everyone i know that truly wants help, wants suboxone. It works, it may not get you high like methadone( dont try that you dont get high BS either). i was on methadone for years and mynsurance made me switch to suboxone. Im glad they did. im saving over 300 a month. those who truly want to be helped will switch or do whatever it takes, or pay for it themselves

Hi I too live in NC and my husband goes to a methadone clinic as well. We have bcbs and im having the same problems....if you have figured anything out about coverage please please contact me!!! 

PLEASE PLEASE I WOULD APPRECIATE ANY HELP!

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

This is a reply to "Hey Slick" yes they do pay for methadone . I just got a check in January 2016, and I am preparing my claim now to get my check in January of 2017.

I need help with payment of my methadone I have insurance Blue Cross and Blue Shield I just can't get them to help me I need to know if you have any advice that could help me with getting some of these costs paid for I do go to a clinic that is for profit

How did you get help?

Try to contact me via FB. I'm Steven (Zeke) Marshall. I can help you once you get in touch with me. I have been billing Blue across Blue Shield for 3 years, & they pay me, but it is a painful process, you HAVE TO STAY ON TOP OF THEM. If you just send in the claim and wait, they will never respond. I fax in my claim, then I call every 5 days to check on it. And I make copious notes of who I speak to and what they tell me, along with the time and date of when I spoke to them. It makes a difference when they know that you are for real and are not gonna simply give up if they try to give you the run around. A long time ago, I owned a body shop working on wrecked cars. I had one of the insurance adjusters tell me point blank " my company sent me to a class that they teach , and the class is on how to avoid paying claims". I'm sure that the health insurance companies have done the same thing with their claims people too. The actually get paid a bonus of a percentage of how much they save the insurance company in claims. I am a licensed insurance agent, so I know exactly what I'm talking about!!!

Contact me via FB I'm Steven (Zeke) Marshall
I'm a licensed insurance agent. I'll explain how you can get reimbursed for methadone recovery.

This is in response to ( don't try to give me that BS you don't get high)

I don't know about Suboxone, but I've been in a methadone treatment facility since 2009. And you are right, at first, you do get high when taking methadone. But after a week or so, you stop feeling the effects of it , IF YOU KEEP TAKING YOUR RECOMMENDED DOSE DAILY. You can stop taking your dose for a couple days, and it will continue to get you high. But I take mine daily , and I have no side effects, I don't get high, I just do not get sick!!!!! And for that , I am eternally greatful. And it also blocks the receptors in your brain , so if you slip, and try to get high with heroine, you will not even feel the effects of the heroine, so you are basically wasting your money on heroine. So please do not speak ill of a drug that has helped so many people including myself to have a normal life.

That is true. Bluecross and blue shield say they do cover it and I paid so far $4000.00 the last 7 months they paid me back 330.00 dollars it not worth it.

Hello my name's Chris. I have hip blue Cross blue shield and any advise would be greatly appreciated. yeah the person who made the first statement didn't know sh*t about mmt. I'm glad I found sincerity and somebody who may know something about something.

Every MMT clinic has a M.D. that prescribes you your methadone. The counsellor at the clinic does your treatment plan and are low paid and overworked people with limited educations with some trying to help most there for a check. Your field may be insurance but you obvisiouly know penis about mmt.

they are denying me also, need any help on how to get them to pay. same situation as gemani

Can u give me more information my name is Eva and i am in methadone clinic patient.. I go there for reason not to play around..

I saw an old post that you may know how to get insurance to cover methadone? If this is true any info you have would help. I have anthem BCBS if that helps thanks

I am interest in if they paid the claim. Because I am having the same issue jax fl. Thank you cfr