I'm having the same issue with the codes. Bcbs is saying h0020 is for Medicaid agencies only.

Here is an awesome link I found, It shows all of the reimbustment codes for BCBS. Its for suboxone but I figure they are so close that they should work. If not it gets us a bit closer to figuring out the correct code to use. 

https://www.bcbsri.com/sites/default/files/polices/Treatment_Opioid_Dependence.pdf

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** the web address in second post is not valid*** Please read our Terms of Use

You may try to get an In benefit exception from your health plan. If there are no in network providers within a certain mileage from you they will have to consider this and could possibly pay for your treatment at the in network benefits rate.

H0020 Is the procedure code for methadone dosing.

Can you please help me with info? I need to get my insurance to reimburse me for my MMT. I live in Philadelphia PA. I pay my clinic $120 a week. I have insurance through my job I have ppo

Please help with info on getting my insurance company to reimburse me for methadone maintenance at clinic in Philadelphia PA

Can you help me? I'm in the same boat. 

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

My name is Alexander. I am currently in a outpatient methadone clinic. But they are telling me that my insurance wont cover. The payments are becoming a financial burden. I dont want to loose my job. What can I do? Blue cross blue Shield just wont cover. Anyone with any information please be free to s3nd me any helpful information. Email me.

That is not the case at the one I went to. Maybe "guest" is not insulted it is only different at her clinic. js

I am in the same boat. I was told to review all forms (about 75) to find the correct form. No such luck. But I keep on searching and hope I will find the appropriate coverage. The HMO and PPO seems to muddle in conflicting directions. Please let me know of your progress as I will do the same. Good luck David C

Hello my name is Holly my finance and I are having the same problem I would love some help. He had BCBS and they will not cover him either. We are committed to getting off the methadone we are taking roughly 50 milligrams and down dosing. Please get in contact if you know something that could help us, please and thanks! Holly and Zach 

Hi. I just started the process of getting BCBS of Georgia for reimbursiment of my Suboxone fees beginning in Feb. of 2014. If one switches to Suboxone/Buprenorphine, help may be available. Mos Methadone clinics don't accept insurance (too much paper work. But you can do the paper work yourself if not al ready doing so. Call Customer service and the will send you the correct forms. This is as far I have gone. I have the Silver Plan I am hoping this will help. %50 would be great. 

I ask you all if I am wasting my time ? The drug company has a program called Here To Help. Do a google search. This is for sub. Don't know about Methadone. I

I live in South, GA and the clinic is great; very professional. If you are on liquid, meth, one can ween down by 1mg every 2-3 weeks or longer. 

Has any of you all tried this? I am curious. 

Good luck to you all.

Oh. One more thing. Though I cannot remember the contact number for rapid detox centers, Tere are low cost around $8000.00 or $1900.00+ with insurance. I'l be damned for losing this website. Good luck you all, David C

First of all a dr prescription is needed to get methadone ,it's a legal drug, the clinic makes you see a licensed nurse as you dose ,it's not like getting a coffee at dunkins , it's people like you who don't know what they are talking about that cause the discrimination that comes with methadone. A dr can prescribe methadone for back pain and it's ok but for massive entire body pain that comes from withdrawal it's not ok , it's all about the way people think of addiction, it's there fault , they have a choice ,junky scumbag. Well wrong , it's a disease and like diabetes ,if a diabetic doesn't get there insulin they get sick, do we say its a diabetics fault for eating sh*t and not exercising ,fact is a chemical is missing in the body and methadone replaces it ,just like insulin ,there are people who abuse it and mix it with other drugs to get high .but getting high on methadone may happen a if you never took a opiate but no one at the clinic is there getting high ,fact !!America's heath insurance company's are rotten and anyone that profits off the sick is evil ,capitalism at its best , we are all going to die you cant take money with you ,so why not treat each other with respect and not judge , if a drug is legal it should be covered

Thank you Kelly.I am going through the same thing.I understand what your saying about them not paying because"we show up and take the medicine".Being we dont see a "certain degreed professional EVERY visit for a certain amount of time.Thank you soooo much for your info, it was very helpful to me.My insurance doesn't cover substance abuse so im trying to use mental health codes.90837 individual counseling and h0020 medication despensing.Hope it works...God bless.

HI ive had the same problem. My claim just got denied with the code H0020. however when i looked over my paper work there was an additional code that i did not put on my claim form.which is 99212. i called bcbs and asked if that could be the issue and it most certainly was. im now re submittting with the 99212 and also asked to make sure it was covered...it is,and hopefully this time it works.