Some of you are SICK who are talking about this and putting this in a sexual context as if it's fine for young boys and girls to go around fondling each other. Children get erections but until they are at an age that they are able to comprehend what it means, it is best to explain it as a normal physical reaction...needing to urinate or even sometimes just air blowing on it can cause erection on a child's penis. The world is already screwed up enough, let these kids be kids as long as they can.

Hi I have a son who is 2 years old nad he gets erections when he goes to the toilet and just through normal play, sometimes I catch him playing with himself and he is erected I think it's a normal boy thing, part of boys growing up, my sons dad isnt around and my other child is a girl so when my son got his first erection as a baby I was shocked I didnt realise they could get them that early but my mum told me its because they are running around and playing the blood is pumping faster and they are excited about the game, I do not think that children that young know what sex is or how it works, atleast I didnt when I was 6, so Im guessing his erection is a mystery to him too and maybe he is doing it on purpose for fun, maybe he thinks its fun, maybe he is at an age now where you can sit down together and chat about what it is and why it happens and it might settle down a bit then, I know that for most kids they do things more when they dont uinderstand what they are doing because they are trying to figure things out, also if your son has been exposed to sex he could be wondering what was happening and why people had done it, I dont know you so I dont know if maybe he had walked in on you and your husband or had seen something on tv,, maybe his friends had told him about it either way I think a chat with him would help, I have a 5 year old daughter and when I chat to her she is very responsive so dont under estimate the mind of a child :) X

You're right, it is very normal, boys actually get there first erections before birth. I remember when I was around 6/ 7 I got them all the time but I didn't even know why.

Oh ! please ..... Are you people  ......... ? I got a hard-on at 9 and I did something about it. It just happens. Wish I would've met people like you !

I now make love 3 times a day, but you have to have the right girl ! And I got her. She's gorgeous and she loves sex !  Get with it.

Erections are healthy and normal. I did read somewhere that the penis when erect is at it's hardest in pre-teen boys. Small wonder then that boys want to touch themselves down below. The earlier they are taught what is and what isn't appropriate behaviour the better. But erections will happen all the time and for a variety of different reasons, not just sexual awareness or thoughts. 

I understand what u are talking about. I am 17 and I have a brother that is 5 years younger than me. When we were kids ( me 11 and my brother 6), he occasionally got erections. He used to come to me (as an older brother) for advice on his body and showed me his penis once when he had an errection and I told him it's normal. And from then till he turned 10, he always wanted to be naked with me. It is normal for kids that age to have errections. There's nothing wrong with that so I wouldn't worry about it. You should tell him more about it though.

My son is 5, and when he was toilet training I became concerned because he would sit on the toilet, and play with his penis until it became erect, and then, of course, he couldn't go.  But he realized that it felt good, and he started to fiddle out of habit.  I didn't want to make him a freak (don't touch that or you'll go blind) but I could hardly let him wander around with both hands down his pants.  My family doctor gave us some good advice.  She said "treat it like nose picking.  Everyone does it, but it's private.  You do it in the bathroom, or in your room, not around other people.  Just say--honey, no one wants to watch you play with your penis."  This seems to have been a good compromise, and it should head off any pre-puberty intercourse.  However, the same doctor noted that children role play every part of adult life, and just like he wants to learn to help me cook and to drive my car, he fixates on little girls, real and imaginary (he appears to be heterosexual, for now) and wants his sister to "dress up like Skyla from Pokemon" and role-play impressing girls and bringing them flowers.  If you know your basic psychology, he's also smack in the middle of an Oedipus phase, and does not like it AT ALL when Daddy shows Mama affection in front of him.  I think it's all about listening and watching.  My daughter comes to me with every question and problem.  My son, not so much.  I have to ferret out what's new and confusing in his world.

Kids this generation are very advanced, they have internet, dvd's, satellite, blackberries and alot of ways to interact with different people from all over the world, and every conversation leads to pornography or sexual needs. Its disturbing and very wrong. This worries me alot, what will the future hold for our kids. I also strongly believe that this behavior starts at home, kids watch what we do and they are smart and very curious to know more. they ask questions i bet none of us knew about during out time. I am 33 now and i remember i never knew what sex is until i was 14 or 15. 

This confuses me alot... 

Hey, don't be worried, even though it is a possibility that your son is gay. Coming from a 15 year old boy just came out (gay) i know what its like behind bars so to speak.  If he is actually gay don't be upset or anything, he is happy the way he is, he will adopt a child to continue your family on and on for generations, even if someone is gay they can still adopt a child and have the family live on.  Also don't be disappointed in your child he didn't decide to like boys one day.  the sex is also experimentation but also chosen because he has discovered that boys are cuter than girls. if he is gay and you push the dissapointment he could grow to not trust you and also worse and take it to the next step to try to end his life because he feels that no one loves him, trust me, i have had a near death experience done by myself because i felt like my mom hated me, than my parents took me to the hospital and told me that they loved me no matter what.  ( i stabbed my self twice, once in the stomach and once in the chest, i collapsed a lung and had internal bleeding, "you came three seconds from not making it" said the doctor.)remember, your son is not bad, he is just different and he loves the way he is even if he does not trust you to keep a secret that big.

I just found out that my daughter's step sister forced her to have sex with a 7 year old boy when she was 6. My fiance doesn't believe that a 7 year old could even have an erection and have intercourse. I am very concerned now that I know what she has told me and I really need some advice, can anyone help!? By reading these comments it is obvious that a 7 year old boy can have an erection, any help would be awesome right about now. :(

just show him yours and let him explore it and he will stop untill 14

My heart aches to hear about your son. Some of these replies to your question are incredibly callous and frankly ill-advised. As a parent for the past 27 years, I beg you to seek professional help for your child. He could have well been the victim of sexual abuse from someone. He may not feel free to tell you but his actions are not normal. Something is going on. Please do not be complacent in this but do all you can to get to the reason why your son is acting out this way. Sadly, often victims become victimizers. Please get him some help.

Nothing to worry about mum your boy is as healthy as can be don't b****r around with him let the nature go his way wait until he reach the age of 12 and then you can invite him on sexual manners

do not leave them alone let them play somewhere you can monitor their play, because at that same age i started to have sex with girls i used to play with. 

None of you have mentioned that you have taught your sons the meaning of appropriate behaviour and boundaries !  You can't have kids grinding themselves on other children... thats how it goes from grinding to hands down someone's pants and them being sexually abused by your children. There is nothing wrong with an erection in children..but for gawds sake teach them what is right and wrong behaviour when they have one in the presence of other people.  Boundaries people...boundaries!