Ok so my brothers girlfriend(now ex girlfriend) was pregnant with his baby and had an abortion without him knowing, then he left her for it along with some other reasons. Now she is saying that when she went for her check up at the clinic yesterday they told her that the abortion didn't take.... at first I thought that this is impossible but then I have been hearing that if you are not that far along when you get a abortion that sometimes it don't work. What do you think about this? I told her that if she was just saying this to try to get him back that she was crazy and that I would be very mad at her and some other choice words. Also she is saying that if he don't plan on being with her in the near future that she is going to go and get a surgical abortion. I don't know what to believe, but he don't want to be with her and I am against abortion. This could be my neice or nephew she is trying to kill. So my question is do you think that it is possible that she could still be pregnant and if so do you think that he has a good chance of getting custody after she has the baby?

Is it possible, yes, likely no. You are correct, it would be more likely the earlier the abortion was attempted. You should be aware that there is also a very good chance, if it didn't take, that the fetus may spontaneously abort in the future (on its own) or that it may have some birth defects.

The ex should have been scheduled for a follow-up appointment with either the clinic or her own doctor. They would have checked the status at that time.

I would be very hesitant to even contact this woman. I think your brother should stay away from her and contact a lawyer immediately to see what is going on. I know I'll get grief for saying this but I do know of women that will do anything to try to keep a boyfriend. regardless, if he does intend to try for custody, he needs to document everything that has happened and do it now.

Hope that helps, please keep us posted.

Good luck!

I am a 31 yr old single mother of three. I had PROTECTED sex and got pregnant. I then decided to have a surgical abortion and paid $300 to have it done. It hurt like hell. Then it was over. I'm in Maine and we had some severe weather conditions preventing me from making 2 appts. for a follow-up visit. I had been calling my Dr. office in order to let them know I was on the Neauva Ring as birth control and stil had not had my period. I was also up for a few nights with horrible side and abdomen pains. I was asked to go to the radiology dept for an ultrasound and there it was plain as day a 14wk old baby I thought I had terminated. What an awful feeling I had. My question is what in fact did the Dr. remove from me considering they have to test the "matter" to make sure they got it all and is there a high chance I will be unable to have this baby? Will the child be deformed or not even make it the whole term pregnancy? Also, they offered for me to go to another place and have another procedure. A place that they do it up to 20wks which would cost me $600 ~ are you kidding me. What if it doesn't work again? What about the $300 I already paid. Are they liable for any further complications or did I just sign mine and my unborn childs rights away? I'm saddened and distrot to think I just wanted to make sure I covered all basis' and yet here I am. With a child or possibly one that is not going to make it. I could never have another procedure now that I have seen the pictures of what is in fact a baby but they said it is too early to do a preliminary ~ which would count the hand, feet, fingers and toes. Please Help ease my mind!

Thank you,

In Shock

Hi, can you tell me the outcome of what happened with the baby?

Boi im gonna have to get on you