Continuation from previous post:

However, obviously it is not JUST the alcohol if I can still feel this way when I haven

Long story short, my goal here is to share my experiences and help other people make some connections to things they are experiencing from what I have experienced. Just by reading these threads I feel like I have been able to make a few important links myself. For one, I read something about some people experiencing frequent and easy bruising and they linked that with the post drinking bruised "feeling" (minus the actual bruise). It seems to kind of make sense that people who bruise easily are more prone to be the ones to get this post drinking bruised feeling because it is basically the same thing as getting a bruise on ur whole body minus the blood rupture. I was particularly interested to read this because frequent and easy bruising (which tends to be very excessive) is a whole other issue I have been dealing with for about the same amount of time (went to the doctor to ask about it when I was 19). Similarly, no one seemed to be able to relate and the doctor just shrugged it off as me being an "easy bruiser"....which never left me satisfied because I have never actually MET an "easy bruiser" like myself which makes me think there

I have never actually MET an "easy bruiser" like myself which makes me think there

The bruising has nothing to do with drinking but I first started noticing my easy/excessive bruising around the same time that I started experiencing the "sore skin". Ever since then I've just come to accept that I am a "super easy bruiser" and it wouldn

I get this too, it only happens with beer I notice. It feels like the next day I've been beaten, my arms are so sore and feel as if poison is running through them (like i just got a shot all over) it also is very bad in my hands this last time and gave me a glimpse into the world of those who have arthritis. I'm thinking the only answer for this problem is to avoid alcohol all together? Not the solution I'm looking for but I don't know that feeling beat to death is worth the fun of the previous night! So glad to know I'm not the only one with this problem though, I've mentioned it to other people and they look at me crazy!

Wow im shocked to see so many people have this same thing, i thought i possibly had the flu but after going out last night my ENTIRE body aches. It's sensitive to the touch and even to lay down but I have never experienced this before. How long should I expect it to last? And also I want to know the same thing, should I stop drinking or definitely slow down? Im in college and go out about 2 or 3 nights a week.

it sounds to me a bit like fibromyalgia as i have it and i get the same way the next day after been drinking all sore like a bruised feeling...

I first experienced this bruised feeling all over my body in high school after donating blood. I bruise very easily. I bleed more than a normal person would, I think. When I gave blood they referred to me as a "gusher." One time the phlebotomist told me my iron was too low to give blood at that time. And every day after work (I'm constantly walking and lifting) I get the same soreness. Also, after a night of drinking it happens. I started taking iron pills and it seems to help some. But I also think it might have something to do with my cardiovascular system. I'm starting to get varicose veins on my legs and back and I just turned 24. I'm not really sure what this could be but it might have something to do with your iron levels and your cardiovascular system.

Ahhhh yay I'm not alone in this!!! Are we all girls that are posting?? I'm thinking it may have something to do with monthly cycles and iron deficiencies. My all-over soreness is significantly increased when I drink heavily right after my cycle. Hmmmm wish a doctor would help us out here! Oh and one thing that helped it right away was a body wrap, the infared head knocked it right out of me.

it can also be an allergic reaction to alcohol

I have this issue too. Whenever I seriously drink I have extreme pain throughout my body the next day. Exactly like people have described here; my neck, chest, upper back, and abdomen are EXTREMELY sore to the touch, feels exactly like I'm bruised all over but there is no discoloration or anything. I do feel extremely bloated and swollen all over my body though. I am not an avid drinker and I rarely binge drink but when I do I always have suffer from this type of pain. I have also noticed it getting much worse and lasting much longer as I get older. I'm only 25 and I didn't start drinking until I was in college, so I was about 20/21 years old. I went to a Christmas party this weekend and drank and now (2 days later) it is still hurting extremely bad and it makes it very hard to sleep. It's good to know I'm not the only person that experiences this. Any clue what this might be?

do any of you women have recurring yeast infections? i just found out a symptom of candidiasis is alcohol intolerance and i'm curious if there is a link between my candida problem and all this "bruising" feeling i am getting lately. the more i have been reading about candida and how it ferments carbohydrates into alcohol in your body, the more i am getting convinced that my cause of this alcohol reaction is from candidiasis! seriously, people with a candida problem can test positive for alcohol in blood tests without drinking anything! my body is definately out of whack right now since i took a round of antibiotics. i just realized candida albicans is affecting my whole body (symptoms range from fibromyalgia symptoms, food allergy symptoms to depression and anxiety, a cold that doesn't go away, sometimes you won't even have vaginal yeast infection symptoms, because this affects men as well as women) and i'm going to have to avoid alcohol, sugars, breads, etc and take lots of supplements to get rid of this problem. i'm curious if this condition is causing my sudden sensitivity to alcohol (the next day "bruises" i have only started getting recently). anyway, it will be a few weeks til i will be able to drink again, but i am anxious to see if there's a connection.

I get this as well!!! mostly in the torso and areas closest to the torso. and the person that posted the answer from the doctor above was talking about flushing WHILE drinking not this bruised sensation we're describing. Its usually at least 24 hours after drinking and i've experienced it while not drinking too. i've never been able to relate it strictly to dehydration however...