I just had my gall bladder out 11/5/13 I had a wonderful surgeon thank God it's been 2weeks now done was admitted into hospital had ultra sound that showed stones and inflammation they did a hydra scan where my gall bladder never even showed up I had surgery that night also a lap I'm lucky I did the Dr said it was gangrene and very infected I would be dead right now if it had not been removed. He placed a drain that wad removed the day I left hospital 3 days after surgery I couldn't leave till I had passed gas and stools a week later saw Dr to remove staples he informed me that pathology stated my gall bladder was dead. Never fool around with stomach pain a gallbladder can kill you I thank God every day for placing sign after sign that pushed me to finally go to er my son would of been devastated otherwise

Hi I had gallbladder removed last Friday 22.11.13 . I have had the usual pain , bruising etc , and the awful feeling of gasping for breath with pain under rib cage. I'm also hoping it's not going to last long , because anything I try to do the simplest of tasks really does take it out of you . :(

I still have the discomfort on side butt it's bearable now if I over do it at work I get stitches in my side and bending irritates the scar tissue with my job tho I don't have much choice still get tired but it is getting better after almost 4 weeks hope your pain doesn't last long

So glad I looked on here. I had my gall bladder removed four days ago and I'm feeling pretty good except for the pain in my right side when I take a deep breath, cough, burp. Happy that it's normal. I agree that the surgery is more difficult than they lead you to beleive. Also, I told my husband I was having pain in my shoulder and he acted like I was nuts.

I know what you mean. Some on here have said the attack was better than the pain now. I don't know if I agree with those statements. My attack was incredibly awful. This pain though...ranks right up there to worse pain. I too have pain in between my shoulder blades. I had my surgery two weeks ago. The pain on my right side is awful. They say six to eight weeks and it should be almost gone. I am hoping this is true. Right now feel a little helpless around the house. Went to lift the dishwashing soap for the dishwasher and needed help. Down side of shopping at Costco are the big containers of them. It was too heavy and it was hurting my side. Ugh.

Hey I had mine removed a week ago and also have to keep taking keep breaths all the time and am slightly naseaus. Of course much better than before but still wondering if this ever went away for you. I also still have swelling and think maybe that is why since it is pushing on stuff. Let me know.

Thanks,
BC

i had my gallbladder removed 5-10-14.  i too have the stabbing pains in my right rib cage area when i take deep breaths.  the pain is also in my right back.  probley normal considering we all just had an organ surgically removed.  take your pain medication like you are supposed too and it should go away.  ive talked to many other people who say that with in a month or two that your body returns to normal.  good luc

I had my gall bladder removed 6 days ago & do not regret it though I am having pain now. I no longer feel sick; the pain I have is from the trauma of the surgery itself & will go away. I am much better now than before the surgery.

My husband had his gall bladder removed yesterday and is experiencing paing when breathing.  However, I would say this is normal, after having surgery - 5 c- sections and also having my appendix removed, I can tell you  that there was pain when attempting to cough, pain when attempting to go to the toilet, it was uncomfortable sitting, standing, lying down.  It takes time to heal and until it does you will experience pain.  I have pain when breathing sometimes - really bad in my back, it is when my muscles etc are inflamed due to having a bad back.  It is scary , but I take anti inflammatories to help - maybe they would help you too

Pain that occurs during or after yawning is mostly typical for phrenic nerve irritation.

Had mine taken out today,lots of pain right under the ribs wen I breath and move

I have this pain also right now when I laugh take deep breaths or just move sometimes I had my surgery 10 days ago was fine first few days but the last 2 days pain. They also nicked and artery that wasnt to be there during. I hope this goes away soon. They definitely dont tell you how the healing process of this type prosedure.

I had mine removed last week, while it's not as bad as it first was it is getting better. But it is still ruining my sneezes!

I had my gallbladder out two days ago and have that breathing pain AND terrible epigastrum pain. I can barely drink anything let alone eat. The only thing that's helping me not go to ER the prescription for morphine the surgeon sent me home with. I'd be done without it.

take more pain killers.