I agree with the post about menstrual cycles! i'm going to track this from now on!

I'm not a drinker but last night I had about 10 cocktails and this morning I woke up tired and a little hungover but by midday I started feeling like my ribs and sides were bruised. There's no visible bruising but definitely feels bruised. It's close to mid night now and now my whole upper body ie. my arms, neck, chest, ribs, stomach and back all feel bruised. What gives?

I get the exact same thing, I wish someone would give us an answer because it's very uncomfortable. There's no bruising or discoloration, just a feeling like my abdomen, neck and back are bruised. Sometimes I get this even when I don't drink alcohol, I just wake up with it about once every 3 months.

this is called alcohol neuropathy .... its caused when the nerves are affected by too much alcohol

Wow so, I'm not scared anymore lol. it must be alcoholic myopathy.. and from these replies it looks like nearly everyone gets this

I have this problem too, usually it starts to get painful on the cheeks, neck, chest and upper arms about 7pm the following day. I strongly suspect it has to do with sugar levels as I always have it worse after sugary cocktails or ciders, less so with beer or red wine, I also find it makes it worse if I have sugary snacks when I get home! I'm going to try taking a b complex vitamin before I go out next time to help with energy utilisation and am also going to try have a high protein low sugar snack like an omelette when I get home to balance my sugar levels and will let you know how I get on! My other theory is that it is dehydration related but I'm 99% sure I drink enough for this not to be the case. Obviously water helps dilute sugar as well so another method would be to have a soda water as every second drink

elwilson1996 wrote:

I too get this feeling however it usually starts with the first drink, usually about 1oz, so I throw my drink away. I drink occasionally, and I am not Asian. The feeling I get is more like a poison running through my veins usually start around the shoulder area then crawls down my arm and then the other arm then down one leg and then the other. It hurts and feels very uncomfortable. Tonight was the most recent episode and It was different this time I also had numbness and tingleing on my head forehead and down the sides of my face and I felt like vomiting. Usually goes away in about 15-30 minutes. I need to do some research I will let you all know if I come up with anything.

Quote:

please get tested for sulfite allergy and hodgkins lymphoma. Good luck i too suffer like all these ppl

I have this problem when having FRUITY drinks like Smirnoff coolers and Mike's Hard Lemonade. Have you been successful with finding out ehat this might be?

Weird. Only after drinking red wine, even just a few glasses, I get a warm and quite painful feeling in one or both arms. It seems to hurt most on the inside of the arm between my wrist and elbow. It feels like bruising and is sensitive to touch, just like others mentioned. I don't feel it with any other alcohol than red wine.

wow I finally found some answers by finding this site. I also have extreme all over body pain from head to toes, all over. it is very sore to the touch, I feel as though I've been hit by a mac truck!! this has been the effects froom drinking for me for many years...it took awhle for me to figure ou the link. I drink vodka mixed drinks mostly and on occasion a beer. However I do founf the more harsh alcohol such as vodka does make things worse and it also matters for me how much I drink and if I am drinking more than one day in a row. Now don't get me wrong I am far from an alcoholic but I do have a few drinks in a week....however it scares me greatly to know I could be causing damage to my body...I to have spoke with my doctor and others and they look @ me as though I am an alien...thank-you everyone for your info I now know I am not loosing it!!  as far as drinking alcohol I think my drinking days are over...I personally can't tolerate the pain I suffer from. Any new info on this topic please everyone help us understand whats going on.

I can have one shot of vodka and immediately after my neck and shoulders start aching soooo bad it's horrible. I drink lots of water and eat healthy. If I go out drinking for a night I'm in the bed for 24 hours with neck and shoulder pain no throwing up just body aches.

I to have the same issue this is the first time ive had this effect . im 31 ys old and drink every now and then maybe 2 drinks a week if that and most times its mixed drinks , after reading all the post on here i would have to say its a surger in the alchool , ive had 7 or 8 big malabu rum and coke drinks last night and now all this pain but it doesnt happen with other liqurs but i don know im just saying but thank you everyone for all the other replays from everyone.

I get this pain on the skin of my neck not quite sure if that's how everyone elses pain is, but I had to take steroids once and got the same pain on my skin. I always thought when I felt this pain my skin might be stretching a bit. After I drink to much I eat fatty foods and don't really move around to much so I figured I was putting just a bit of weight on a little to quickly.

This is also the first Time I have heard that others have this issue. It's usually a delayed reaction and only happens after having a couple nights in a row of drinking. Mostly painful on my face, neck chest and ribs, but can spread down to my lower back, butt, and legs. This is definitely worsening as I get older. I had the courage to ask a doctor only once and his advice was for me to stop drinking. I think he had no clue. I also think it's an autoimmune response of some kind because is also accompanied by severe all over body and face swelling, elevated heart rate, shortness of breath, stomach bloat to the point that my belly button closes to a slit, and this last time I gained 10 lbs. In a matter of 48 hours. Still looking for answers, but I think my drinking days are over. It's just not worth it.

I have the same thing...I drink heavily on a Friday night for example and then Saturday night by around 7 or 8 o clock my chest starts to hurt. Then the pain seems to creep up my neck and jawline and my upper arms and back as well. No pain at all in my legs! It is MISERABLE. I hate to drink anymore. I also noticed that it is much worse with beer and I started to drink only whiskey. Although it still happens?? I would LOVE to find some answers - but all I can find is posts like these! No one seems to have an answer.