Wow.. This thread has been enlightening. My ex (we broke up 2 months ago) casually mentioned a few times during the relationship that she was bipolar. I admit, I did a poor job of recognizing that as a valid excuse for her behavior. She's the sweetest person in the world, but would do very strange things at times and create very intricate lies. I had trouble trusting her, but I didn't know completely why (if that makes sense). Like my gut was always telling me something was just off. Since we've broke up, I've missed her like crazy, but she's long gone.. Moved out of state. However, she still texts me almost daily occasionally saying she misses me and loves me. I think I acted desperate during the initial breakup and she saw that as week. Early in our relationship, I was cool and confident. Anyway, the point of my post is I feel I could have helped her a little more if I had taken her claims of bipolar disorder more seriously. I think she was crying for help.

Syderdude you don't know what the F you are talking about. In fact your an id**t. When you are BI Polar and you are on the high side you take risks. When you are on the low side it is deep depression. A lot of people who cheat are not Bi Polar but you take risks and risky sex is one of them for some people. Gambling for others. There are all types of risks we take especially if you are not taking meds. The way you talk no one with a mental illness have sex. When you are on a high side you don't sleep much and you get angry real easy. My wife has stuck by me through the rough times. Never cheated on her but was having online relationships that were more fantasy than real. So do us a favor and post about something you actually know about

Get out while you can unless she gets help, if she dosen'tyou willgo through this kind of behavior for ever, ifyou're strong enough to stay, tell her you will go with her to he doctors appointments and makesure she is takingher meds right.

Amen you said it all!

No excuses, she needs to be on her meds properly

Yes totally . If you are in the early stages of you rrelationship it is hardly suprising. She is probably in a depression. She needs a mixture of the right sort of love and plenty of space. Give her the practical things. Bring round dinner. Help her with the house work. The love you have shown her so far will be doing her the world of good even though it might not feel like it. It is very lonely being bipolar and feeling misunderstood all the time. I have lived with this for years. Bipolar women want what all women what a kind man to understand them and take care of them. The mood swings can be unbearable some one just doing the stuff than needs doing that she is too exhausted to do is the best way you can help her as with any woman. We are just more emotional a lot of the time. What you get in return is a fascinating woman who will love you with all her heart when she can and need to rest when she can't. Just like anyone living with any health problem.

Here here I am finding a lot of these posts quite insulting. There is no one type of bipolar person the same as there is no one type of any person. We have a difficult illness and need love and understanding like anyone else. If anyone is too weak to love me warts and all they can f**k off. Loving me does take a lot of patience but I have always been told the rewards are pretty great. Not many men got songs and poems written about them and 3 course meals cooked for them on a regular basis. Yes sometimes I get the most horrible depressions and sometimes I desparately need space but when i give i really give. I dont want to be with a biggot I would take another person with a mental health problem any day /

I've had a terrible experience with a bipolar woman- just absolutely the most manipulative, self-centered type of person I have ever met. I've been dating her for 6 months and actually graduated to her calling me "boyfriend", which as I found out soon after, meant little to nothing. That's how their brain works, and they take absolutely no responsibility for their actions. Sure, the high was great, but you have to understand, those feelings only serve to deceive you into believing you have a connection and bond with this person. Think again. Bipolar people are like... nature's way of telling the human race to f off. I swear to god I can't imagine anything more destructive in this world (possibly a nuclear warhead would be kinder at least it would be quick), or anything that is more contrary to universal values such as family, trust, loyalty, companionship, etc. My advise is to not even meddle in the business of others, or if you choose to, do it with the intent to run for the exit as soon as possible. 

Not worth it man...I just witnessed one of the bipolar episodes and it was like watching a version of "The Exorcist", she was writing stuff with her left hand (she uses her right hand!) she begins to shout crazy things for no reason. I waited a couple of weeks, ask her to meet her and I told her straight up: "You have a bipolar disorder", she just left in anger. Didn't get my calls after a month or answer my chats. Crazy chicks somehow makes me crazy as well and really I'm not into that. She was a great girl believe me, marrying material and stuff. But it's just not for me, maybe somebody else can "save" her, but I'm not that person.

Im not saying it s the same but Im bipolar and the staying at home all day and not socializing doesnt necesarily mean shes not into u I will stay at home in bed for a whole week really you sound like a really sweet guy, do you like have a brother?

hey "thats how THEIR brain works" were not all bad, thats like racism, we're all individuals. what if I said all "sane ' people are haters ..even though I wouldn't say that because I'm not mean

its a year later, I am guessing your no longer with this person?

yup, sounds like she cheated and feels guilty

can I have the url of your blog?

I think a few of the people posting in this thread are/were in relationships with borderline personality disorder individuals, not bipolar. But maybe I'm biased... I am bipolar and was pretty ruined by someone with BPD.