Hey Kelly.I'm having the same problem and it feels like heart burn but it hurts when I eat or drink.did u find out what it was yet

Me too wade

Me too burning and constricting taking lemon juice and omega 3 oil

I know this is a late post but JIK you still haven't found an answer, try looking up Eosinophilic Esophogitis. It is a fairly new disorder from about 12 years ago and my son at the time was 12 when he was diagnosed. Sounds very similar. He had scope then biopsy and that was the diagnosis. He was told he would have it his entire life. He takes nexium and swallows puffs of a steroid inhaler instead of inhaling it. He says it can be extremely painful. Good luck and if this is what you have I hope you get help.

I'm in my sixties so when i go to docs they keep testing me for heart issues. Finally my pcp sent me for a barium swallow. I was told to go to get an endoscopy. I did today. They found no blockages but did biopsies. Waiting for results. My issues eating white rice feels as if im swallowing glass and I feel as if ribs are being crushed.

I have this and was just diagnosed with achalasia. It is serious and you need to see gastroenterologist. Need a procedure called POEM but insurance will not cover because it is considered experimental. Not sure what I am going to do but I am suffering everyday with this.

Me too! So what happened to you?

Look up EED. I also have this. It's caused by white blood cells attacking the lining of the esophogus. They do not know exactly why, but it is likely a food allergy or intolerance such as gluten or lactose.

Broooo I’m havin the same problem I got pills for my acne but now my chest hurts like sh*t you got any help?

I had my gallbladder out 2 years ago, I feel like food gets hung in esophoghoges what is wrong

When I was on doxycycline for acne his happened to me!! Even when I drank water it hurt sooo bad! I leaned that it was when I took it before bed one night without enough water, and the pill burned the lining of the esophagus. It was so painful for about a week and then it went away on its own.

I don't think you are suffering from the same condition. I have trouble as well and it does hurt but it absolutely does not feel like steel nuts and bolts. I don't suffer from gerds or have any issues with indigestion so I do not believe it is related to a scar in any way.

When I had that really intense pain swallowing anything, it turned out to be a huge ulcer in my esophogus which required surgery to remove. All the other ulcers which were all up and down my esophogus and stomach were eliminated with antibiotics. Unfortunately the first antibiotic they tried was Bactrin and I just so happened to have a 1 in 3 million chance of having an allergic reaction called Stevens-Johnson Syndrome. Big long horrible story... but the intense pain swallowing was ulcers growing in the esophogus. I sure hope this is not your case. But for me it was so bad i was shooting down alka seltzer then hammering nutritional drinks to stay alive, because the swallowing pain was causing me to never eat. I had gone from 210 pounds down to 175 before going to the emergency room .

I also been having the same problem for the last 4 days. And I also take doxycycline. So thank you for your comment. I hope it goes away.