Wow it is comforting to see others are having these symptoms.  Some of you might want to look vertigo.  That is dizziness that can include being dizzy enough to throwing up.  Motion sickness pills will relief that, but they make a person fall asleep. 

How many of you drink coffee?  Caffeine seems to trigger my symptoms.  I will begin waking in the morning a little sick and with a mild headache.  Then the vertigo will set in.  When I lay down at night, it can feel like the bed is spinning enough to throw me out.  When I stand in the morning, I have to brace against dizziness.   After the dogs morning walk, I want to go back to bed.

We can have trouble processing caffeine if we are pregnant or use birth control pills.  Neither is true for me, but after years of drinking lots of coffee with no problems, I started having trouble after having a hysterectomy.   I have been violently ill, and quite drinking coffee.  Then I start drinking it again, and get into trouble.  This time I seemed to avoid trouble by drinking plenty of water, but it did catch up to me, and I am down and scared, and glad to believe you all are experiencing the same symptoms you are still alive to talk about it. 

I looked up caffeine toxicity and learned caffeine can accumulate in our bodies.  That seems to be what is happening for me.  Or a strong Star Buck coffee can my sick sooner. 

I don't know anything for sure, but you might give up caffeine and see if that helps.  I know that is a real bummer. 

hi I get the same syptoms have you had any luck finding what are the causes, as I know how miserable it is to live with???

Hi AlishaLouise,
I know this reply is a year late however I just started experiencing the same problems. Were you ever able to overcome or get an answer to why you were feeling this way? I am also at the 3 month mark after having a baby and that is about the time these symptoms came on for me. I was diagnosed with preeclampsia towards the last couple of weeks of pregnancy and ended up having a c-section 2 weeks earlier than my due date. It took a month or so for my blood pressure to stabilize but every now in then it will increase as I have more often now been having Anxiety and Panic attacks due to this dizziness and tiredness and just not feeling "right". I check online everyday regarding these symptoms however I usually scare myself in the process considering all of these types of symptoms could mean a variety of things, including scary diseases and brain tumors even if they may be more unlikely. I have noticed throughout my research that there are many forums where, around the 3 month post partum, women are developing these issues....most of them never had a follow up as to why it was occurring. I am awaiting the results of a blood test that my Dr had me take so I wont know for sure if that will come back clean for another couple of days. I have found that keeping busy and always moving takes my mind off of the feeling, at which time I feel "normal", however while I am driving, laying down, or even sitting at my desk at work it is almost like I cant remember what that "normal" feeling is because the feeling of dizziness is so overwhelming. I am wondering if maybe it may be due to a hormonal imbalance? Please let me know if you were able to figure anything out. Any information you can share would be of great help and may even put my mind at ease!

Joe joe, I have the same problem as you. One possible explanation my doctor gave could be a small tumor on your adrenal gland. It isn't serious, but could require surgery or medication. Either way, it sounds hormonal. I just hope that they get to the bottom of it! Blessings!

It may be Anxiety. DO a search on something called " depersonalization"

It might be your teeth. DO a search for lightheaded and wisdom teeth. I found a forum of people that feel the same way and it was because of their teeth. Once they had their wisdom teeth removed they felt much better.

Have you seen a cardiologist? This could be something called PSVT, also known as tacycardia. Luckily there are treatments and ways to prevent future attacks.

I've had many if not most of the symptoms listed in most of these posts.  I had perfect health until I was in a car accident where I was hit by a negligent driver causing my head to rattle back & forth against my chest & headrest.  The two underlying causes of all these symptoms have been lack of hormones & low digestive enzymes.  I have low thyroid, testosterone, growth hormone, cortisol, amino acids and protein levels.  I am treating my low thyroid w/ Armour.  This is important as some thyroid meds only have T4 which is inactive & will do absolutely nothing for you if your body can't automatically convert your T4 to T3.  Low testosterone I treat w/ testosterone injections, but I get mine from a compounding pharmacy which is fresher & more potent than that from the shelves of most national pharmacies.  Growth hormone has helped me w/ fatigue & weakness which brings on my dizzy spells.  My amino acids & protein levels were in the near low range despite the fact that I was taking over 200 grams of protein a day which indicates that my food wasn't being digested properly.  Nearly anything I ate would cause me moderate bloating.  I added a supplement w/ digestive enzymes & probiotics & the bloating is nearly a non-issue & losing weight w/ hardly any exercise.  If one's body doesn't digest healthy food properly then how is our body supposed to heal?  With this new diet I was on I cut out nearly all carbs from my diet both good & bad ones.  Within weeks of this I started suffering mild anxiety.  I learned that we need a certain amount of carbs or else brain function suffers including anxiety or depression.  I started adding healthy carbs and added real butter & american cheese as recommended by Livingstrong.com.  When I added healthy carbs for dinner, my anxiety began to subside.  If I suffered from a headache, I'd take a sip of kool-aid & my headache went away.  Check your hormones & amino acid levels relative to the amount of protein you're taking.  We are supposed to take 1 gram of protein for every pound of weight.  If you do that & your amino acid levels are near low on your labs then something is wrong.  Women need appx 300 grams of carbs a day to function  properly while men need appx. 400 grams.  Think of protein as an upper & and carbs as a downer.  When I start getting sleepy & weak I'll consume a cup of baked chicken & start feeling better.  I eat a baked potato w/ cheese at night or another veggie & haven't had insomnia for 6 weeks now.  Seek the advice of a nutritionist, dietician, etc.  I asked my gastro about this & he sternly said he couldn't help.  Good luck!

Ok, I finally found out what my problem is ( I think) I went for an inner ear test and they came back and said I have issues with my inner ear and I am going for Vestibular therapy. SO....... I would say if you are feeling lightheaded all the time go to the ENT and talk about your inner ear with them. Hope this helps somebody out there.

i seeing more and more of these sort of symptoms dizziness, nausea, heart palpatation, brain fog , general uneasiness, tiredness , sleeplessness, and anxiety even in people that have never had in their life....what if it is linked to a newly discovered EMS electro-magnetic sensitivity. Stay away from cell phones, cell phone towers, computer , lab tops microwaves smart meters and all other wonderful digital devices and see how you feel . i beginning to believe that it is not healthy for people and their pets, animal to be around this it is making us sick

You mentioned you have a mitral valve prolapse which so do I and I had forgotten about it since it was diagnosed years ago and didn't give me too much problem. I was told if it did, to hold my breath, bear down and massage the carotids on both side of my neck and this will regulate the heart rate out of the supraventricular rhythm that the prolapsed valve may cause. Just now, I was experiencing the light headedness and did this and it instantly stopped! It only happens when I'm at rest and at the same time of day but obviously my mitral valve prolapse may be the culprit with mine.

last night i started feeling light headed and like i was going to faint, this lasted for around 2 hours so i went to the hospital, they did an ecg and checked for any pain or any other symptoms i was having and couldnt find anything, so was sent home. here it is 12 hours later and i still feel the same if not worse. i do suffer from generalized anxiety disorder for years, but i never felt like this befor

My sight goes black, and i feel as though i'm about to collapse, i am always tired throughout the day and get hungry every two or three hours. I also get nausues at the sight of some food or when i get really hungry so i cant eat, then i feel a burning sensation around the abdomen area. I also get nauseuas when too cold or i get hot or cold flashes, the room starts spinning and the lights seem to bright and every noise is too loud. I am scared, what could it be?

Look into Vitamin D Deficiency

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

I've been having all of those same problems! not for years though. About 3 weeks ago I fainted outside supposedly from heat exhaustion and has "Atypical chest pains". They ran a bunch of tests and told my my heart was normal and that it must be a side effect of fainting and my body's personal way of healing itself. But I haven't been the same since. I'm always light headed and get dizzy sometimes I can feel my heart beating irregularly or I'll get this wave of heat. It's worse when I'm outdoors in the heat or when I've been standing for a long time. If I'm sitting or lying down there seems to be no problem. But I dislike being so sedentary. Before fainting I used to run regularly and I was eating healthy and trying to lose some weight. Now I'm scared to go outside in the heat or be somewhere where I can't sit down like shopping or going for a walk. I think maybe some of it is then linked to anxiety like I'm afraid Ill faint if I go outside, but sometimes It'll happen fo no reason and my heart will beat irregularly when I'm not feeling anxious at all. It's interesting to maybe have a connection to birth control I'm on nexplanon and have had it for almost 6 months but I've had issues with irregular bleeding. so maybe theres a connection there?