coverage but stay on. Many foundations provide full coverage but fail to stay on through all kinds of conditions. As a small restaurant owner, just starting out, I'm in and out of the kitchen, supervision what goes on there one minute, talking to customers and organizing stuff the next. I'm up on my feet all day in fluctuating temperatures and do get sweaty and tired! Kat's Lock It foundation works for me. It really does stay on all day. It also happens to provide my skin tone, which is not so easy to find.

Is it perfect? Well no. Not entirely. She also has a concealer that goes a long way toward actually making things perfect, though.

Celebrity

Just from the comments made here, people, this is a foundation I would never try in my life. It sounds heavy and like it would just about kill my skin. I have very sensitive skin that reacts to many cosmetic products, especially pore-clogging ones, by producing a nasty eczema like rash that results in sandpaper-dry skin. I've learned to live with it mostly by picking and choosing the products I use with great care, and sticking to the ones that worked for me previously. This has included developing an intuition for which products are likely to mess with my skin, and this Kat Von D foundation sounds like it meets those criteria.

Rosie

LOL, it seems like there's enough comments on this thread for me to now come in and say thanks for taking the time to reply. I think based on what's been said here so far and what I've read elsewhere I'm gonna give Kat's foundation a miss unfortunately, 'cause I'm no makeup pro and I want to rely on a product that does well even if I'm not quite sure what I'm doing, you know? It sounds like Kat Von D's foundation has a learning curve to it that ain't right for my particular personal needs. It sounds like it can be great for makeup artists though...