I have the burning sensation almost all the time but seems to get worse after a work out.  I have had a lot of blood work and my allergist prescribed anti-histamine and that did not work. The dermatolist says I am " inflamed" and have very dry skin and suggested I use Dove soap and he prescribed a salve called Eletone that seems to cut down the sensation but it wears off by the afternoon.  He said for what I have,  I should actually get sun.  I am heading to FL for the first sun after this horrible winter and will test out the theory.  I also use Sarna for sensitive skin at night which gives me the most relief.

Makes a lot of sense! I thought this only happens to me. The itching is in the fatty body parts, inner thighs, love handles; this happens outdoors and more so in the winter. I usually push past it and it gets better as I continue. Good feedback.

I have the same problem. MINE STARTED IN THE 11TH GRADE I HAD GREW MY HAIR OUT FOR THE FIRST TIME AND I WAS RUNNING IN PE AND STARTED WITH A TINGLING FEELING ON MY SCALP. THEN EVERYWHERE MY BACK MY CHEST MY THIGHS AND LEGS. ITS HORRIBLE I AM NOW 27 YEARS OLD STILL HAVING THE SAME PROBLEMS. WHEN MY CUZZIN STAYED WITH ME IN HIGH SCHOOL HE HAD THE SAME THING BUT HIS WENT AWAY. I AM GAINING SO MUCH WEIGHT NOW AND CANT LOSE IT BECAUSE I GOTTA GO THROUGH HELL WHEN IT GETS A LITTLE HOT BODY TEMP GOES UP. I CAN EVEN BE IN A SHOWER AND IF IT GETS TO HOTT ILL START ITCHING SO BAD. MY MOM IS A NURSE AND SHE BROUGHT ME SOME PRETNIZONE AND IR WORKED FOR LIKE A WEEK I WAS ABLE TO SWEAT A LITTLE WITH OUT IT FLARING BUT DOESNT WORK ANYMORE JUST MADE ME GAIN MORE WEIGHT I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO IM MARRIED NOW AND I FEEL LIKE I CANT LIVE A NORMAL LIVE BECAUSE I CANT GO OUT ON HOT DAYS OR GO FOR WALKS ITS SUX SO BAD.

i have the same problem, i am from india, in summer season i am perfecty fine, but in winter if i run or do exercise, my body begins to itch and that body burn like a fire i have no solution, so every year in winter season i quit gym, running and exercise :(

guys I suffer from this same symptoms as well. There's multiple reasons for this. The capillaries beds in your body have closed probably due to inactivity and is now trying to expand to push the blood through due to increased heart rate.Staying active helps this. Also, skin irritation do to lotions or perfumes as well as the clothes you wear can also cause it. Lately, studies have soon this could be a histamine related condition where your body is trying to prevent exhaustion in that area. Try using ab antihistamines such as benadryl.

I've been experiencing the itching problem of over 20 years. No doctor has been able to help me. I also believe it's a circulation problem. If i just walk for more than a block (hot or cold) my body starts to flare up. If any one has found anything that helps them, please let me know.

YES!!! I USUALY HAVE THE PROMBLEM IF I STAY IN SUN, OR if I walk on sunshine....... If i run EVERYTHING HURSTS AND ITCHES... Just help me plz... iCANT STAND IT ANYMORE, I CANT PLAY SOCCER (FOOTBALL) I cant run... im just 15 and i am dying ,,, and if the itches will go at my face,,, i cant conteroll myself....

THIS!!!! IS MY PROBLEM..... plz i really need help,,,,,, i dont know what to do.... if i stay on sun my body itches, if i walk or run... my body itches..... if i get to exited my body itches.. if i am angry, happy, sad......... plz can u tell me,,,, can this thing go AWAY!!??? Or it will stay forever... i have 3 months like this and i can't stand it...... im just 15 and i cant play anymore, i cant run ,,, i can't just go out ,,,,,, plz help me

Let me guess you have not worked out in a while so that's why. Hydrate yourself properly and start small work outs each day. Go out in the sun. Start running with cold water or gatorade in hand. When it itches drink lots and then stop. Cool down. Each day. This is 100% guarantee it will work.

haha its not allergies. its not body temperature. haha your so clueless. I've been athletic my whole life and a military combatant my adult life, and What i've found is that constant activity (sports daily, daily walking/jogging) for beyond two weeks will make the itchiness go away. However if you stop activity for more than 3 days, then the itchiness will return and another 2weeks will have to be dedicated until it goes away again.

The itching keeps me in fear of not working out. I dont want to be seen scratching myself in front of others and so i have to work out. i got injured once and kicking a soccer ball a couple of times caused me start itching so bad everywhere. its horrible.

and yeah man, its sucks, but IF you have to workout (like the military forces you to), then usually i try to walk around or jog at night a few days before you have to be active in front of people, so that no one will see you scratch yourself. trust me, the itchiness goes away after a few weeks of activity. you just have to push through it, and keep up the activity; once you no longer itch you cant stop activity for more than three days. if youre not a jogger, then run/play with your dog, swim, dance... i know what youre going through. I know it can get so bad where it feels like you cant breath or walk down the street, but it gets better after a few weeks, and you can be normal and not itch. I promise you, i know. no doctor has a clue whats going on. they'll look at you like your crazy. its not runners itch, its not your clothes. its not your detergent. Benadryl wont help. ibuprofen kind of helps but it only lessons the time that you're itchy not the intensity. Beat juice doesn't help. Your waiting your money on anything they tell you to buy. that have no clue and i dont think they can comprehend what we go through, the violence of the itchiness. I tried the salt free diet and it does nothing as well. Im not biochemist or anything so i can only guess that my parents did drugs while i was in the whom or there is some chemical in the food that my body itsnt responding to.

if you are some doctor or chemist looking into this, stop telling people what you think and do research, because your giving horrible advice worthy of being sued over. because i stop (completely) itching after some time of working out daily yet begin itching again from any physical activity once i stop working out for longer than 3 days, something may be building up in my body during periods of inactivity.

OMG...I am so glad I am not alone....I have the same problem...I am getting so overweight cause I am getting older (44) and my metabolism is slowing down...I don't know what to do:( Have u found a solution yet?

I have the same condition and my doctor has me on Mucinex D. This works but I do have to have it in my body a day before exercising. If I go on vacation with a lot of walking, I will start taking it three days prior to leaving. Mine started in HS and is getting worse. My nine year old daughter has started showing signs too. It is extremely frustrating since I can't go for a simple walk at the last minute. I am overweight and out of shape because of this problem.

I heard same thing too, but with a little research I began to come across other possible causes like expansion of the blood vessels releasing histamines which sends signals to the brain which in turn interprets the signals as itciing during jogging or other vigorous excersise. Also clothing allergies,extreme high or low temperatures are also possible causes according to my research. I hope to try out different remedies prescribed by these different schools of thought in order overcome this very persistent and irritating problem.

It's called cholinergic urticaria!!