I've been continuing to use jojoba oil on my lips and also every couple days I've been scratching at them and quite a few more have come out... it's getting to a point where I could actually count my fordyce spots, before it was impossible.. I think scratching the lips is working for two reasons, first it's getting rid of the spots that are closest to the surface, and second it's allowing the jojoba oil to penetrate more deeply into the lips

the jojoba oil will bring the spots closer to the surface and wat i noticed when i scratch them is the top layer comes off with a layer of the spots. so after 1 session of scratchin at them they become lighter. then a couple days later scratch again and it becomes lighter..etc... till you've scratch it off. it helps but i still have ways to go. you have to be really patient. i was using jojoba oil for a month before i even attempted to scratch my lips

this message is for tedmosby83 or anyone who is listening to him.i believe this guy is a BS advertiser for jojoba oil because he just keeps going on and on about it .he knows where to buy the stuff, posts links to websites and keeps hyping this jojoba sh*t.nobody else has posted it works i see posts of people using it and 10 days later no improvement.one of his last posts said he is still improving and some spots fell off but at the beginning of his posts he was saying oh it works and im healed and hyping up jojoba oil.i never even heard of this jojoba sh*t before him.to you tedmosby83 if you are a advertiser you should be ashamed of yourself for making people worsen their lip problem.this sh*t is no joke people feel soo self conscious about their lips it is suicidal.

i have been using jojoba oil now for 6 weeks now.. i do believe the spots have risen and now are very noticeable.. i've tried scratching my spots a few time and did notice any change.... 1 time where the the patch i was scratching started to bleed.. now i don't know if its from a spot coming out and started to bleed..or just lip bleeding from scratching.. but i can truly say the spots are more noticeable.. and yes it seems to make you lips worst...if i didn't have an appointment to zap my spots in few days.. i would keep scratching it. just to see the outcome .but i won't... i don't want my lips getting infected or looking sick when i see my dermatologist. conclusion.. yes...jojoba oil well make the spots more noticable and make you lips look worst.. scraching its might or not make the spots come off.. i only did it few times with blood coming out..right now im still applying the oil as much as possible till my appointment..i want these buggers to be very noticeable so they can be zapped.. one more thing..in the beginning..i would put the oil all over my lips.. upper and lower part of lips..anyways.. i stopped putting it on lower part of lips cause its starting to make the lower part noticeable.. before it wasn't noticeable..so now i only put it on the top lips..cause i have most on top lips... theres always hope..if your lips look bad...just go zap it with co2 lazer.. i;ll post soon with my results... ........paul....

Well i went ahead and ordered a product from CUskin treatment. they claim it gets rid of fordyce. the total came out to $40.91. They are a company in the UK. They have a guarantee that if it does not help they will refund the money back so i was like wat the hell might as well try it. Should take about 2 weeks to get here. ill keep you guys updated

The spots appeared after college which I consider a blessing! Now Ive had them on my upper lip centered in three clusters for about 15 years. At first I freaked out and the doctor said they were normal. I went to another doctor that said the same thing.

I just ignored them for so many years now. I just got used to seeing them and didnt pay any attention to them untill now. I noticed two single spots higher up on my lip on either side of the previous ones. They are very noticable and embarrassing. My wife hasnt said anthing but I can tell she is looking at them and going "eww".

Any how, I decided to pop them. I started with the worst one and puctured it with a sharp object. Then squeezed it like a zit. White puss came out, alot of of it. I cleaned it before and after with hydrogenperoxide. It was completely gone. Then the inevitable happend, it reappeared after two days. c**p!!!
Although a little less notciable.

Then I thought to try the other spot. This time I puctured it a litte harder with a needle and then squeezed it terribly hard. Puss came out but then a little drop of clearish blood came out too. It has not come back yet. I noticed a very very small red dot like a scab? Its been a week and its not come back.

Im goin to try the first one again and squeeze it harder like the second one. I must say though that the others are more like clusters of two or three spots very small and Im afraid that pucturing may not get them all and leave a mess.

I might try blistex? or was that a scam. If I could find someone scamming on here about this health problem that we face I would make them wish they were not alive through legal torture like water boarding.
LOL

Thanks for your contributions.

I wouldn't go so far as to say that tedmosby is a "BS" advertiser. I've been using jojoba oil for over 2 months and it's helped quite a bit actually. Before I started using the oil, I would wake up every morning with extremely dry lips. Hasn't happened since I started with jojoba oil. When I started in April, I had about 100 spots on my upper lip. Fast forward to June and I have about 30 on my upper lip. I haven't been using anything other than jojoba oil and a lip balm called Nivea for Men. A lot of my spots have come off because of picking/rubbing of the lips. So jojoba oil may not cure everybody, but it does more than nothing. It pushes your spots closer to the surface, allowing them to be more easily extracted. It doesn't get rid of them, because there are no pores for the oil to escape. It does however, prevent them from returning. Over a year ago I was able to get a few spots off, but they quickly came back in a matter of days. That hasn't happened this time. In over 2 months, no spots have returned. So jojoba oil is effective at solving PART of the problem.

Good luck with the CuSkin treatment, I just hope it's not one of those treatments that you have to use on a consistent basis, because it's not cheap.

One final thing, I'm surprised nobody here has made any comments about tretinoin cream. I've heard it's the most successful affordable treatment for fordyce spots. I haven't tried it yet, it'll be my last resort if these spots aren't gone within the next few months.

Well jessed you have nice experience. But as I can see you have been persistent. I know few guy that have problem with this and usually when they try new stuff they expect result in matter of days. And this is not how this work. You have to be patient with these things.
I hope that you will be able to get rid of all your spots, and that they will not bother you any more. If you have some details about your treatment share it here.

A few things :

- To the guy above who said that he had the spots for 15 years and recently punctured/squeezed them : This won't work. Well it may for a couple of days but they will come back because all you do is pierce the skin above the bump. You don't kill the bump itself so it will refill quickly. You would see better results by heating a needle before piercing the skin and it will go deeper Yes they will come back but it should give you a good 3-4 weeks where they will be gone. You can however just re-do the whole procedure once they start to come back. It's annoying and only a temporary solution but if they really bother you then it's better than nothing. Note that this method ain"t that great for clusters. It will work but you will have a scab for about a week or so depending on the size of the area you did. There should be no scarring whatsoever. Skin on the lips is a beast.

Blistex won't work. I tried it and while it's good to keep your lips moisturized , it won't do anything or than that. It will also be addictive. By that i mean that your lips will become extremly dry once there is no blistex on it. I stopped using it for that very reason.

- To the guy who ordered the CUSkin product : A few guys on the sebaceous prominence forums have tried it and it hasn't done much. One guy said there was improvement as it made the bumps softer but it is by no mean a cure. Granted , this was on the penis and not the lips so you may have different results since the skin on the lips is not the same as the one on the penis. Please report your results

- To dark red : Tretinoin cream will reduce fordyce BUT 1) It will make your lips extremely dry , red and irritated , 2) They will come back once you stop treatment and 3) You can't use tretinoin cream forever as it's poisonous for the skin.

All in all the only permanent solution is CO2 laser or possibly BCA acid. Those are the only 2 methods who may have lasting effects. I say may because some people had no success or only partial success with CO2 but all in all it looks good.

Cheers

Despite the fact that I'm apparently a BS advertiser, jojoba oil has worked wonders for me... it's been way more effective than anything else I've tried.. yes the first month my spots became more noticeable, but that's the whole point.. the only way to get rid of them is for them to come forward.. i've stuck with the oil for almost 3 months now and the progress has been slow but steady.. there's a slight improvement every single week, and by summer's end the spots should be completely gone.. and what's more, none of the spots have come back, this speaks volumes to the claim of jojoba oil stopping sebum overproduction.. tons of people get laser surgery or TCA peels, but the spots always come back.. I wonder why? they're not conditioning their lips and sebum overproduction continues... in order to solve a problem like this, you need to get to the root of it, not the edge... to stop a tree from bearing fruit you don't take all of the fruit from it, you cut the f*****g tree down.. bad analogy but you get what I mean..

As for the Cuskin treatment, I've heard nothing but negative reviews and that it's nothing but a scam.

The permanent solution is simple: apply jojoba oil to force the spots closer to the surface, extract the spots (either by laser, microdermabrasion, chemical peeling, or scraping), and continue applying jojoba oil on a regular basis to prevent the problem from recurring. It's worked for me, and it's worked for jessed, so I don't see why it shouldn't work with anyone else.

the lazer treatment was a success.. i told the doc to focous on the middle lip cause thats the most where i feel that people notice and the one side corner.. i and i told her not to do the other corner..where there is few spots ..the reason why is i want to keep using jojoba oil on the untreated area..why? i want to find out for myself..if the oil work..so far im going on my 7th week..and i havent really notice a diffrence from 4th week..seems people are having luck scraching it..so when my lips are fully healed..im going to do that..anyways..i do give you the benefit of doubt..for now.. i well post soon.. paul

well my bottle of CUskin came in today. im gonna stop using the jojoba oil for now. they said it should take a month to notice any difference. ill keep yall updated

good luck

Well Ted you don't seem like a advertiser to mo, so I think that you don't have to be worried about that post.
And kobe have you started you CUskin today? Does it feel any different then jojoba oil?
One month is a long time, but if you can keep us updated at least weekly. Thanks.

yes i started the treatment yesterday (sunday). Its nothing like jojoba oil. Its a gel, but the weird thing is that it literally dries up as soon as you smear it on your lips. When dried it has a powdery feel, something like the texture of those blotter paper you see girls dapping their face with to remove oil. Anyways, i'll give a weekly update