Oh my goodness.  I had a bad chest cold and returned to the gym after 14 days.  After 15 minutes my lower body started itching and burning.  I usually feel a little around the stomach area which makes me think i am burning fat.  First thing this morning I look on the web and found all these explanations.  Releasing toxins and opening up the pores is fine with me.  Thank you all.

Idk i have the exact opposite i dont have this issue when i run, jog .... i have this issue when im curling 30lbs..... my neck and biceps and cheeks(face) start to burn alot.  I dont get it when i do crunches. but when i curl for awhile i do, it also happens when i do pushups my neck and face  burn, my chest.  I'm going to start drinking more

Cholinergic urticaria may be a plausible diagnosis.

I first had my episode in college during track practice as it made me collapse. At the time the trainer thought I was cramping. Little did I know I was being introduced to this terrible, annoying allergy. Overtime the issue got worst and today it has made me fearing running. I am a personal trainer in good shape so I know it's not all about conditioning. I have noticed that areas containing higher fat deposit on my body tend to jiggle more thus causing the itching in chest, back, groin area (the worst), butt, and legs. Also, It does seem to go away after a few days of continuous running. why? I have no clue. If I take a week off from running it starts all over again. I agree that this does not happen in hot showers or baths; however, if I'm in a hot tub and the jets are hitting my back it starts itching badly as well. This could only mean that the itching is due to bouncing, or pounding stress placed on the body. I read about histame diamine oxidase which is suppose to regulate the release of histamine, oppose to antihistamine products that block the release of histamine. I have not tried nor do I think I will try it. I will however start taking a probiotic can reduce histamine levels.  ***this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed***

I feel so relieved to have found this! I really felt like there was something weird wrong with me! And trying to explain it to people was making it sound extra weird. I used to be in such good shape, ran cross country and track. Every once in awhile I might get a little itchy but nothing major UNTIL I quit running for an extended period of time and started back up again with power walking and jogging. Then it was where after maybe 10-15 minutes, it was unbearable to excercise. I was ready to rip my legs off it would itch/burn so much! I have gotten quite out of shape because of this. I miss jogging/walking so much! I read in several posts that trying an antihistamine, such as claritn, would help so I am giving it a try today! We will see what happens! I have allergies anyways so taking the Claritin is something I need to do anyways! Wish me luck!

Look up exercise uticaria

i suffer from this too. I notice that its not only DRY SKIN, but DEAD DRY SKIN which causes the problem. If I exfoliate my legs (where ever I predict it will itch) prior, and keep the skin absolutely moist by using high quality moisturiser (vaseline range- not petroleum though) is great for this. Viola.. Absolutely no problem at all. EX FOLIATE in a shower well.. and its gone.

My cousin is a personal trainer and she advised me that the itchiness is due to the saturated fat leaving your body during workouts.

Thank you so much! you gave the best answer of all.

I have this problem when i workout my body starts to itch really bad(back, arms, legs n butt) and burns to.  I do take dietary supplements(creatine) n i don't know if that's the problem.  I just have this problem only n the winter time i do use lotion(eucerin)it maybe winter itch.  Can u help?

I also have this condition and my first rememberance of it was when i was 8 years old walking to school  and perhaps 50lbs wet.  It got worst when I got older and started running.  People could see my skin turn red and i would itch like crazy and skin becomes really hot especially in cold weather.  I have learned that it is not as bad or non-existence in real hot weather.  I did jogging (which i had not done in months) in  Belieze and never felt a thing.

But here in the US if I stop runningwalking  for 2 weeks, the itches return from my neck down to my knees.  Another thing i notice if the itches do occur it is worst in the morning than in the evening and perhaps that has something to do with me running around all day.

So what i do is run in the morning until i feel it (which is about 15-20 mins) and stop.   Then go again at night until I feel it.  Once i do this for 2 weeks every day, the itches go away ( i guess my blood is fully circulated) by then and I can increase runningwalking time with no itches. 

I do believe a small portion of this has to do with part of my auto immune system  based on Dr's report I was born with lower than average white blood cells and had to fend off pnuemonia, brochitus and high tempertures majority of my life.

This is incorrect. Trust me.

Its your skin getting used to cracking into the derma and creating dermatological response. hence why in hot (sweating skin) weather your skin is ok. Take my advice, exfoliate regularly and then before a run moisturise your skin. You should moisturise after every shower anyway. Im no specialist but I do know my science making deductions here as a biochemist by degree. Your just going to have to get a bit girly about your skin.

There is no right or wrong answer. The only answer is not taking a drug. After a period of inactivity and you decide to exercises, the blood capillaries begin to open again and this triggers a sensation to your brain and creates an itching sensation in your body (your body feels it as an itch). It has to do with the flow of blood in your body. You are *waking* up your body so your body is responding to you. Keep exercising consistently and this should go away but if you stop exercising consistently; it will come back. The reason why it goes away when you exercise consistently is because the capillaries are always open and there is no sensation being sent to the brain and therefore no creation of an itch in your body. I can see taking a warm shower or moisturizing the body before hand can aid in reducing the itch. Again, there seems to be no right or wrong answer. Take the advice that you are more comfortable with and see what works for you. Frankly, it all makes sense depending on your experience.

you are exactly right! Urtikaria... look it up!