it was CO2 laser treatment that i did..when my dematologist did my first treatment i thought she did a good job cause she zapped all the spots and i souldn't see them..after the scabs fell off..my lips was very pink with scare marks thats slightly visble.all the scabs come out within 4 to 5 days. and the scare marks take 7 to 12 days to heal for me.. anyways i would start seeing the spots slowly coming back in a month or so.. but the thing is i never went back there until 6 month to a year until i notice a lot of them.. i have them on both corners and center of lips on top..anyways.my demotolo..would be perplex and used higher strength cause she new my lips heal well. after some treatment..she said your just wasting money..she said that she couldn't even notice the spots..and as what everyone else been telling me...thats when i said enough is enough..and stop going to dermatolo...and stop worrying about my lips..i did what she said and used lip mosterizer..and it seem to be working..kept my lips looking healthy and could bearly notice the spots..anyways.NOW.i've been using jojoba oil and the spots are clearly visible.i do not like how my lips look..going to use the oil until they get zapped..

when i did co2 laser treatment..the spots where not that noticeable or if not noticeable..so they where deep in the skin..so when my derm zapped the spots..i think she didn't zapped all the spots fully because they where deep in the skin..thats why they came back..now that i used jojoba oil..they are clearly visible..and i think she can zap it fully..as for the co2 treatment after i stopped..i know that one side of my corner lips..most of the spots disappeared..and never came back..as for the other corner..it was just some that disappeared and never came back..as for the middle..some never came back..conclusion...if i keep going...i think i would have no spots..but as i stated..the cost of money and the healing process was a burden..couldn't go to work with my lips all zapped..anyways..my derm always gave me bacitracin zinc ointment to use on lip after being zapped to heal..i think im just going to use jojoba oil to see what it does to my lips after treatment...and if they start to come back..im going to stop using jojoba oil right away..and just use lip moisturizer like before..cause like a side..as long as you have healhy looking lips..people well not notice it.. now its very noticable due to jojoba oil..but that well soon be taken care of.. ;-)

I think what jojoba oil does is it paves for the way for further treatment... It will make laser or chemical peeling more effective, or make it easier for you to scrape them off.. I noticed one thing though, if only use jojoba oil sparingly some of the spots (not all) will come right back... If I use the oil frequently, none of them come back... So sebum overproduction is an internal problem and unless that problem is defeated we're screwed... Jojoba oil seems to be fighting against that, so if I ever manage to get rid of these spots I'm just going to keep using jojoba oil on a frequent basis.

another thing, microdermabrasion is definitely something we should look into.. microdermabrasion is a process where the outer layer of skin is basically sanded off or sanded down to reveal newer and more vibrant skin.. it is similar to chemical peeling only much cheaper and safer.. if it works on acne scars and hyperpigmented skin, I don't see why it shouldn't help with fordyce spots..

microdermabrasion kits can be purchased online or at pharmacies without a prescription and can be performed at home without a physician.. many leading skin care companies have produced their own kits, like Neutrogena, Neostrata, L'oreal and Zenmed.. apparently Zenmed is the most effective, with Neostrata in second.

a pore refining mask (like burts bees) could help especially if you are trying to scratch or scrape the spots off, the mask will dry up on your lips and sort of stick to them, and then you can just scrape the dried mask off with a bit of force and maybe you could get some results.

I'm considering getting either Zenmed's microdermabrasion complex or NeoStrata's. NeoStrata actually has two different kits, one is purely microdermabrasion whereas the other is basically an AHA chemical peel. Both of their kits are available for purchase online (well.ca/categories/microdermabrasion-masks-peels_576.html). I don't know if there's any difference in terms of effectiveness, but I would imagine either one would help. Unfortunately these kits are in the $60 range, but if you suffer from acne scarring or hyperpigmentation (as I do), it's totally worth it because you can kill two birds with one stone. I'm going to try to get the Zenmed kit, though it sells like hotcakes and is frequently sold out and on backorder. If that doesn't work I'm getting NeoStrata's kit. I really hope one of these kits can help me.

And I tried a pore refining mask on my lips today and it actually did help a little bit. The mask stuck to my upper lip, and I peeled it off with force and a few spots came out. It probably doesn't get rid of spots by itself, it just makes the peeling/scraping easier.

anyone tried jojobo oil on their penis?

hi everyone..been doing jojoba oil for a month now..not one spot came off..just noticeable..on the good side..these buggers well be getting zapped next week... :-) paul

let us know the results paul. good luck

Ok guys , so i have a little positive update on the hot needle method. I was waiting to post about it because i wanted to wait at least 8 months to be sure that the experiment was successful and.....it was !.

So basically i destroyed 4 spots i had in the corner of my lower lips 8 months ago and they haven't returned and there are no signs of them coming back whatsoever. What i did was remove the top layer of the skin to expose the spots and then i burned the suckers with the needle. Previously i was only removing the skin over the spots or the top of the spot if you prefer and while they disappeared for a while , they kept coming back after 2-4 weeks once the skin had fully regenerated. This time however i assured myself to go deep enough to destroy the root of the bump itself and it worked. The 4 suckers are GONE baby. Now i'm not sure if that would work for all the spots since some are located deeper in the skin and others are in cluster but i'm pretty sure that it will for the single ones who are closer to the surface. Will try another test area and see how it goes before i get an appointment to get them zapped with the CO2 laser.

Remember that you need to remove the top layer of the skin to expose the spot(s) and then destroy it with the hot needle. You will see what i mean by expose once you see the whiteish spot on the red flesh that you just exposed. It hurts a little bit and you can expect the area to swell for an hour or so and it may bleed a little bit but that's no biggie. Once it's done it should form a scab that should be gone in about a week with no sign of scarring at all. Spots should be gone after that. I don't recommend doing too big of an area , just go progressively and on the spots you are sure are close to the surface. Technically it's the same principle as going under the skin with a C02 laser to burn them off , it's just a little more "homemade" and less effective but it's a start.

Now , if you don't feel safe about doing this then just don't. I take no responsability if anything bad happens. Try at your own risk

Anyway , i'm now pretty sure that CO2 laser would get rid of most of my spots if not all of them since it can goes much deeper than what i can do by removing the top layer of skin to burn the suckers. Will get an appointment soon as i am now pretty much convinced that laser will work for me.

If you have any questions just ask.

HEY HOT NEEDLE? how did you remove the top layer of the skin to expose the spots? and can you tell me exactly your methods on the hot needle? what kind of needle you use..how do you burn the needle with ..and for how long? how do you hold the needle when hot..just curious..anyways.. getting my spots zapped soon..well keep people informed...paul

i would also like to know how you removed the top layer

did anyone ever try that cuskin stuff it was mentioned in the last thread but no replys on if it worked or not.

I removed the top layer by using the hot needle as well. What i did was heat the needle with a lighter until it became red , waited about 1-2 seconds for it to cool down then applied it on the skin over the spot and gently pulled back. If done correctly you should see some skin come off exposing the bump that is underneath.

I use normal small needles , nothing specific. Just find some that match the size of the spot(s) and you should be alright.

As far as how i held the needle , well with my fingers. It can become slightly hot but nothing you can't handle.

Hope that it helps

P.S : Can't wait to hear about the results of your CO2 laser session Paul as i'm planning to get it done myself very soon.

Cheers

Isn't this a little painful? And risky? I mean you are burning your lips to remove skin and then you burn your spots. Don't you have any scars after that?
I like kobe's way with jojoba oil. He said he had a success with it and seams less painful and easier to do. Has anybody else do the hot needle thing? I'm really interesting in hearing out the results.

No it's not really painful. Of course it's not like you won't feel anything since you do burn the spot but it's certainly nothing you can't handle.

Are there any risks ? Possibly if you screw up hence the warning in my other post that you try this at your own risk but i think that it must be very hard to mess up.

And no i have no scar , no discoloration or any signs whatsoever. My lips have fully regenerated and are like before. If you afraid of scarring , i suggest you to google the pics of how the lips look like immediately after a CO2 laser surgery. Trust me , if they can heal from that they sure as hell can heal from an hot needle.

Cheers