I had unprotected sex with a woman and I noticed tiny itchy bumps on both of my palms but they only icthed for the first day they seem like they turned a redish with a little itch. I also work in a warehouse nd my hands get very dry do to the cold I got tested a couple days ago and waiting for my results the doctor said it doesnt look like a hiv rash and I have no other symptoms or rash anywhere else chest , legs , face etc but my stomach growls alot I get my results in a 5 days but still nervous plz help anyone

Magic Johnson not Jordan but good story thanks

It is possible to carry the HIV virus for decades before symptoms begin to show. Some people become infected and develop full blown AIDS within a 2-3 years, Other take 20 years.

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

Hi bombpro, what about you now?I have some question. can you send email to me? 

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

me too. I have test HIV ,it is negative. but now I sitll have many syspotoms:skin pain, itchy bump ...

Hi, if you see it. please send email to me. I have same symptoms of you. email is furture1987 at(@) yahoo dot(.) com

Very unlikely at your age for you or your friends to have it. Good obvious for swallowing God love you. Girls from my era didn't do that.

I have similar story to most. I have been unwell since 2 days after the encounter. Its been nearly 2 months now. I had a test at over just over 2 weeks. Two doctors have assured me that I do not have it. One after and before the test. And even my gp Who I have gone to recently as I have been extremely unwell. I have had huge series of diff tests. My symptoms Headaches. Bad constant over a month every day. Chest infection. Only slight. Fatigue Blurry vision Swallen nymphs Sore eyes Sore neck Diahorea I had protected sex .unprotected oral In my country prostitution is legal and all sex workers must have regular testing. And contraction from a prostitute is apparently nearly unheard of. Of course I'm convinced I'm the exception from the rule. I'm 31 and have never been to a prostitute and or never even cheated before. The whole encounter listed a minute. She licked it like a Lolly pop was a complete turn off. I stuck it in a few times told her I was too tired stopped gave her 200 dollars and left. Unsatisfied, guilty, embarrassed, ashamed and just absolutely hating myself. And still feel the same way now. I want to get more tests done but it's impossible the doctors would rather send me to a psychologist than give me a simple test. What if I have infected my partner or unborn baby. I want to die I don't know if I can deal with this much longer. Why can't someone just give me the test and put my mind at ease. And what is going on with my health. Can I really make myself this unwell with stress and anxiety. My blood pressure is up maybe that's stress but it doesn't explain the rest.

Celebrity

what kind of tests did you do?
Different tests have different timing considering validity of results;

Antibody tests or "Rapid" tests - 3 months after exposure
Antigen tests or RNA tests - These are more expensive comparing to rapid tests, so many times they are not offered and they can be done as soon as 1 week after infection.
PCR tests - 2-3 weeks after infection.
Oraqucik for example (home test) - 3-6 months.

In your case either RNA or PCR test can be done to be 100% sure.

.... BUT - you had protected sex? I don't get it? Why are you panicking like that? It is very unlikely that you caught anything.

I think you feel guilty for cheating on your wife ... and if you ask me - you should. I hope it's a lesson learned.
Is there anyway you can talk to your wife? From what I have learned so far - honesty is between partners should be a priority...

I don't want to put salt on your wound - but there are also other things that you can transfer to your wife - and can be lethal for unborn - a virus like herpes. But, again, if you had protected sex - it is highly unlikely that you caught anything.

Celebrity

And yes... you can make yourself this sick based on stress.

I have the same symptoms to you.

Been worried sick (for no reason?) for awhile now.. Had unprotected vaginal sex with a girl about 2.5 months ago. Two days after that night I had a small 'rash', which spread to 4 locations on the right side of my body with maybe 10 blister like bumps (nothing else) in the week after. 3 days after the first rash spot I had a 24 hour fever which wasn't too bad. From that moment brain went into overdrive and the internet told me I had herpes, aids, Ebola and probably all three at the same time.. Did a test straightaway (which I now know is useless except for a baseline..) which was negative. Doctor told me it was most likely a case of recurring chickenpox. Talked to the girl and she told me she did a test 6 weeks after that night and came out negative. I wish my mind would chill the **** out after hearing that and reading up on the chances of actually getting HIV from a single heterosexual encounter.. Can't wait to finally get my 3 month test!

Celebrity

I would say you have herpes... Although perhaps it is a bit early (2 days) to get an outbreak. ... Herpes usually comes out within 4 weeks or so, but it is also possible to get an outbreak after 2 days... Did she ever get tested for herpes?
Get tested (IgG, hsv1, hsv2 ) since you probably already had a breakout... - blood test - will show 100% whether you had an outbreak or not... if you test for IgM it will let you know whether you have it - and when positive - you were infected with herpes but you hadn't have an outbreak (yet)... Herpes usually looks like clustered blisters ... However, these symptoms are absolutely not typical for HIV, and yes... I think you are overreacting, but I do understand you ... I would repeat the test because within 3 months your result should be more or less straightforward... Regarding recurring chickenpox - it is possible, but rare. Herpes is much, much more common. My advice - get tested for herpes - you should know whether it's herpes or not ... as well as you future potential partners...
Good luck
xox

Thanks for the reply! It's a bit of a weird location to get herpes.. The blisters were spread out over my wrist, chest, neck and above my eye.. Nothing weird happened on my penis. They didn't hurt or itch either.. A few days ago I had a bit of a burning sensation in the area where they were above my eye, but nothing appeared there or anywhere else on my body since the first time. I'll get it checked out as well just to be sure, problem with herpes tests is that they turn out positive even if you have a cold sore now and then (like most people in the world according to statistics)..

Just got tested at a bit more than 2.5 months; negative! All that worrying.. Lessons learned? This mistake is never going to be made again!