Ditto, its very "exciting" to hear others describe the same symptoms I have and similar frustrations from not finding any explanation from Doctors or online research. I did some research on "alcoholic myopathy" as has been mentioned in other posts here. Does anyone else feel like this is not quite what we are dealing with?

Tou guys should be really careful untill you here your diagnoisis form a MD. My boyfriends mother, who has drank heanvily for quite sometime, has been confined to a nursing facility for the past 5 months without use of her legs and has also suffered memory loss. The memory loss is almost like the movie 50 forst dates. Luckily she walk 100 ft for the first time last month. Anyway this was caused by excessive alcohol use and mal nutrition. It has a name wernicke's encephalopathy.

i have this at the moment... i was wondering what can i do to make it better.... toooooo many last night!;-)

I feel most frustrated that we are all suffering the same symptoms yet no doctors seem to be able to help. In general I go to the pub once every 7 to 10 days and I know that 24 hours later my torso area will start to feel bruised (waist, back, top of arms, stomach and neck). I find it really uncomfortable and it lasts up to 24 hours. I had a blood test done and was called back for a second as apparently something to do with my kidneys was borderline (on what I do not know as they didn't tell me) but the 2nd test was ok. I'm going to go back to the doctor for another chat and feel it important that we all do to make doctors aware and hopefully find out the cause. I drink vodka and diet coke- what about anyone else and do you notice a difference in severity with certain drinks?

Curious to know everyong that experiences these symptoms, what is your blood Type? Mine is O negative, and I experience a "bruising like feeling" the next day after drinking alcohol. I have always had this. Wonder if it could be to do with blood type.

Maybe diet coke has something to do with it as well? I drink Rum and Diet coke..what does everyone else drink?

First of all I am a 22 year old male, diagnoised alcoholic and have been in and out of treatment for the past few months. But have not been able to quit drinking. For the past few weeks i have been drinking cheap vodka almost every night, drinking most of a bottle nightly.
For the past two days now i have had feelings similar to the symptoms contained in this thread, but i wouldn't say that it is a bruising feeling more like my body is sensitive in all the area's that have been mentioned above (legs, arms, chest, neck, and also back pain). For example it almost hurts me to open the refrigerator because my body is so sensitive to the cold. I wish i had a better way to explain the feeling but in my opinion i wouldn't call it a bruised feeling. And to help if there is possible confusion a bruised feeling to me would be a deeper pain the feeling i experience feels like is right under my skin. I don't know if i have a completely different problem or maybe i am interpreting the feeling differently. Any replies would be great.

i drink grey goose and seltzer, and i've also done some research on alcoholic myopathy and don't think thats the case....

I notice if I eat food that same night after drinking, I hurt even worse the next day.
Does anyone notice a difference with food?

I notice I hurt worse the next day, if I eat after drinking the same night
Does anyone else notice this with eating food the same night?

no i havent really noticed that.....everyone i ask has been telling me i might be allergic. Also when i wake up the next morning sometimes my face is swollen.

I'm the same! And also glad to have found this thread.
f, 24, caucasian

I don't think it sounds like alcoholic myopathy. And I think yours is different (m,22), when you say it's sensitive to the cold. Mine definitely feels bruised. I think it does sound like we're slightly allergic - I notice my lymph glands are very swollen today. So I guess maybe we should lay off alcohol a bit. Although it sounds like some of you have had this for years! Does it get any worse/better?

It doesn't seem to make any difference with me what I drink. Maybe food does make a difference though. I'll have to try and keep track.
The main difference is how much - the more I drink the worse it is. But also more delayed!
Such wierd symptoms to have!

I've been experiencing this my entire life. I had 4 beers last night the first in 3 months and I feel like that all over...right down the sides of my legs..does not matter what I drink I even will get this way if I drink ALOT of coffee. I think your body recognises it is a toxic fluid and trys to expel it. Someone said last night that maybe it is in the lymphnodes in your body. I guess abstinance is probably the best cure.

i've had it for years too..... and over the years its just getting worse. The more i drink the night before the more severe the pain is the next few days.

did you drink and dance? i only get like that when i go out dancing. I push my body too hard when I am not used to moving around like that. Because i am drunk i don't feel it until the next morning.
i find out i have muscles in places i didnt know they existed.
they should warn you "DON'T DRINK AND DANCE"