I picked up this deep conditioner at my stylist's urging. I have heavily color treated hair and it's somewhat dry, in spite of the other products I use, and she thought this would really soften my hair. It does.

Price is reasonable, $13.75 for 8.5 ounces. It's super thick, and even with the longish thick hair I have, it doesn't take a whole lot to get the job done.

Description on the bottle:

Butter Treat smoothing treatment is a rich, luscious cream that provides intensive, deep smoothing to very dry/unruly hair. Redken's exclusive Interbond Conditioning System delivers a unique Ionic Smoothing Complex of macadamia oil, candelilla wax and cationic refiners for super, long-lasting conditioning, nourishment, and a smooth, frizz-free finish. Hair is treated, streamlined, manageable and shiny.

It's a deep conditioning product, so you leave it on between 5-15 minutes, but if your hair is really a wreck, you can leave it in, although I'm not sure I'd ever opt for that. Seems a bit heavy...

I've tried a lot of conditioners & deep conditioners, but this one is by far and away the best one yet. Even better than Redken's All Soft, which I really liked.