Hi.. how are you now

im going throught the same thing

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

March2014 i got an allergic reaction a few hours after eating seafood (it never happend before). April2014 i got sorethroat the night after drinking 3 grande size americano coffee in a day. November2014 i got chickenpox after my 2 week trip in province. July2015 i got a boil in my knee. October2015 i got a boil again in my butt. Since then i have been getting boil in my underwear area only. The longest time i didnt hav a boil is 2 months.
Does this strongly suggest hiv? Or just a bad case of bacteria and a bunch of isolated illnesses? Please share what you think bout this...

Hello! to everyone worried of HIV symptoms.
I am a South Asian living in Europe. For the first time in my life (21y) I slept with a woman (more than twice of my age) - several times WITHOUT protection and after couple of weeks I got a mouth ulcer. And I too did what I should not have done. Searched in google!!! Found out that mouth ulcer is one of the symptoms, and after going through the symptoms I started experiencing almost all the symptoms written there within few hours.

First a little fever, few hours later diarrhea and then joint pain, swollen lymph nodes and to make it worse I suddenly woke up around 3 am in the next morning which lead me to think I had night sweats.
No wonder! My panic button was ON! The whole next day I was thinking how unfortunate I am to get this kind of a infection from my first experience, when I am so young. Later that day I got confirmation from my partner that her last test was negative which I did not believe. It was only 3 weeks from my first experience, yet I wanted to get tested. So went to the best place I could possibly find to get tested.

And then came the toughest week of my life. Waiting for the results. Everyday I was experiencing new kinds of symptoms. Any slight change in my health, I google searched with the tag "- symptom HIV" and f**k! every illness of me was there as a symptom of HIV. At that time I was certain I was infected. All my dreams vanished. I was planning my life with the infection. That was the longest week of my life. I was counting hours!!!

And the results. It was today's morning. I went to the doctor being ready for anything. I do not have words to express the feelings I had on the way to the hospital. Went to the doctor, found my result, and guess what? It was NEGATIVE!!!!!! But since I did the test after 3 weeks from exposure there is a slight chance for the result to be wrong but very low as it was ELISA test confirmed by IFA test.
I will be testing again in a month. Wish me good luck!!!

With all that being said, what I have to tell you is that,
1. Always have protected sex
2.Never search in google for symptoms. That will only make you feel worse. A google search of your illness + the term "HIV" will show you your illness as a HIV symptom.
3.Do not wait! Go get tested!!!
Good Luck to you. Even if you end up getting HIV positive, that is not the end of the world. Always try to be happy!

Omg, surr did you ever find out, because I'm super scared . Almost a year ago from today me and my now husband separated and he moved out , I slept with a guy about a month and a half after he moved out UNPROTECTED (STUPID OF ME) "3" TIMES but all different times , maybe weeks apart , 3rd time I started to itch bad , etc I was freaking out from reading online , went to the doc and he stated it was a yeast but in my mind I still thought about what I read online , so I was convinced thats what I had so he prescribed me with meds for both yeast and what I thought I had and ok I was fine , so then I NEVER slept with the guy again (cut all ties) But then about a month later my now husband (which I was with for almost 10 yrs before we separated) got into a bad motorcycle accident and I was right by his side he was in hospital for a whole month, day and night I was by his side and when he came out we decided to get back together and finally got married 3 months later and knowing that he might of also been with other girls , I didn't think nothing of it i guess just focused on him and making sure hes ok from the accident and then taking care of the kids too and trying to make ends meet since i was the only one working at the time - not to mention about 5/6 months ago we also had sex from rectum (which we like doing for years from time to time). but now this year 2017 he "MY HUSBAND" felt a lump on his manubrium and so I started looking it up to see what it might be and it stated cancer , Hiv , etc and my whole body went into shock mode instantly had an anxiety attack , I cried and cried and cried , my body got tense, and and kept crying thinking souly of our kids and how Im thinking my life is over . So i told him he needs to go to the doctor if it doesnt go down like it stated online , so he did !! & they prescribed him meds and it took the lump away , but still in my mind im thinking of what i read online , so now i start reading symptoms, etc and my body kept getting more tense and tears kept coming down , been stressed, anti social (which is not me), very fatigue not doing the things I've been doing before I started to read on stuff, and now of course I start feeling the symptoms it's says on hiv, and I haven't been eating, lost so much weight from not eating, feel nauseous, flaky hair/face , tingly arms/legs , my period has been diff, I can keep going . I'm so afraid that everytime i look at my husband I'm always asking him are you ok, checking him every 5 minutes, & i remember calling him one night (because he works out of town) crying, i couldn't breath (had a masive panic attack ) and hes questioning me what is going on with me , that ever since the lump I've been diff, telling me hes fine (WHICH THANK GOD IT DID GO DOWN) but I continue to cry and cry, thinking and thinking, can't sleep and keep questioning myself "WHAT IF". I went to church and probably filled the church up with tears confessing to one of the ladies there and she told me to talk to my husband and continue to pray that god works miracles , she told me to tell him that we should go get tested that more then likely it's nothing since the lump went away , so when i left church I called him and asked the Lord to please make the devil deff from the conversation I'm about to have , and we talked on it and he said so let's go get tested because I'm out of control and he's not use to seeing me this way ..... I'M SCARED TO DEATH ....... please help !!!!

*Not ELISA it was P24 combo

How did the test go?

It's magic Johnson not Michael Jordan

Wow this is so encouraging

I was in a relationship over four years until I found out he was cheating, I broke up with him.. Luckily, he didn't give me anything! Hurt, anger, confused however.. I tried to just move on and talk to other guys, I met one and begin seeing him! Months passed in December we had sex once with a condom the second time drunk sex without one, how irresponsible, I feel so stupid and regret it everyday, I never do that! Well, we talked he insisted that he was clean and didn't have unprotected with any previous partners and he's clean, so I didn't worry at first! But I work in the medical field so that was short lived and I'm always worried about catching anything, also I tend to overthink a lot ! Well anyway, The end of January I got a cold, a fever that lasted a day, runny nose etc. which made me start to worry even more! Then in march, I got a little cold no fever this time but with hoarseness then song really loud at a party that night and lost my voice completely giving me laryngitis.. Moving on, in April I caught a really bad flu or URI, this heighten my anixety even more.. I just told myself to wait six months and go get tested! Shortly after my last cold, I started googling things and getting scared.. now I'm driving myself crazy, I can barely live my life right thinking what if.. I no longer talk to the guy cause we were just different and I'm ready to move on with my life but I'm unable too because I'm so scared. I have my test coming up this Tuesday which will be almost six months to the day of the last time I had sex with this guy and sex period! Well, since the test is approaching I'm so anxious and now exhibiting signs of tingling almost a goosebump like feeling in my legs when I get scared, anxious, or weirdly excited but not really, I also had a slight headache today which I think is from not sleeping and being extremely worried! I never slept around, I've always had monogamist relationships with guys and sex with protection now I'm afraid I ruined my whole life! I pray that god is just teaching me a lesson to never do this again because I promise I won't! I've decided to be celibate and wait for marriage! I miss my monogamist lifestyle and want it back more than ever! Please God help me, I'm so scared! This forum is great and comforting I wish everybody the best and we've all learned something valuable! Good luck everyone!

Oh yes, I forgot! He said it was a while since he last got tested but the last he knew he didn't have anything! I was so paranoid after the unprotected sex encounter two weeks later I went to the hospital and got an STD test and was completely clear of all STD! Still planned to get a test in six months not knowing I could of did it in three months!

hey. get yourself tested. I am sure you are not hiv positive. HIV dies few seconds after exposed in the air. So even if she touched her vagina and touched your penis few seoncds after, there is a veryyyyyy small possibbility that its transferred. I am sure you are OKAY. Dont kill yourself. there are many worse problems on earth that are way worse than hiv in case.

Hey just want to Give An update, I'm the one with the four year relationship that ended and met a guy. okay For future readers, who may check this forum for questioning your HIV status. Let Me Tell you, I drove my self up and down thinking I had that virus. I couldn't eat, couldnt sleep had reoccurring colds and A Severe Flu Or Bug that made Me puke if I coughed to hard, I found a pea sized lymph nodes, had an inflammed and irritated throat with white pimples on it almost every time I spit it had blood in it, mild night sweats and the whole nine after the unprotected encounter, almost immediately! I freaked myself out, had anixety which cause dizziness, slight ability to concentrate from worrying so much, tight muscles in my legs and tingling feet and legs and constant worry, sleepless nights, Diarrhea and me constantly checking myself and freak out if I saw a bump that itched or a scratch that got there without my knowledge. I couldn't even live my life and couldn't be happy. I cried all night and mornings on my way to work! I had All these symptoms to find out, I am HIV negative and STD Free 6 entire months after the encounter which are conclusive results! In fact, I Actually Have Severe allergies mix with a acute upper Respiratory Infection that was not properly treated! Thank you jesus! for the first time in months I can breathe

Did you ever find out what happened?

I undestand how you feel hang in I just place my faith in the one who looks at us from above the unknown divine aura.I shall keep you in my prays dear one