Yes it does make since because I have the same problem in those same areas. What makes it better also is when I pull my clothes away from my body like if I have on leggins something tight fitting. I literally wanted to scream when I was on the tread mill with the incline up. I can feel the burning sensation and itching uuuggghhh so terrible!!

Do consume anything that contains niacin? Ex: 5 hr energy shots or supplements... that is a side effect.

releasing toxins and opening pores is what happens continuously & is exacerbated by heat respectively. This is seperate and distinct from the issue relating to intense itching/burning at areas of the body.

I have this same problem and it only happens during the winter, and I noticed it happens when i am dehydrated. The dry winter air will also contribute to dehydration. Try drinking water in larger quantities and more frequently allowing your mast cell degeneration which leads to histamine release to happen with more comfort.

I have had this problem and for me it goes away once I break a good sweat. If I have not been sweating for some time it will be worse for a couple exercise sesssions. I think that may be why its a little better in the summer, because I am sweating more often.

It can be so bad that I cant break a sweat because I just get to itchy and have to jump in a cold shower. In times like those I have to just slowly get back into heating my body up over the course of a few days. And just get a little itchy and then stop then eventually I can break a sweat and then if I keep sweating most days its not a big problem.

Eureka. thought I was the only one in the world with similar symptons. I joke about the fact that exercise must be contagious because whenever I raise my body temperature and heart rate, i.e., power walking, snow shoveling, tread mill, my skin breaks out in tiny little red hives and my arms and legs get so itchy I am literally ready to scrub my skin off trying to calm myself down. Benadryl makes me groggy but Allegra seems to work pretty well. found this web site purely by accident but plan to stay in touch.

I understand you have gone to the extent of getting an MRI etc...and do have a clear understanding of the problem.However this condition however rare it may be has got to have a name....does anyONE know what this condition is called ?

Many people may be experiencing urticaria. I often have had this problem through the years, but since I switched to a vegan diet I don't seem to itch when I exercise. I think it has something to do with allergies.

I have this problem too ,the thing is that it started occurring after a year of not doing my daily jogs or any type of exercise. I suggest you exercise atleast 2/3 times a week for about an hour or two. Drink plenty of water and eat healthy foods. A plus will be using a good trusty moisturizer.

I have the itchy skin issue also.  I an fairly lean (7%) body fat. However when I start the running I get the itch so bad I have to stop and scratch. Sometime the itch is so bad I stop go home and scratch until relief.  I have seen some suggestions that mention that the body builds up histamine under situations like exercising.  I went to CVS and got an antihistamine called Lortadine. I took 10 mg 1 hour before my run and supprisingly the itch never happened as long as I took it prior to running.  I was able to focus on my cardio instead of itching.  I chose Lortadine becasue it is one of the few antihistamies that are non-drowsy.

hope that helps

I know you might overlook this, but indigestion can play a part. itchy legs and arms can be a result of indigestion. I suffer really bad and get an itchy face and just under the hairline and around the eyebrows. If i force a burp out it is sometime relieved.

Thank u., thank u I am in tears I have been struggling with this for almost all my life, I was born in the caribbean and as a child walking & running were torture for me, I am 37 & I have been searching for answers but never got them answered I was told by a dermatogolist to take benedryl before I workout but it made me so drowsy that I could never work out after i took it.. Even sex was torture...but I will try Zyrtec & see what happens...once again thank you

All of these answers and suggestions make a lot of sense, however, I've experienced this same itch/ache/painful feeling when ever I am on my treadmill, and I've been off of it for several weeks.  As though my body has to get used to the machine again.  Rather the giggle of the fat in certain areas of my body. 

It doesn't happen all over, but there are certain parts of the body I get this uncomfortable feeling, and it always happens after a down time from my   exercising.  After 4 - 8 days, I don't get the aching/itching/painfulness any more.

I too itch! I only itch where i have the most body fat. I dont believe it is tempature related cuz i can itch hot or cold.but i do know that as i continue to exercise on a regular basis and my core gets stronger the itching stops. so just keep it up! and im talking 60 minutes 4 or more times a week and watch the food you eat. make the calories count good vs bad. as i believe the body fat has a lot to do with the itch. good luck to you

i also get ichty outta no where but i wouldnt be exercising i'd start itching in a hot shower or just sittin here or moving around my house i'm only 145 pounds 5'10 an i'm pretty skinny/muscular i don't understand why i get itchy out of no where. anyone have an answer for me that could help me find out why.