I had this problem very bad for years and i strongly believe is a fat problem. anyhow the fat is troubled it began to itch and burn. after i bathed, with oil on my skin i tried massage and rub the fat on my leg and it gives me the same burn and itch and put my body on fire. I tried massaging the fat in the back below my shoulder bone and it gives the same result. so i sure think is fat what is the problem.

It Is called an EXERCISE INDUCED ALLERGY.
I saw no correct responses so had to answer this. It is usually unexplained to a specific allergen. Take nondrowsy antihistamine as soon as it begins or daily if it is happening frequently. My nose also runs when I eat or go to the bathroom bm, as if I have a sudden cold. Told ear nose throat allergist this while being checked for other because it seemed strange. The doctor's reaction was that this is just how some people's bodies react and that's what it's called. If you google it there is more information explaining it. I find that when my heart rate goes above 70% it becomes much worse fast.

I have the same issue and found this to be related to an allergy. I am allergic to beer, either its the barley wheat or gluten im not sure. This is your body getting rid of toxins through your sweat. I dont know the medical terminlology for this but for me it happens after ive had beer at some point during the week. The first workout is the worst, skin feels like its on fire. After that, the workouts arent nearly as bad...I guess that initial sweat gets most of the toxins out.

I itch only when the weather gets cold: my sides, stomach, back, chest to insanity! I dread working out in the winter but power thru it because it stops once I break a sweat but in the meantime I am itching undert my shirt and scratching my back on corner walls, gym equipment, etc ...HELP!
Im going to move to Calif where it doesnt get cold enuf for this to be a problem

I dont know about that fat trigger reference...I'm in good shape but still have this problem..it only happens when my heart rate starts to rise in the colder weather. I hate winter because of this.

I was just talking to a co-worker about this Itching problem I have when I get out of shape! Same as many posted already so bad I need to stop running...however it does go away after a few runs...I took a couple months off doing cardio (running on the treadmill) and my first run this year was terrible 10min in had to start walking , second workout was better didnt feel nearly as itchy until 15+min in, third run of the week even better itchy after 20min and now after a few weeks I ran 45min yesterday on the treadmill with no itch at all...My suggestion is stay consistent your running and gradually increase your stamina and your itch threshold will get further and eventually it will go away if you stay active running your body will get use to the blood circulation and no longer itch.

Hope this helps

This has started to happen to me for the past month or so. I don't know what it is, but I take a Benadryl when I feel like it's gonna itch. It's a horrible feeling. I have no clue what causes it. Do you eat plenty of sweets? I feel that's when my acts up the most.

I presume it is circulation to the fatty areas. After I have done fast walking for a week this sensation goes away. When I do not fast walk for 3+ weeks, the same sensation comes back. I notice it is in the areas where I have cellulite or fat storage.

It is finally nice to hear I not crazy and there are other people that itch with exercise. I am fit so I don’t agree with the theory it will go away with fitness improvements. I also don’t get hives and it is gone in 15 kind after body warms up or I break a sweat. Some times it is worse then others. Allergy meds haven’t helped yet. Those 15 mins on tread drive me nuts.