Great, and it seams to be more comforting to have on face then jojoba oil?
So the only way of getting one is by ordering it online? When you see the first benefits of it post here so we can know.

Since you said that Nivea for Men cream also worked, do you think that it's just the actual lubrication of the skin rather than the jojoba oil itself or did you try using other lubricants for the skin too? I'm curious to hear.

The powdery feeling doesn't sound very pleasant but I'd like to hear how it's going. I know it's only Thursday but I bet that youv'e seen a bit of a change. I guess since you said you're going to give a weekly update that means you're coming back on Monday, but I'd like to know if you could possibly let us know now instead? I have a brother with this problem and he wants to know. Thanks!

healthnfitnessguy wrote:

jessed83 wrote:

Before I started using the oil, I would wake up every morning with extremely dry lips. Hasn't happened since I started with jojoba oil.

I think the Nivea is just keeping my lips from drying out and keeping them from producing too much sebum. I think it's more preventive than anything. I basically carry it with me wherever I go, it'd be weird to bring my big bottle of jojoba oil with me everywhere.

I actually started using microdermabrasion cream on my lips recently, and a decent amount of spots have disappeared, but I'm not sure whether or not the cream has any effect since I'm still using jojoba oil and I'm still scratching at my lips every couple days. Or perhaps it's making the scratching more effective. Microdermabrasion is basically a process where the top layers of your skin are sanded off, without peeling. It's a bit like chemical peels I suppose, but it's much more gentle, and it takes multiple sessions to have effects.

Of course I'll keep everybody updated. My goal is to have these spots gone by the end of August, not an unrealistic goal. I started with jojoba oil in mid April, and 2 months later I'd say about 60-65% of the spots (in the section that I'm treating) are gone.

jessed83 wrote:

healthnfitnessguy wrote:

jessed83 wrote:

That's helpful to know that it's preventative so that's something I can recommend to people who actually have the issue. I think that they might actually make a small jar of jojoba cream, have you tried googling for that? It might help you if you want to try applying it during the day. Do you find that you need to apply during the day?

I would definitely recommend Nivea lip balms, the one I use (Nivea for Men), not surprisingly, has jojoba oil in it. I haven't felt the need lately to apply jojoba oil that often during day, just when I get up and before bed. Maybe if I applied it more often then more spots would be gone, but I'm patient. The rest of the time I use the lip balm which I apply it every few hours. Jojoba cream sounds promising, I'll have to look into that.

well its been one week and so far i havent noticed a difference...

Well it might seem that one week is still early to notice anything. I think in one of your previous posts you have mentioned that they say that you even might see some difference in one month.
I'm wondering how many times are you putting it on your spots a day? Just once or ... ?
Well when you see any changes post so we know that it works.

i am applying it 2-3 times a day. its a lot more comfortable to wear than jojoba oil.

Microdermabrasion is really helping. I've been doing it every second day, and I've still been applying jojoba oil about once or twice daily, and that Nivea lip balm a few times a day. I've noticed a significant improvement over the last 10 days. However, I'm not going to recommend microdermabrasion UNTIL and IF the spots go away completely, because of the high cost ($40-50). Another thing, I think upping my zinc intake has made a big difference, I've even noticed significant improvement with my psoriasis.

good luck jessed

It is a little expensive, but if it works, than it's work of buying it. It would be good to hear from both of you that you have positive experience with both products.
But jessed is it hard to combine all of these products in one day?

It seems to be working, perhaps not by itself but in concert with the other products. It sounds a bit overwhelming using 3 different products, but it's not too bad. I apply jojoba oil when I get up, and before bed. I apply the lip balm every few hours in between. And every second evening I'll rub my upper lip with the microdermabrasion cream for a couple of minutes. I've been monitoring my improvement closely, and will probably know in a week or so whether it's helping for sure.

In previous post it seemed to me far more complicated than what you have explained now. You apply jojoba oil just in the morning and evening and microdermabrasion cream every two days. And lip balm is something that is much easier to use. And when you mentioned to someone that you use three products it would be like, that much, but it isn't a big deal. The cream is a little expensive but i hope that it works.
How long do you think you need to apply all these things?

Ah, that's a shame. Did they say how long it would take? How long do you really have to wait before it starts to work? I imagine that at the one week point that there isn't going to be much difference. Keep me posted on it.