i like what you had to say james..i agree with you a 100%. i know for a fact that most people do not see your fordyce spots unless they are like real..i mean really close..i've been going to work and there are lots of people i mingle with.. and not once has anyone ever told me about my lips..if some does notice...who cares...all i know is.. if you act like you have it on your lips and you feel self conscious..your just selling yourself short.. just except that you have it..and just be yourself...and your confedence well come back...don't let this put you down from finding a girlfriend or anything that you want to pursue...life short...so lets not stop worrying about these little buggers..just be yourself and things well be fine.... paul....btw..thanks for your great insight james...

Hey guys,

Do yourselves a favor and get treated for pinworms. These annoying parasites may have an association with fordyce spots. Not sure if it will cure it, but it may keep new ones from coming.

hey guys, im 22 and have had fordyce spots for a good 7 years. i just recently found out thats what i have, i always thought it was just acne? or something else..... good news that its fordyce but still not good news. just recently they became super noticeable all over my top lip and now i see some on the bottom lip as well. i have read many forums on lip acne and this entire forum. to treat lip "acne" i have switched to using flouride-free toothpaste and acne creams on my lips - nothing helped. now that i know its fordyce spots im willing to try anything - after reading this forum i see some interesting "cures" . i m going to try the vinegar treatment first, then start using Blistex and see if anything happens. i also found this product in england that is supposed to cure fordyce - let me know if anyone has tried it, it looks pricey. i will keep you all posted and let me know if you hear of any other treatments.

AMP

***edited by moderator*** web addresses not allowed

I know that some people were posting on their experiences with fordyce treatments. Can someone post an update on how they're doing? I would appreciate it. Thanks!

Jojoba update

Ive been using it for 7 weeks now. no effect. dosnt work at all :(

A.

hey all,
Well ive tried pauls fingernail method and it goes away for like 2 weeks then appears again :-( . I just pulled the trigger on tretinoin cream 0.1% made by obagi. ill update you guys on my progress

This thread is great. I just noticed these things on my upper lip and corners of my mouth and have been extremely depressed and self-conscious as a result. At this point, I wish I would've never noticed it, but now that I have, it's nice to see all of those who share my problem. I'm going to try some of these remedies. Hopefully, I'll have some success. Thanks to everybody who's contributed!!

Just wanted to say thanks to everybody sharing their information about this topic. I just discovered my top lip is completely infested with these things. Very depressing. To be honest, I wish I hadn't even noticed them in the first place, but now that I have, I'm totally insecure and embarassed. I know they're normal, but someone that sees them probably won't know that and assume I have some horrible disease! What a drag. Anyway, I plan on trying some of these remedies and will let you know of any progress or lack of. Thanks again, everybody!

The main problem is the obsession over these. You keep looking at them in the mirror while stretching your lips, and then begin to think others are looking at them when the fact is they are hardly noticeable and the large majority of people have these. 80-95% to be exact:

If you're dating a girl that is obsessive as you are and notices them, just whip out the facts. Chances are you can find some on her.

So relax. But for people who really are seeking a treatment, bichloracetic bcid seems promising so watch out for that.

kobe24 wrote:

hey all,
Well ive tried pauls fingernail method and it goes away for like 2 weeks then appears again :( . I just pulled the trigger on tretinoin cream 0.1% made by obagi. ill update you guys on my progress

Hi there, how long are you able to keep it going? I think that if it works for two weeks, then you should just keep it up--that's better than nothing, right? Thanks for the update and keep it going. I'd appreciate another one when you have a moment. Thanks!

^ the picture above is me. as you can see i have a bunch of random spots and a big patch on the upper lip. Well the tretinoin cream came in and i wanted to document the progress of my treatment if any. I will post pics every week. Stay tuned and wish me luck. 8-|

Hey Kobe, having pictures definitely helps more than anything. Let me know when you've got an answer!! Thanks :-)

nice one kobe. will be interesting to see if it works.

A.

Thanks for posting, kobe, and I hope the treatment works out for ya!