aaaahhhhh please help for ages i have been trying to squirt. my boyfriend has tryed a tone of stuff but it just wont happen he thinks its his fault but its not coz i have tryed doing it to myself ive looked online and i know that you need to be relaxed and sh*t like that but ive tryed and and its not working or really makeing sense i need like a step by step guide to how you make yourself squirt so i can get the hang of it myself first or how to squirt in bed (but not peeing). please help i think my boyfriend might leave me please no links to websites most likely already been on it and to me they dont make sense. thank you :-|

Health Guru
Hi what way have you tried to do it so far?

"Squirting" has to be one of the biggest myths to come out of the internet age. Every girl is different in terms of how much fluid is produced during sexual activity - sometimes there's enough fluid to make the entire area wet, sometimes there's only enough to make the inside of the vagina wet, sometimes it's quite thick and creamy, sometimes it's quite watery. It depends on many factors like how much water the girl has drank, the time of the month etc.

What you see in porn (the explosive squirting that sees buckets of fluid being projected across rooms) is generally considered to be a complete myth. Contrary to what you see on the internet, only a tiny number of girls are able to squirt in the sense that they actually project fluid - many experts have actually questioned whether or not "squirting" of the type you see in porn is possible as there is no biological mechanism to make this happen. In porn it's usually done by filling up the girl's bladder with distilled water to create an effect for the camera and it's extremely sad that so many young girls and boys think this is something that is common, let alone something that is to be expected.

If your boyfriend wants to leave you because you can't "squirt" then he's going to be a very lonely man for the rest of his life as he'll be extremely lucky if he ever finds a girl who can. If the problem is that you don't feel wet enough during sexual activity then it's highly likely to be because you're anxious, and if you're obsessed with trying to "squirt" and worried that you're unable to do so then you're just going to become more anxious. Your boyfriend needs some serious sex education if he thinks there's anything wrong with you.

Finally, if your worry is that other girls you know say they can "squirt" then I wouldn't worry about it because it's likely they're just saying they can because they also think "squirting" is normal because they've taken sex lessons from watching internet porn.