I'm having the same problem too accept it feels like food coming up my mouth and then whenever i tried to cough it out, it really hurts or Gag it really really hurts:(...I've been drinking alot of water now and i have been seeing a little bit of healing and plus i'am a 16 Year Old Male with Aniexty so can that be the Problem too?...I'm really really concerned about it.

Guest wrote:

kelly wrote:

I am a 16 year old girl and when I eat food I feel it hurting my chest as it goes down. It feels stuck and hurts in my mid-chest. People tell me this is GERD, but I thought GERD was feeling a burning sensation after you eat. I don't have that. I want to know what this is. Is it my esophogus that is hurting?

Hi Kelly I am not a Doctor , I have been suffering in silence for 12 years With a compliant not to different to yours or maybe the same , when I eat it feels like i have just swallowed a mouthful of steel nuts and bolts and I can almost feel it hitting the bottom , I have Finally seen a specialist and he informs me that it might be the valve where lower pipe meets the upper pipe this valve is to stop the acids from rising up in your chest and the pain you now feel is the scar tissue , and that has been scarred by the acid which came up past the dodgie valve , the Specialist tells me it can be fixed, I'm booked in for a endo? its were they put a camera down your throat and they can see the problem , I am having this done on Saturday coming, The Doctor will then see the problem and treat it, THANK GOD for that !!!

So for anyone suffering from this , please see your doctor and demand to see a Specialist and the pipe down the throat Job to be done ,
Now I'm not sure but my Doctor refered me as a patient suffuring with Dispepsia

Regards one and all

Robert Woodrow

Robert , I was hoping to hear what you did with your GERD problem. My problem is the same when I eat. I also have pain going through middle of my chest, up to my neck and stays in my jaws for a few minutes. This happens a few times in a week before or after a meal.
Angie

Look up hiatus hernia I think I have this too and have similar symptoms

I am having the same problem and it is from that stupid medicine and it has to go away bc I haven't eaten anything in three days somebody please help me

I had this problem two days ago and i just experienced even more pain a few minutes ago, i only came on for an answer but i cant seem to find out what it really is. it feels like im about to die, its so much pain and its really uncomfortable and it bothers me a lot, it usually only happens when i eat, and if this happens to me tomorrow, im going to go see the doctor.

Omg thank god, I've been taking the same medicine for just under two weeks and started panicing it's done more worse than good! I havent been drinking enough water.... thank you soooooo much, mind at rest ;-)

Either you ate food really fast and swalloed it fast. or at one point you held your breath for such a long time and it hurts bad when ever u eat something or take a deep breath

Mommy of 3

Posted 6/11/12

My 16 year old son has been complaining of chest pain when he swallows since about the middle of April.  We took him to a doctor and he said if the problem continued we should get his esophogus scoped.  He was put on Prevacid and another pill to help reduce acid in his stomach.  This has helped.  The first week of June, he was on a trip and ran out of the one pill.  He called and said it was hurting bad again.  When he returned home, we started him on the same prevacid and other pill again.  We had his scope done and the bioposied it.  The doctor told us during the scope that his esophogus looked like it had an ucler on it.  The sent the bioposy to a pathologist.  The results came back and it IS an ulcer in his esophogus, not stomach.  He has been taking doxycycline for acne.  Any of you youth that are reporting this same problem, IF YOU ARE TAKING DOXYCYCLINE I would suggest talking to your parents and doctor!!!  It has caused him a lot of pain, even into his lung area.  The Doctor said that the same nerves in the esophogus are also near the lungs and heart, so some people report problems in those areas also.  Please look into this if you are on Doxycyline!  He has been in so much pain, if we can help one other teenager, I hope this information will help!

Im 13 and i just completed my first bikathon today but when i finished my asophagus started hurting i dont know what it is

this helps so much because this started happening to me yesterday and I take the exact same medication.

Did you ever find out what was wrong or how to fix it?? I have been taking doxycycline for acne and think its what started it. Hurts bad to eat..

I have had acid reflux for years. I take nexium. The pain in my stomach had gotten worse and at times I felt like I was choking and the food was not going all the way down. I went and had a upper GI and they did a biopsy and found I had what is called Barretts esaphagus. This is cause by acid continually coming back up from the stomach and eroding the lower part of the esaphagus. I too for years thought I was having axiety attacks sometimes even heart attack symtoms. The easiest thing for you to do is go have a upper GI. Barretts is not very common and it does take a biopsy to diagnose it. so don't freak out if you go read about it until you know for sure.

I am an osteopath and I treated a number of patients with similar symptoms. Try to find a manual osteopath in your area - they should be able to help

the samething is happening to me i went to my gastro dr yesterday he said he is going to a endo and he may have to put a tube in my esohagus and stretch it out so it stops getting stuck in my throat.my mom had it done twice she said it worked for her.

I'm a 23 year old male. I had a toothe ache so I took like 4 motrin a day for 2 days. So, I'm thinking the cause for me is something like that. It kind of feels like I swallowed a dorito chip without chewing it.