I too attend a methadone clinic in Knoxville TN. I am hoping to get any advice on claiming my medication cost to bcbs of TN. Please help.

If you could please give me somemore info I am in the same situation please help!!! 

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

I need help with methedone reimbursement..

I need help I have blue cross blue shield I've broke lots of bones and lot's of nerves problems please E M or call me Robert

I've always filed my methadone treatment under mental health and substance abuse I have to meet a 500$ deductible 1st. But after that they have to pay

Yes. I go to the clinic here in muscle shoals and my blue cross pays , 

I'm going to email you too. If you don't mind!

Last year it counted as major medical. If you meet your deductible, they gave me back $120 a month. I had to get on medicaid when my hubby died and it was paid for (only perk of my hubby leaving I know that sounds awful) but March 1st I'm back to wondering is bcbs gonna do the same thing
Also they will tell you no. Keep calling bcbs until someone with a heart will tell you what to do. They must get a bonus to withhold information. Also, if your councilor says they don't take it,ask a nurse, then the director. Lots of paperwork involved. Buy them a present kiss butt. That stuff isn't cheap. The catch ic bcbs will pay for 40 ml. A day a month who knows. I'm on 120. I guess that's why they didn't give me 460 back ...I tried to tell bcbs it's 16 a day if you get one MG or 300 mg. They couldn't comprehend it. They just said omg that's alot. Are you sure you take that EACH day. Funny gl

please help me aswell, i am in n.c. and have ben in treatment for over 6 yrs with no infractions,bottle recalls,urine tests,attendance...the whole how ever many point criteria for take homes. i have just recently learned of a presription reimbursement form and can only claim for the past year...is anthem bcbs good for this (the clinic is helping alot of people get paid...i just hope/wonder if bcbs is gonna pay

Keep hoping,,, bcbs wont pay,, almost NONE will pay for mmt. it is EXCLUDED, Read your policy.
Sorry but itas a cold hard fact.

My name is Philip Lewis and I am spending thousands of dollars on methadone over thepast3 years. Please help me with any recourse i may have

I am a dope addict too Phillip, I been on methadone 5 years, I have the best blue cross insurance money can buy, but my ins. yours or no one else's will pay for methadone in a clinic setting.. I dont care what those id**t dope addicts standing in that line at the clinic says. . Major medical insurance companies will not pay and the methadone clinics do not want them anyway? Would you want some ins. co, telling you that you can only charge $9 a dose, because that's all they will pay? Why would you wan to sign up with them These dope addicts like me and you will be HAPPY to pay the $15 a day for it.They have us on a chemical leash at the clinics, and we WOULD sing the star spangled banner with our finger up our buts naked if they asked us to in addition to that $15 if that's what it took to get our dose. We didnt b***h when we was out there paying the dope man $40 to $80 a pill for an oxycontin, or $7 each for a lortab that only has a 4 hour half life, then you piss that away. Now they will take Medicaid if you have that,, and only because they ave to, the state licenses the clinics so they go these clinic owners by the balls on that one, but medicaid will pay them like $12 a dose the last I heard. My hope and your hope is for Barack to earmark money specifically for methadone clinics, and the way I read it, we are almost there. When they put hydrocodone ( norco, and lortabs and all other hydrocodone on schedule II, and folks started going to heroin because they couldn't get the tablets, and they started dropping dead from the heroin, then the government and the Republican politicians took notice, and they have approved the funds it is just a matter of implementing it. See Barack's Sate of the Union address, from this year. Now dont go thinking you can go get Obama care RIGHT NOW and it will pay for it through them because it wont..AGAIN NO MAJOR insurance company is paying,, there may be ONE in Massachusetts . that will but only because the state government there shamed them into it. The more folks that drop dead from heroin overdoses, I am sad to say, they quicker they will pay for methadone clinics. Suboxone?? Who wants that No one I know,, the doctors wont take the insurance anyway, they want cash, and then the insurance companies will only pay for so may of the Suboxone anyway. I dont think 90 year old granny is going to stand in line at a methadone clinic to get methadone for her pain, so she can continue to get her grandkids to load her up ONCE a month and go to some PAIN Specialist that her medicaid wont pay for anyway. Who do we blame for all this?? Take a good look around at that methadone clinics. see all those loud mouth , skinny ass men,, fat women with no jobs.( the so called FIBROMYALGIA QUEENS ) its not a real disease,, one only claimed bty fat unemployed women who are drugs seeking. The doctor doesnt want to listen to their ass,, so he says, you have fibromyalgia, here is a lortab rx,,no go away and dont come back for 6 months, I put you refills on it. There isnt a damn thinsg wrong with thses fat women except they dont want to work and and want drugs,, and then you have the redneck types,,, those re the same ones that would load up 4 and 5 people to a car and go to a pain clinic or a doctor's office once a month, and use a little of the CASH to pay for their office visit and next months pill inventory for sale. I stand in line, or use to,m I got my take comes now,, but you know the type. BLAME THEM. blame me, blame you.. We brought all this on ourselves. Now we have to live with it. Feels a little better to b***h about it though doesn't it??

Please contact me if you see this, ive been in MMT for ten years now and have bc/bs and im having a hard time getting reimbursed and its killing us financially. Thank you so much!

There's actually people on here who've said they are on bc/bs insurance and mmt and they absolutely get reimbursed. I think it's all in the procedure and diagnosis codes.

Hey Md clinic goer......I also got to clinic in GB , Md. I have med assist, but got a great FT job with Ins. N I am worried now cause I will lose my med assist n clinic doesn't take private Insurance. They certainly don't openly tell people they can b reimbursed at my clinic, but I had a friend who was reimbursed years back in Hagerstown, so I know it exists. Are u pretty certain I'm going to b able to get a reimbursement once switched to private insurance?? Thanks so much!!