hi everyone..i want to share my experience that seems to be working for me...now i hope you can understand what im about to write..so..here i go..there is this spot that i notice more than others in the center top lips..when im watching tv..i would feel the spot with my fingernail..so i would play with it and scratch it a bit.. with my fingernail..then for some reason i started to poke it with my fingernail..i went to the bathroom and checked my lips in the mirror..what i noticed was that there was an indentation where the spot was...and the spot basically got squashed in deeper to the skin...so afer observing my lip..i went back to my room and started to watch tv again...then as i was watching tv..i started to poke my spot again with my fingernail..how i poked it is i just put force on the spot with my fingernail and move it bit by bit until i got the whole spot..i would hold it for about 3 to 5 second..and use quit bit of force..anyways...next day..i was surprised that the spot was gone..what i noticed was a small crator where the spot was at.with no skabs..its like the spot got sucked in deeper in the skin and got eaten antibody and taken away from the blood stream... i don't know..but thats what happened..the spot vanished..the side effect i can see from what i did is basically a little bit of color change where you been poking the spot(area well be a bit darker)..and not that noticable..well come back in few days..so instead of scraching it...poke it..and poke hit hard where you feel some pain..you;ll feel the diffrence poking the spot then where there is not spots..anyways...let me know how it goes or have any questions.... paul...

update!! so far i got ride of 2 spots in top center lip.. using the pressing your fingernail method..been a week now and they seem to be gone or they must be deep within the skin..seems they are gone to me.. good riddance..last night i had the idea using a toothpick to put pressure on another spot in the center.. i used the sharp tip and put presure on the spots..DONT PRESS IT TO HARD WHERE YOUR GOING TO BLEED...you have to play around a bit before you actually hit the spot..then i used the other end of the pick where its not sharp but round and press on the spot..and guess what..today when i woke up..the spot was gone..there's a crator and red spot where the spot sould be..from my observation..the spots are either getting pushed down and staying down...or by pressing it down many times..you set off your immune system to go to the spots and they take care of it...i have no clue...but hey..this is really working for me...as i posted..i've tried everything...ONLY CO2 LASER WORKS..and that to a certain degree..and you have go do many treatments.. jajabo oil haha doesn't work period.. made my lips more worst..im going to say it again...the key to making your lips look discreet is using some type of lip balm..and keep it healthy looking...i use it everynight before i going to bed.. i never overuse it..

don't let the fordyce spots get to you!! they are not that noticable...to others..if if they are..who cares..am i right..but anyways...i hope this works for everyone...make sure you have clean fingernails or wwhatever you use..don't press to hard where your going to cut the skin..the key is pushing the spots back...hope this works for everyone... paul

Ok so i have the same problem as everyone else =( (the spots and dry lips)

i've been with this thread so a long time and tried blistex med, jojoba oil and varies other things.

Jojoba oil made the spots worse for me altough it made my lips less dry =(

The blistex med plus doesn't seem to do much other than help my lips become less dry.

I am planning to go to the doctors when i have time as the spots and dry lips have been here for 3 years now and my self esteem is hit rock bottom...

Anyways...I am going to try the some other methods people mentioned and share my results.

Can i ask what everyones' health is like? foods they eat, amount of excerise they do etc?

Because i think my lips became dry and these spots appeared when i started eatting less healthly and done less sports etc i really want to know the cause...

John Doe

hey guys

Ive had fordyce spots on my lips for about 6yrs now, its been driving me mad and is a real blow to self-confidence.

ive been using the nivea for men lipbalm for about 3wks with no effect...
The CuSkin looks a like a scam tbh & o2 lasers sounds abit too extreme.
Cant get tretinoin gel without a prescription and my doctor gave me the whole "its normal" thing. so thats a no go for me for now.

Will start using some jojoba oil tomorrow
so will let you kno how it goes (fingers crossed).

Ive had a pretty good diet and healthy lifestyle for the last 2years so i dont think its lifestyle related. Always have had dry lips and oily skin for aslong as i can remember so i believe that may be a cause... god dam sebaceous glands![/img]

hey paul ,

i have a couple questions about co2 therapy. how painful is the procedure? did it leave you in a bloody mess? where you able to eat? Did the spots comback and if they did how long b4 they come back? How long was the recovery time? i was thinking of trying this. thanks!

Just wondering if anyone else has tried Paul's method of pushing the spot in?

Paul - Have the spots you've pushed in stayed away or are they coming back?

God Fordyce is such BS. I haven't felt the same since I got it. Anyway Paul I don't think your method will work for everyone cuz either you have pinpoint fingernails or you have the type of fordyce that comes in bigger lumps. I have the hundreds of smaller flat dots in clusters. Someone please find a cure for this sh*t.

What do you mean that you haven't felt th esame since you got it? Does that mean that you have specific skin issues that affect your body through Fordyce spots? Let me know.

No, I just don't feel as outgoing or deserving, you know?

It sounds to me like you might be feeling somewhat depressed, which is pretty normal when you feel self-conscious about your appearance. Is that right? Am I touching on something there?

yes, i think most people with fordyce are feeling this way. i am :(

Update: jojoba oil.
Been using it for 2 weeks now, applying a small amount twice a day and havnt really noticed an improvement, early days i guess.
Also been using it as a moisturizer after a wash, and its pretty good! has improved my skin at least!

A.

What if you just leave your lip to dry out on it's own?

Hi you guys,

I got the same problems on my lips. I found this cure. Is there anyone try this one?

Did u try this cure?

I got the same problem and want to try the above cure. Is there anyone get better with this remedy?

***edited by moderator*** web addresses not allowed

Hey people,

I'm 23 and just recently was made aware (my little niece asked what the layer of white spots on my upper lip were. Didn't even realise before then!) of the spots and through internet research have come to the conclusiont hat it's Fordyce's Condition.

Now, before you guys shoot me down and flame me, know that I was a little freaked out at first. In fact I was very conscious of em. However, after reading through like the 24 pages of this thread, 1 guy even saying he was close to topping himself because of it, man that's just way too far. Is your self-image really that far in the gutter?

I'm not gonna be trying all these crazy topical remedies like Bojaba oil or Blistex or whatever, balls to it man. I'm not a vain person, and I think confidence has a shitload more to it than just appearance. Sure I could probably take some multivitamins as part of a healthier diet but that's as far as it goes with me.

I think if you have it, just chillout and forget about it man. Chances are most people won't spot it, and if they do so what? You say you have a benign skin condition, they say ok, and you continue on your merry way. I mean some people have serious scars and like life changing cosmetic problems, so who give's a toss if there's some spots on your lips.

I must have had it for about 2 years now and the only person to mention it to me is my little neice (little b****r, could have done without it you know, ignorance is bliss and all that).

So in summary, guys and gals, chillax, get your confidence out of the gutter, work out some more (afterall, if you're pretty stacked/fit/toned then people will be focused more on that than ur inner/upper lip) and just get on with your life.
Having to stop my life to put sh*t on my lips 4 times a day EVERY day would just be a nightmare to me.

Peace.

James