These posts have provided me much relaxation....but i still need to go get tested...pray for me

Hi all- well I have been the stupidiest person alive, i have an amazing GF with a baby. she is gorgeous yet i met a girl from the net and had unprotected sex with her , about 8and half weeks ago. in the last 3 weeks i have lost over 2 stone in weight, had a sore throat and loads of stomach cramps.
I had HIV test at 3 weeks it cam negative and HIV test at 8 weeks with a negative result.
I dont know what i would do if i have HIV and invected my GF , i really dont know.
I went to hospital with these pains, they gave me a camera up my retum and camera down my throat and all was normal, i have alos had a ultrasound ab scan with normal results.I really dont no what to do, is a 8 weeek test any good?????
I was hopfully thinkning if i was suffering from over 2 stone of weight loss because of HIV then it surly would be in my blood and the 8 week test would of picked up on it??? anyone share any light with this. i would rather honest answer and tell me how it is, i know i have been the dumest person alive.
thanks for your time you taken to read this, regards

Everything you need to know about HIV and how to protect yourself and others is simply a click away . Go to the interactive site, watch the videos, test your knowledge and find out who is protected.

*** edited by moderator*** web addresses not allowed

I am in the same boat with you guyz, I had unprotected sex with a Girl from the club, I knew it was a dumb ting to do, It became even worse when my friends told me i sould get tested and i began developing this symptoms randomly twoday ago, I have been stressed and do not pay attention in classes but reading some of these posts are easing my mind and i am suddenly feeling better

Hi guys, just came on this forum randomly, just last month had sex with a escort? had condom etc no oral interaction, but recently i'm getting muscle pain when i wake up early in the morning, some red spot which goes off when i apply medicine, so far no fever,no stomachache am i being paranoid???

or should i go get tested? thanks i need advice!

Hello, my friends...

I just wanted to leave behind some wisdom. I've screwed up in the past and I know how you guys feel.

Just remember: ALWAYS wear a condom. It's not worth the paranoia! As long as the condom doesn't break you're 100% protected!
Also, HIV is relatively hard to transmit. Unprotected oral sex is extremely low risk, the transmission/acquisition risk for unprotected vaginal is 1 per 2000 exposures and unprotected anal is 1 per 500. Regardless of rarity, BE SAFE! Brief pleasure is not worth the risk of living the rest of your days with HIV! Testing is only considered definitive if it's done outside the window period which is 3 months. For some cases, like unprotected sex with someone CONFIRMED to be HIV+, a test at 6 months is generally also required. Also, symptoms are rare and unreliable but if they occur they come up 2-3weeks after infection. Most with HIV have detectable antibodies between 4-6 weeks after the initial infection, any negative tests after that time are extremely encouraging but not definitive til the 3-month mark.

I hope this helped calm some fears.

Educate yourselves and be safe! Knowing is half the battle! ;)

Best,

--Dragon Ranger

Thank you Dragon Ranger for the informative post. I think that eases a few stress off my back. I feel really paranoid right now because I just had unprotected oral sex with someone. It was around 10 hours ago and I think I'm feeling all the symptoms I've read online. My throat is dry and painful, my stomach is also painful, and I feel so wasted. But according to you, HIV symptoms will not show until a few weeks. But then again I should head to a doctor just to be sure. Oh God, please let it be negative. I have learned my lesson. I also pray for those experiencing the same agony. God bless us all.

- Mr. Paranoid

Hi Mr. Paranoid,

I've been there and had a ton of "symptoms" myself, most are due to other things or due to ANXIETY! For all you know your symptoms came from a normal sore throat and some bad Mexican food! :) Besides, those "symptoms" were early and not indicative of HIV ARS (Acute Retroviral Syndrome). So, chillax, try not to think about it, and get an HIV antibody test 3 months after your last exposure. I'm very confident and would bet a pretty penny that you'll be A-OK!

--Dragon Ranger

Excellent post Dragon Ranger - it's very easy to get things out of proportion - as serious and scary as life becomes when you realize you've made a mistake that could affect you for the rest of your life - but words from those who have lived through it are gifts of immense value; soak them up. All the best for anyone out there living through the window period - I'm coming out the other end, all's well I think (all tests so far anyway!); stay strong, bless you all

Was not his name Magic Johnson? I don't believe it is Michael Jordan, correct me if it is him also.

I recently went through a similar experience where I exhibited more than a handful of early HIV symptoms including:

1) soar throat
2) lesion on my penis
3) rash
4) malaise
5) night sweats
6) aching muscles

I was positive that I was positive. And at the end of the day (actually at the end of several weeks/months of anxiety) I turned out to be fine. I wrote about it extensively at my blog called "My Close Encounter with HIV". You can Google it. Hopefully I can post the URL here - because it certainly is relevant to the topic at hand. Just remember that the symptoms of HIV are ambiguous and inconsistent. Testing is the only way to know.

***edited by moderator*** web addresses not allowed

this is very similar to my case. after a protected sex. I end up having chills without fever, prone to sickness, burning sensation all over the body and stomach growling for 3 months now. I undergo test for HIV antibody test in the 4th and 8th week which turned out negative. protected sex is a very low risk yet because I'm still sick. I can't help thinking over it.

I hope anyone can shed some light.

anonymous wrote:

Quote:

I have a concern and would just like opinions.

On new year this year I was intimate with a friend of mines I had not seen in years. We had oral sex. Two days later I felt nausous, and weak. About a month later my stomach would growl all day and night. No Diarehea just a grwoling stomach. Than later in February I started feeling uncomfortable (something like a burning sensation throughout my body). I went to the doctor in April and they found nothing. I thought it was just stress so it would go away. By May everynow and then I would have cold chills during the day and my stomach would still growl all day and night. I told my doctor and he said wait a few more weeks. I decided to wait til July. When July hit, I still would experience stomach turns, and this periodic chills. The doctor took another blood sample and called a few days later and said everything came back fine. I told myself well this would be 7 months after I sex with my friend so I must not be HIV positive. Now it is the end of September and I am still having a growling stomach, still have chills periodically, and just two days ago have this constant cough. I don't think it is a dry cough because cold comes up everytime I cough.

My question is should I still be worried that I may have HIV?

I hope anyone can shed some light.

Hi, I would like to join you guys, I'm also feeling this way,
and I'm trying to find out what is the cause, so do you have any idea so far?

hello there. I read your postings with interest.
Unfourtunately i have similar problems.
During sex my condom had came off but I didn't notice. Then I was exposed to danger.
After that i had many symptoms as follwos;

mono like aches and apins all over the body, Loss of appetite, weight lost, white coated tongue, burning sensation all over the body and chills(neuropathy), stomac cramps, nausia.

within 3 months i took 4 HIV test all came out negative. latrs one was at the end of 3 month. Nurse said it is conclusive you don't have HIV.
But symptoms persist and I feel very sick. What should I do? Do you have any suggestion

Hi guys! My 1st time on a forum.
I used to have unprotected sex with random people - that's what kind of effect alcohol can have on some of us. We frequently don't worry about anything at the time, but the morning (hello, morning?! - a week or even month) after, we are scared like shite!
I 'grew up' only after I tried to commit suicide thinking that I might have contracted HIV and passed it on to my beloved one who genuinely most likely remained faithful to me! I wasn't really concerned about the fact that I may have caught it, but the possibility I may have passed it on to the person who loved me so much, and I didn't appreciate it enough!!!

Now I know I'm healthy; I drink less these days, and don't practice unprotected sex with strangers.
Alcohol / substance abuse may loosen our limits, but at the same time the chemicals can make us feel very bad (thoughtful/depressed). Surely you've been hungover in your lives? Isn't it then when you say you won't DRINK again?! Same thing with [unprotected] sex; nowadays we know of all the dangers related with sexual health, and instead of taking precautions, we sometimes worry [only] afterwards.
And, somehow, this unnecessary thinking can really lead us to developing something similar to HIV symptoms (?). In that state we keep on searching the internet for 1st symptoms. I've been in this situation a couple of times myself, and I know how bad this feels.
LUCKILY my suspicions have always proven untrue; I am healthy. I have learned my lesson though.
And one final thing Ill say:
"Don't let a moment of pleasure become your lifetime regret!" - a quote from the London Underground.