I am a fourteen year old girl and I often feel dizzy, fatigued (Even after 12 hours of sleep), have nausea, and get headaches. My doctor suggested that maybe I was dehydrated and to drink more often but I do and that doesn't help. Then my doctor thought that maybe I was depressed because I felt tired all the time, was pretty shy, and didn't feel like doing much, so she put me on an antidepressant. It's NOT helping!!! I also have mild asthma and seasonal allergies. Sometimes I have trouble falling asleep and concentrating, so I was tested for ADD, but came back negative. Besides ADD definitely does NOT explain my other symptoms! Sometimes I have loss of appetite and get cold often. I am very tall and skinny. I've had these symptoms for most of my life, but it seems to be getting worse. Can anyone help?

adding on to my previous post: I don't think I have Chronic Fatigue Syndrome because I can excersise for hours and feel the same.

lovelexi35,

I had my symptoms all of my life also! Noone listened to me because I was "young", and young people don't have heart problems... right? I was 32 when they finally found it, and the youngest person the cardio ward at my hospital had ever had... I can't count the number of doctors that dismissed my claims.

My advice.... Get thee to a different doctor!

Sleep... I have been learning over the past year that SLEEP patterns cause more physical symptoms than you could imagine! Work on going to bed on time, and getting up on time. I've been treated for depression for over 22 years... only to discover that (at least most of) my actual problem was lack of GOOD sleep! Instead of anti-depressants, ask if your doctor can give you something to get on a regular sleep schedule. I don't mean the habit forming drugs, there are many older drugs on the market that have very few/no side effects, and are non-habit forming.

Blessings!

Hi not to worry, I have had similar experience and had the same problem vexing me for a long time. The answer is REST, yes thats what cured me. I know it might even sound stupid, how to rest right.
I couldn't sleep for more than 5 hrs every day, so then I tried some relaxation techniques like Breathing yoga, and that helped.

HI
about 10 days ago, when I woke up and tried to get outof bed, my head seemed to be light headed and I got dizzy, manage to get out of bed, but sort of staggered to the bathroom, almost like a drunk trying to walk,
It subsided for a few min. and then came back, .
I'll be feeling fine, then all of a sudden the lightness starts up and get that dizzy feeling back,
It's not stopping me from functioning, but sure feels funny, I've tested my blood sugar before breakfast I'm a 7 about 4pm its tests at between 4 & 5, and 2 hrs,. after dinner between 6 & 7. should I be worried , also I am on blood pressure pills, and my blood pressure really flutuates, anywhere from 105/60 to 160/85 at the doctors office I am always high, Its seems that my blood pressure is the lowest in the afternoon, if I eat something when I'm dizzy it seems to go away for awhile.

Hope you can help

MW

Hi, sorry kind of long but please read.
I can relate to all of you who have experienced all these strange symptoms. Light-headness, dizziness, heart palpitations, nausea, and everything else. It's been 2 years now since I've been a sufferer from the mentioned symptoms and still question as to why it happens to us and myself. I've taken all the tests I could possibly take from MRI's, CT Scans, X-rays, and blood tests with all coming normal. My doctor diagnosed me with Anxiety though I still feel that there is an underlying problem than just anxiety. I've taken Clonazepam, Zoloft and nothing worked. I'm currently on Xanax and been taking it approx. a month and a half but I have not seen any improvement. There have been times where I feel very faint, light-headed and such after merely walking and taken Xanax at that moment, but it does not work. I always told my parents (I'm 18) that what I feel is not Anxiety, it is Anxiety but it is because I feel very fatigued real quick in any situation. I can be walking, I could be at the mall, or even at my own house and get light-headed all of the sudden. I started with Orthostatic Hypotension, which is when you feel dizzy when you stand up after lying or sitting and loss of vision, but as usual it goes away after a few seconds, but in those few seconds your heart beat increases and you feel fear. But when I say fear I mean it is a normal reaction of the body as your blood pressure shifts dramatically from your brain to your legs thus feeling momentarily light-headed or dizzy. One day I stood up and it hit me, as usual I stood still until it went away but only this time my symptoms lasted longer than normally so me feeling this way longer than usual was not pleasant so I kind of freaked out (normal) so I threw myself on the couch and stayed there until it went away. After everything happened, everything went back to normal (vision, dizziness) but something remained. My head/brain felt tight, like it was stressed very much after the sudden drop of blood and since that day I constantly have this pressure in my head. From that point everytime I walk, or do any type of physical activity I get light-headed, faint, blurred vision, weakness, and extreme fatigue. This prevents me from doing anything on a daily basis. I am not afraid of being outside as an "anxious" person might feel. I can be at the mall all by myself get tired and light-headed and panic but if I sit down for some minutes I begin to feel a bit better and continue on, but my point is, Why does this happen! It's more physical related in my view. I don't understand why this happens. One day I'm fine, the next day I get this..thing which I do not know where it came from or why it came in the first place. I'm sure it's not anxiety because I'm not always thinking or predicting I will feel this way if I go to X place, it just happens. So maybe my Doctor believes it's anxiety because I will admit now that I do get nervous if I'm alone or if I'm going to some place else, but it is because I know this happens to me. I can go out but I feel this and it makes the trip uncomfortable. When I first started feeling like this I was in school and I managed to finish my 11th grade, go to Summer School, and just attend the first two weeks of my senior year because I was just punishing myself feeling like this so I had to drop out. But my point is I did go to school! even though I felt this horrible symptoms. I lived in Los Angeles and attend school at Reseda which is a 15 min. school bus drive but with all the traffic known in the 101 freeway it was about an hour. If I explain my daily schedule I'll spend 1o minutes typing so I'll pass but all I can say is that it was rough. I wish I knew the answer to all but I'm not giving up in finding an answer. My only advice to you is, whenever you feel whatever it is you feel, concentrate in knowing WHAT you FEEL, try to describe it as clear as you can. Because when you describe what you feel to a doctor with better detail, your chances of finding an answer increases. Oh and the only time I feel better is after taking a shower so who knows. If I find an answer to all this I will gladly let you all know because you do suffer living like this, but I know I'm strong and I'll get through with this. I wish you all a speedy recovery and God bless, thank you.

I'm a healthy 19 year old and I feel like this everyday. Everytime i get up i feel really dizzy like im going to faint, if i stand up for too long i start to feel sick and have to sit back down again. I get random moments where i feel like its hard to breathe. This all happens randomly. I eat healthy aswell, on no medication . I recently had a baby (3 months ago) so im thinking it could be linked?

It Sound Like You Have Panic Attacts, I Have The Same Feeling,
The Best way To Shop This Is to Try And Carm Down, Lay Down For A While, Clear Your Head, Im 17 and iv Had This problem for Mounths, Its Not Goingg To Away Till Youu Teell Yourself That It Is 8-| x

i have been feeling light headed for about a week now. i got sick with what i thought was a flu. went to the doctor and told him how i felt. i had my blood tested, it was fine. i am worried about this light headed feeling now. 2 years ago, i got up in the middle of the night because me and my brother had a fight. my heart beat raced and started to pound. i then felt very dizzy and faint. it felt like the room was closing in on me. i layed right down and after 30 seconds it went away. then a cuple months ago, i got the same feeling. after a blood test, i fellt very faint, my lips turnd white, i felt like i was dying. it took me about 2 minutes to regain back to normal. usually blood test don't affect me, but it did that day. now i have this constant feeling of being lightheaded. my hands feel weird and not there sometimes and my focus is off. sometimes it feels like i am imagining doing things, i cannot really concentrate. last night i could not sleep. i rolled around for hours, sweating and breathing deeply. now i am always anxious and have a sense of panic that i will never get better. i'm also anxious about getting anther attack (feeling like dying, collapsing, and faint.) i think i have anxiety and and i think those attacks were panic attacks. does anybody know what i should do? please help

i feel faint and dizzy "$/&

i think its all about anxity its nothing its illusion so ignore it and convince yourself that its ..not real ..its illusion :-D

im 14 and i get this sometimes

yes i have it anxiety while in walmart publix homedepot any lace with to much going on to much to look at in a glance. was also told the lights they use can highten the anxiety

hi im 32 woman,my feelings lightheadedness is random, one day i;ll feel fine then all of a sudden while walkin i'll feel weird feeling like my legs arethere and my head feeling wierd like gna faint. i have had high blood pressure on and off for a few years and now trying to find a blood pressure medication that will be best for me, ive tried atenonol that made me feel like my heart was hollow beating, and hydraclorathiazide which made me dizzy and headaches. now i havent been on any bp meds for 4 days and yest bp messured 138/85and today when i was in school all day felt fine and then after school went walmalrt and while walking all of a sudden fellt that feeling then went home and checked bp was 120/80. what the hecks going on with me. oh i stargs.ted a antibiotic septra and regularly take rantidine for stomache issues. pls help, and i have anxiety too but not as bad as used to be just only get scared when feel these feelings.

Have you read about "mal de disembakation"...?